Please help find me

Old 06-22-2009, 09:35 AM
Default Please help find me

REWARD OF $300.00 FOR THE SAFE RETURN OF GIANNA
The Villages Florida

My name is Gianna. I was last seen at Ashley Meadows Golf Course, Hole #1 of Nancy Lopez Golf Course on Sunday evening (11:30PM) I am wearing a grey reflective collar with a 6 ft. black leash. I am black (Seal) & White..I weigh 6 lbs. and I'm very shy. PLEASE CALL RESPONSIBLE DOG OWNERS GROUP AT 750-1627 with any information.

Last edited by Responsible Dog Owners; 06-25-2009 at 10:41 AM. Reason: Add Photo
Old 06-22-2009, 06:21 PM
Soaring Eagle member

My concern is the leash. I would certainly walk through any wooded areas where she could be stuck. She may not bark if she is a shy fearful dog. It is a sad situation in this heat. Also, the other dog may be a help in finding her. My prayers are with her. Please let us know when they find her.
Old 06-22-2009, 06:27 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by duffysmom View Post
My concern is the leash. I would certainly walk through any wooded areas where she could be stuck. She may not bark if she is a shy fearful dog. It is a sad situation in this heat. Also, the other dog may be a help in finding her. My prayers are with her. Please let us know when they find her.
That is an excellent idea!! I am praying that they find her soon!!
Old 06-22-2009, 10:03 PM
Default Lost Italian Greyhound

Thank you for your concerns- She does not respond to a name . he fact of her collar and leash are important as she would not be missed. Neighbors have searched Holes 1,9 and 8 of Lopez- Ashley Meadows.

She was running South from Green #1 Ashley towards Buena Vista- It was so dark and she is so small she could not be seen. Hopefully, your concerned effort may find her for us. Thank You

Steve & Joan
Old 06-23-2009, 06:27 AM
Veteran member
Default Any luck yet?

I have been trying to come up with ideas, since I feel useless and cant help being STUCK UP HERE IN NY.
I am sure you have already thought of this, but I was wondering if you put posters up in all the offices of the golf courses, and all the post offices...heck put them everywhere for that matter. Eventho she disappeared on that one golf course, they can travel alot of territory, so she may be wandering around other golf courses by now? .
Does she have favorite things that attract her to run to you when you are playing? Such as...my goldens can be way outside in the yard, and I keep their biscuites in a tin can, and as soon as I jiggle the can they come flying to me. Just a silly thought. Well...I am rattling on, so good luck, I sure hope you find her today!!!
Jeanne
Old 06-23-2009, 07:18 AM
Platinum member
Default Call The Radio Station

WVLG 640 AM The Villages radio station. I've heard lost dog reports on here before. This is their business phone but you may be able to contact an on air person. We're hoping for the best.

352-750-9854

Last edited by F16 1UB; 06-23-2009 at 07:30 AM.
Old 06-23-2009, 08:56 AM

I too have been trying to think of ideas, but can't seem to come up with anything other than what has been posted already. Do you think something like a search party with everyone branching out from a specific starting point to cover an entire area? Not sure if you've already covered most of the territory but I'm willing to volunteer. Let me know and please keep everyone uo to date.

Tom
Old 06-23-2009, 09:43 AM
Dancing Thyme

If a search party has not already performed a search, I'll volunteer also. It should be done quickly and every square foot of the area searched by foot. I don't have to tell you, in this heat, this is a very difficult time for a little dog. Please pm me if you need another volunteer.

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Old 06-23-2009, 09:51 AM
Sage

This may sound ridiculous, but when our pets safety is at stake, I would try anything!

Could you get the police to track BY SCENT with their canine unit? There is nothing like the powerful scent of a dogs nose. Using Bloodhounds or German shephards after smelling your dogs bed or other articles may just work!

I have done this before with my tiny poodle when she is off somewhere on the property. I let my hound find her for me. Most of the time, it does work!

There is no difficulty on earth that enough love will not conquer.
Old 06-23-2009, 11:33 AM
Sage

If you have exhausted all efforts and still have not found your dog , I know of an excellent psychic in The Villages who has worked with the police in the past to help find lost children.

Please pm me and I will give you her name. Wishing you the best of luck with your search, I know what your going thru.

There is no difficulty on earth that enough love will not conquer.
Old 06-23-2009, 06:03 PM

To all concerned Thank you- Here is what's been done to date:
For your information-
1. Marion County Sheriff notified with flyer
2. All postal stations in Briar meadow flyer ed last night.
3. Marion County Fire- substation and Villages Fire Bellemeade notified.
4. Village Watch notified & flyer ed.
5. One Source ( golf maintenance flyer ed)
6. Nancy Lopez & Glenview pro shops flyer ed.
7. Radio station VNN notified & George aired it several times this morning,
8. Mulberry Pickle ball & Sports pool flyer ed
9. I and 3 neighbors have walked Hole 1, 9, 8 last night & this morning.
10. Sanitation on Bellemeade given flyers this AM.
11. Meter reader given flyer as well as several habitual early AM dog walkers.
12. Marion County Republican Party The Villages members sent e-mail flyer last night as well as others..
13. Have requested posts on J-Max and VlgsClassified.
14. Daily Sun to post Tuesday 6/23 I think.
15. Have visited Marion County Animal Control to check if any pickups made & Posted at their facilty.
16. Lady Lake Police Dept Not interested -to far away.
17. Posted on Ocala4sale.com
18. Searched all bushes & areas surounding Nancy Lopez Country Club again today to see if she slipped her leash.

Any suggestions or help is welcome. Thank you again
Old 06-23-2009, 06:36 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Responsible Dog Owners View Post
The Villages Florida

My name is Gianna. I was last seen at Ashley Meadows Golf Course, Hole #1 of Nancy Lopez Golf Course on Sunday evening (11:30PM) I am wearing a grey reflective collar with a 6 ft. black leash. I am black (Seal) & White..I weigh 6 lbs. and I'm very shy. PLEASE CALL RESPONSIBLE DOG OWNERS GROUP AT 750-1627 with any information.
Any Luck yet???
Old 06-24-2009, 04:02 AM
Default Lost Italian Greyhound - Gianna

5:00am 6/23 update to those concerned. No word yet on the lost little pup Gianna
Old 06-24-2009, 04:16 AM
Default Picture of Lost Italian Greyhound -Gianna

There is a picture of the lost dog on this website under Gianna.

http://www.districtgov.org/petfinder/petsearch.aspx
Old 06-24-2009, 07:07 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl
Default Someone may be keeping her.

I have a terrible feeling that someone has found Gianna and is keeping her, for at least the time being, until their concience overcomes them. I think anyone with courage should approach anyone with an Italian greyhound and just ask a few "innocent" questions. The breed is relatively rare. If you have a phone camera, snap a picture and post it here.

Could you post more pictures here on TOTV? The administrators can help you post them within the post. Does she have any special markings??? Johnny M has a full size grayhound and she has some color spotting that is quite unique. Johnny? Are you reading this? Keep your eye out for this little dog on a leash somewhere.

Wish I were there. I would hound the place with a camera.

Last edited by graciegirl; 06-24-2009 at 07:11 AM.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.