Amerikanos Grille

Closed Thread
Old 09-17-2016, 02:59 PM

We ate there last week. Small but nice interior. The ladies room was completely overhauled but still a one "holer". But at least it is CLEAN! The place was packed for lunch but service was pretty quick. I had the grilled chicken blt which was THE best grilled chicken sandwich I have ever had. Fries were good too. We will be back for sure.
Old 09-17-2016, 08:29 PM

When there last weekend. Good service. Good food. Not too expensive, particularly if you don't have alcohol. But as stated above the menu is very limited and not very much Greek.
Old 11-04-2016, 09:18 AM

A had their gyro on Sunday evening and enjoyed it so much, I went back again on Wednesday. I will definitely go back!

Dan
Natick, MA
Village of Buttonwood 1/12/11
Old 11-04-2016, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spring_chicken View Post
Went there this afternoon and thought I'd give my opinion.
As I said in another thread, there is no happy hour. A pint of Bud Light draft was $3. Mich Ultra is $3..50.
Service was very good.
The menu is VERY limited. 5 or 6 appetizer choices, 4 sandwiches,
4 burgers, 3 salads, and 6 entree choices.
The Reuben was not even close to Too Jays. The wings were very good (I had garlic feta).
The service was excellent.
The worst thing about the place is that they still just have that 1 seater bathroom which is way too inadequate for a restaurant that size. There was a line to get in the ladies room at 4 pm. I can't imagine what that will be like during snowbird season!
A couple of comments:

The Gyro is OK but could be much better if it contained lots more and better seasoned Taztziki sauce and a whole lot more lettuce and tomato. It's most redeeming value is it had lots of meat in it.

The biggest problem is seating. Too many tables pushed together so if you are a party of two you could be seated at two tables for two that are pushed together. They will then sit strangers with you without asking if you mind. Some people simply won't tolerate that. They could simply fix this by removing a few tables and making either tables for two or four.
Old 11-04-2016, 03:54 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by alancusa View Post
A couple of comments:

The Gyro is OK but could be much better if it contained lots more and better seasoned Taztziki sauce and a whole lot more lettuce and tomato. It's most redeeming value is it had lots of meat in it.

The biggest problem is seating. Too many tables pushed together so if you are a party of two you could be seated at two tables for two that are pushed together. They will then sit strangers with you without asking if you mind. Some people simply won't tolerate that. They could simply fix this by removing a few tables and making either tables for two or four.
What was management's response to your idea?
Old 11-04-2016, 04:40 PM
Sage

We've had breakfast there about 4 times and you couldn't ask for a better breakfast not to mention almost more than you can eat. We like sitting outside in this great weather enjoying the view.
Old 11-05-2016, 06:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
What was management's response to your idea?
If they were really astute they would read posts like this and respond to all of us. Yes I know, why didn't I speak to the Manager? Simple answer is that any time in the past that I've taken the trouble to do that I almost universally find an I don't care attitude and implication that if you don't like it, don't come back. Worst ever example of that was at Hemingways. Others like the new Oasis Pool Bar and Glenview (previous management) were pretty close to the same attitude.

So there, now please don't tell me, why didn't you speak to the Manager.
Old 11-05-2016, 10:11 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alancusa View Post
If they were really astute they would read posts like this and respond to all of us. Yes I know, why didn't I speak to the Manager? Simple answer is that any time in the past that I've taken the trouble to do that I almost universally find an I don't care attitude and implication that if you don't like it, don't come back. Worst ever example of that was at Hemingways. Others like the new Oasis Pool Bar and Glenview (previous management) were pretty close to the same attitude.

So there, now please don't tell me, why didn't you speak to the Manager.
Still dont know why you did not speak to the manager /Owner ?? Your comparing with a broad brush your experiences at What happened at the other places and those experiences have NO relevance in discussing your concerns with management at this resturant. This is a relatively new place and they are trying to work out the bugs. Seating is tight but no more so than many cruise ships. Outside seating has more room to spread out. However, we actually enjoyed sharing comments with adjecent tables about this place (which were all positive compared to the previous owners). I guess it depends upon who you are sitting next to or moreso how open you are to talk to other people.
Definietly will return!!
Old 11-05-2016, 10:50 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Tags
choices, good, jays, wings, thing

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.