Realtor?

Closed Thread
Old 04-05-2014, 05:00 PM
Default Realtor?

I know I read a recent post about who others have used as a realtor and there was a name that came up in a few posts that I cannot find now. I believe it was a male and someone who hosts social events for his previous clients. I am interested in that person's name (not because of the social event) but because his name was mentioned a few times and it seems he goes the extra mile. We have worked briefly with someone who we feel is not someone who would do that. Or if someone feels their realtor worked hard for them, I would appreciate their name. This is key because we could be purchasing our home from Chicago so we need the extra help so we can start livin' the dream ASAP. Thanks.
Old 04-05-2014, 05:31 PM
Veteran member

Was it Glenn (I think) Adams? His wife, Crystal, sells new homes in The Villages. She and her husband host a yearly event. We have nothing but good things to say about Crystal and I think her husbands name is Glenn and he does sell real estate.

I'd be happy to give you Crystal's contact info if you'd like.
Old 04-05-2014, 05:38 PM
Location: Village of Hillsborough. (Past) Gilbertsvile, PA and Philadelphia, PA

Was it Nitin Khirbat? He was our realtor. Also held a red carpet event for his previous clients. He truly listens to your needs and does his best to meet them. 352-874-6373.
Old 04-05-2014, 05:46 PM

Yes, OBXnana, I would like that info and thanks cobh521. I have taken note of both and will give them a call. I remember one of the realtor's mentioned in a previous post had gone to a home and taken many many pics and then sent them to his clients. That is the kind of realtor I want on my side!
Old 04-05-2014, 06:53 PM

Crystal Adams did an amazing job for us from the first time we met her and all through the sale of our home and helping us with movers to the closing here. Our move could not have gone any smoother.
Old 04-05-2014, 07:03 PM
Platinum member

Had Crystal when I purchased and Glenn when I sold. Both are true professionals, caring, attentive and made both transactions as pleasant as can be. Will use them again.
Old 04-05-2014, 08:50 PM
Gold member

Could be Jason Kranz. If you think so - let me know here or pm me
Old 04-05-2014, 09:14 PM

I recommend Lennie Berger-honest and trustworthy. Bought 2 house with him and am very pleased!
Old 04-05-2014, 10:00 PM
Platinum member

I think you mean Tony Trussler. We had him and he was wonderful. Has a gala for his customers every year. This year it was at Seabreeze with caterer, Suzie Casta singing and open bar. He had a photographer send pix weekly so we could watch progress on our home and he was very accommodating. Just a really nice guy! 352-753-2270 or Tony.Trussler@TheVillages.com or 1-800-346-4556
Old 04-06-2014, 04:24 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Just as a point of information for all the Village people:

The word Realtor is always capitalized because it is a registered trademark of the National Association of Realtors (just like Pepsi, Kenmore, Birds Eye, etc.).

The agents in The Villages are NOT Realtors. They cannot belong to the Natl. Assn. of Realtors because they do not belong to any Board of Realtors. They cannot subscribe to the MLS System and do not have to abide to the the Code of Ethics.
Old 04-06-2014, 05:13 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonanza View Post
Just as a point of information for all the Village people:

The word Realtor is always capitalized because it is a registered trademark of the National Association of Realtors (just like Pepsi, Kenmore, Birds Eye, etc.).

The agents in The Villages are NOT Realtors. They cannot belong to the Natl. Assn. of Realtors because they do not belong to any Board of Realtors. They cannot subscribe to the MLS System and do not have to abide to the the Code of Ethics.

BUT....these lovely folks are not unethical and can be trusted. We used Jim McLaughlin twice. We like him because we don't like someone HOUNDING us. He is a helpful friend and he assisted us with a new built home and building our second one. He and his wife are living in their fifth home in The Villages.

Most of us will say that the sales representatives from The Villages don't PUSH you, they help you. I have dealt with many Realtors over time that were very aggressive. I hate that.
Old 04-06-2014, 10:42 AM

TRUST ME from personal experience in using the Villages to "sell" our preowned.....IT IS A CONFLICT OF INTEREST for the Villages to be selling preowned.......IF you are planning on selling your property use a REALTOR who's code of ethics is governed by the NATIONAL ASSOCIATION BOARD OF REALTORS not the Developer's profit!!
Old 04-06-2014, 11:48 AM
Send a message via AIM to jim1941

Also, The Villages VCDD trucks steal their competitors OPEN HOUSE signs.

I met a woman from Realty Executives who goes dumpster diving once a month to get her signs back.
Old 04-06-2014, 12:13 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim1941 View Post
Also, The Villages VCDD trucks steal their competitors OPEN HOUSE signs.

I met a woman from Realty Executives who goes dumpster diving once a month to get her signs back.
Wow, that's quite a statement.......for real???
Old 04-06-2014, 07:01 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
BUT....these lovely folks are not unethical and can be trusted. We used Jim McLaughlin twice. We like him because we don't like someone HOUNDING us. He is a helpful friend and he assisted us with a new built home and building our second one. He and his wife are living in their fifth home in The Villages.

Most of us will say that the sales representatives from The Villages don't PUSH you, they help you. I have dealt with many Realtors over time that were very aggressive. I hate that.
Gracie -- I would not even intimate that any Villages agents are unethical.
Our agent, Justin Wilson, was terrific.

But what I am saying is, if an agent is a Realtor,
there are certain guidelines they must adhere to.
They can lose their license much more easily if they don't adhere to the
rules and regulations as set by the National Assn. of Realtors.

Let's put if this way . . .
Realtors have to answer to a higher power!

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.