Are You A Dog Owner South Of CR466? Would you like a dog park south of CR 466?

Old 05-13-2009, 10:01 PM
Thumbs up Are You A Dog Owner South Of CR466? Would you like a dog park south of CR 466?

A meeting is scheduled Wednesday, May 20th in the Resolute Room at Lake Miona Rec. Center between 7 and 9pm. All Village residents are welcome to attend. Please remember to bring your Villages I.D. card. Responsible Dog Owners Group (RDOG) Board will be there to lend a hand in advising the newly established group of what will be required for them to move forward with a dog park proposal. If you would like to show your support for dog parks south of 466, I encourage you to be there. Please call Karen Tynes at 750-1627 or e-mail her at responsibledogownersgroup@embarqmail.com or Ellen Lyons at 391-1111 or e-mail her at jebutz@msn.com to reserve your seat.

Last edited by Responsible Dog Owners; 05-15-2009 at 04:56 PM. Reason: Update Contact Information
Old 05-13-2009, 10:20 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Responsible Dog Owners View Post
A meeting is scheduled Wednesday, May 20th in the Resolute Room at Lake Miona Rec. Center between 7 and 9pm. All Village residents are welcome to attend. Please remember to bring your Villages I.D. card. Responsible Dog Owners Group (RDOG) Board will be there to lend a hand in advising the newly established group of what will be required for them to move forward with a dog park proposal. If you would like to show your support for dog parks south of 466, I encourage you to be there. Please call Lori Miccuci at 751-2490 or e-mail her at rym101@aol.com to reserve your seat.
I live south of 466 and would love to see Dog Parks in the area. However ... I'm a seasonal resident who has reluctantly flown the coop! I'm sure there are others in the same boat.

How can we show support "long distance"?
Old 05-14-2009, 05:16 AM
Platinum member
Default You Bet I Would

Closer and convenience are my thoughts. Yeah - we need a park near 466A.
Old 05-14-2009, 10:16 AM
Default dog owner soon to be moving to the VILLAGES

Thanks Lori for the info, I can't be there for the meeting, won't arrive until the first of June. Please keep us posted on the out come of the meeting.
Thanks again from a soon to villages home owner!
Old 05-14-2009, 05:34 PM

If you are interested in participating when you are back in town, send me your name, phone number and e-mail address so I can keep you up to date on what's going on.

SEND TO: responsibledogownersgroup@embarqmail.com

Last edited by Responsible Dog Owners; 05-15-2009 at 04:57 PM.
Old 05-20-2009, 11:15 PM
Thumbs up RDOGS: Responsible Dog Owners South

Great news for all dog owners in Sumter County. The Responsible Dog Owners Group in Marion County had a very successful meeting at Lake Miona Rec Center this evening. Sumter County, in The Villages, has now formed a new group called RDOGS or Responsible Dog Owners South. RDOGS has created a board consisting of Pres., Vice-Pres., Secty. and Treasurer. They will be needing committee chairs to fill vacancies of Program Chairperson, Membership Chairperson, Fund-raising Chairperson and and editor for a local newsletter. RDOGShopes to have their first general meeting towards the end of June. The primary focus of RDOGS is to find a suitable area within The Villages to create a dog park for the use of its' residents to socialize their dogs. Look to this forum and local newspapers for further information.
Old 05-21-2009, 08:54 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Responsible Dog Owners View Post
Great news for all dog owners in Sumter County. The Responsible Dog Owners Group in Marion County had a very successful meeting at Lake Miona Rec Center this evening. Sumter County, in The Villages, has now formed a new group called RDOGS or Responsible Dog Owners South. RDOGS has created a board consisting of Pres., Vice-Pres., Secty. and Treasurer. They will be needing committee chairs to fill vacancies of Program Chairperson, Membership Chairperson, Fund-raising Chairperson and and editor for a local newsletter. RDOGShopes to have their first general meeting towards the end of June. The primary focus of RDOGS is to find a suitable area within The Villages to create a dog park for the use of its' residents to socialize their dogs. Look to this forum and local newspapers for further information.
Good news indeed. I wish I were there to volunteer .. I will volunteer when we return in October. Thanks for all your hard work.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.