Arnold Palmer has lost it

Closed Thread
Old 03-17-2016, 06:27 AM
Sage
Default Arnold Palmer has lost it

Went to Arnold Palmer yesterday before going to the Savannah to see Rigoletto.
Had 3 bar persons, whom we had never seen before-ordered & received our 2 Grey Goose Martin's-no-one came to us and after 15 minutes, we had to ask for menus-another 15 minutes n-one came by -asked for check and bailed

Went to Honest John's-had great service and a great time--

If bar owners want to see a great bar tender -go to Hemingway's, see Whitney in action--she is without doubt the best par person in the Villages
Hemingway's has the best high end vodka & gin in the Villages--Chopin vodka & Nolet gin--and they have happy hour prices on these

Also Whitney makes her own home brew bitters- for you Manhattan & Old Fashion devotee's

Last edited by Chatbrat; 03-17-2016 at 07:41 AM.
Old 03-17-2016, 06:32 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,107 Times in 1,339 Posts

That is a shame...on them....
Old 03-17-2016, 08:13 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,506 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbrat View Post
Went to Arnold Palmer yesterday before going to the Savannah to see Rigoletto.
Had 3 bar persons, whom we had never seen before-ordered & received our 2 Grey Goose Martin's-no-one came to us and after 15 minutes, we had to ask for menus-another 15 minutes n-one came by -asked for check and bailed

Went to Honest John's-had great service and a great time--

If bar owners want to see a great bar tender -go to Hemingway's, see Whitney in action--she is without doubt the best par person in the Villages
Hemingway's has the best high end vodka & gin in the Villages--Chopin vodka & Nolet gin--and they have happy hour prices on these

Also Whitney makes her own home brew bitters- for you Manhattan & Old Fashion devotee's

You have such refined taste. Are you from New York?

Last edited by graciegirl; 03-17-2016 at 08:19 AM.
Old 03-17-2016, 08:22 AM
Sage

Refined tastes come with awareness,education and exposure to good things

When I had my own business I worked 14 years without a day off- learned all I now enjoy.

Also living in suburban NJ (Chatham), with proximity to NYC--you learned to appreciate the finer things-I'm so blessed that we can now afford any and all things.

Some people have a degree of jealousy-they could have the finer things today if they made smarter decisions in their youth.
Old 03-17-2016, 08:28 AM
Sage

Quote:
Refined tastes come with awareness,education and exposure to good things

When I had my own business I worked 14 years without a day off- learned all I now enjoy.

Also living in suburban NJ (Chatham), with proximity to NYC--you learned to appreciate the finer things-I'm so blessed that we can now afford any and all things.

Some people have a degree of jealousy-they could have the finer things today if they made smarter decisions in their youth.

I understand. But I am happy with what I have. But I look up to the educated and those with finer things. We folks from Ohio try to do our best.
Old 03-17-2016, 08:35 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

I hope this was just a bad day for them. I do enjoy the bar at Palmer
Old 03-17-2016, 08:37 AM

If you think looking at high priced vodka & gin is high end your looking at the wrong end!
Old 03-17-2016, 08:44 AM
Sage

I do enjoy my single malts-and super cognac's--but there is nowhere that has them available the Villages
AN & The Umstead in Cary NC-which were in walking distance from where we lived were magnificent--

An was pan-Asian & the bar food @ the Umstead was unbelievable

look @ their menu's & get ready for a Pavlovian reaction
cognac's in Baccarat crystal--
Old 03-17-2016, 08:54 AM
Sage

Quote:
I do enjoy my single malts-and super cognac's--but there is nowhere that has them available the Villages
AN & The Umstead in Cary NC-which were in walking distance from where we lived were magnificent--

An was pan-Asian & the bar food @ the Umstead was unbelievable

look @ their menu's & get ready for a Pavlovian reaction
cognac's in Baccarat crystal--

Imagine that. Baccarat crystal. sigh.

The Villages Florida
Old 03-17-2016, 09:24 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I understand. But I am happy with what I have. But I look up to the educated and those with finer things. We folks from Ohio try to do our best.
You will be happy to know not everyone from the Chatham N.J. area has been influenced by the material finer things in life. I am from Florham Park N.J. and we are 5 minutes further away from Manhattan than Chatham. My name is Jethro and we are gifted by health, community and family and love of country and silly things like that. We are people who drive a Ford because we can't remember how to spell them fancy car names and don't worry about them fancy drive a quarter of a mile on your roof tricks like them fancy schmancy vehicles do. We r not clear on weather we can move 2 The Villages unless we is high class city slickers? As a family we attends night school to try to improve to our neighbors standards. Anyway we folks from Morris County N.J. try to do our best also. Maybe one day we can fit in too. One last thing. We stopped drinking the finer top shelf liquor about 22 years ago because the top shelf became the bottom shelf and since then have been very happy people.
Old 03-17-2016, 11:04 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
You will be happy to know not everyone from the Chatham N.J. area has been influenced by the material finer things in life. I am from Florham Park N.J. and we are 5 minutes further away from Manhattan than Chatham. My name is Jethro and we are gifted by health, community and family and love of country and silly things like that. We are people who drive a Ford because we can't remember how to spell them fancy car names and don't worry about them fancy drive a quarter of a mile on your roof tricks like them fancy schmancy vehicles do. We r not clear on weather we can move 2 The Villages unless we is high class city slickers? As a family we attends night school to try to improve to our neighbors standards. Anyway we folks from Morris County N.J. try to do our best also. Maybe one day we can fit in too. One last thing. We stopped drinking the finer top shelf liquor about 22 years ago because the top shelf became the bottom shelf and since then have been very happy people.

I looked up Chatham, NJ and it said on Wikipedia that it was less than then ten thousand in total population and per capita income was about 120k average? And less than one percent at the poverty level? Is that right? Wow.
Old 03-17-2016, 12:44 PM
Sage

Look @ chatham real estate for sale on Zillow--then you can really say WOW !!!
Old 03-17-2016, 01:55 PM
Veteran member

One thing I absolutely LOVE about the villages is the lack of classism and snobbery. MOST do not care how much you made in your former life, how many square feet are in your house, what kind of car you drive... MOST. I feel sorry for the few who boast so freely, as they are obviously compensating for something.
My daddy always says "when someone wants to brag about how much they make, you can usually cut the figure in half and get closer to the truth."
Old 03-17-2016, 02:00 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,742 Times in 703 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
You have such refined taste. Are you from New York?
What does refined taste have to do with the ability to recognize bad service? As much as you love The Villages, its not always the Shangri-La you envision.
Old 03-17-2016, 02:13 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spring_chicken View Post
One thing I absolutely LOVE about the villages is the lack of classism and snobbery. MOST do not care how much you made in your former life, how many square feet are in your house, what kind of car you drive... MOST. I feel sorry for the few who boast so freely, as they are obviously compensating for something.
My daddy always says "when someone wants to brag about how much they make, you can usually cut the figure in half and get closer to the truth."
Yep, I agree !! I don't care what anyone has or how much money they have.
One of the least attractive traits a person can have is bragging about what they have.
We all spend our money different. What we spend it on has no bearing on what we have, how much we have or the amount of class we have.
I'm just happy living a good life and being surrounded by some of the best friends ever.

Tags
great, bar, minutes, arnold, palmer, johns-had, doubt, par, villages, check, bailed, honest, service, person, asked, hemingways, witney, tender, time--, owners, action--she, rigoletto, savannah, persons, lost

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.