Arnold Palmer restaurant

Closed Thread
Old 07-22-2014, 07:45 AM
Gold member

I agree that it is not unheard of to occasionally have a bad restaurant experience, but when you have multiple bad experiences at the same establishment, this points to bigger issues. Like many Villagers, we eat out out a lot, 4-5 times a week, and I think that sometimes our expectations can get a little skewed if it isn't exactly what we want. We have not had a bad experience at Palmer (other than a very long wait one Friday night in season...go figure)

"I wish I didn't know now, what I didn't know then"
-Bob Seger-
Old 07-22-2014, 09:58 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,478 Times in 711 Posts

A couple of times I when i took out of town guests to Palmer's there were issues. One time it was steak and lobster and the other time it was steak and shrimp. Both times the meal was fine except for the seafood items. They were cooked way too long. It was really disappointing, because we had just moved to The Villages and how better to show off than Arnold Palmer Legends Country Club. I still like Palmer's but as a steak place, as it has the perfect atmosphere to enjoy some red meat and a glass of wine.
Old 07-22-2014, 04:04 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonH57 View Post
Their Lobster Bisque is the best I've had.
If you like their Lobster Bisque (which is very good), try the Seafood Bisque at Lighthouse. Fantastic... I believe it's now a Wednesday special. It was off the menu for awhile but was brought back by popular demand.
Netherlands, California, Quebec, California, Texas, Turkey, Minnesota, Panama Canal, California, Illinois, Turkey, Maryland, Germany, Florida, New Mexico, The Village of Amelia and now The Village of Hacienda East.
Old 07-22-2014, 04:16 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to DonH57

Quote:
Originally Posted by logdog View Post
If you like their Lobster Bisque (which is very good), try the Seafood Bisque at Lighthouse. Fantastic... I believe it's now a Wednesday special. It was off the menu for awhile but was brought back by popular demand.
I've had the shrimp and grits at Lighthouse, Havana, and Eaton's Beach. All very good. Wish Palmer had it to.
Old 07-22-2014, 05:12 PM
Email Reported As Spam

The Arnold Palmer Restaurant is an under performer. Had dinner there 3 times and both my wife I were disappointed and my wife never complains.

I defend my right to express my opinion. I respect the opinion of others and would appreciate a reciprocal. I wish my comments could have been otherwise. Please don't shoot the messenger.

If the consensus of this membership is that we only pass along positive comments and refrain from the reality of failures by restaurants, contractors medical providers, etc then I'll support that effort. However it will many people at a disadvantage.
Old 07-22-2014, 05:20 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
The Arnold Palmer Restaurant is an under performer. Had dinner there 3 times and both my wife I were disappointed and my wife never complains.

I defend my right to express my opinion. I respect the opinion of others and would appreciate a reciprocal. I wish my comments could have been otherwise. Please don't shoot the messenger.

If the consensus of this membership is that we only pass along positive comments and refrain from the reality of failures by restaurants, contractors medical providers, etc then I'll support that effort. However it will many people at a disadvantage.
Who said the consensus of the membership is that we only pass along positive comments? There was only one poster on this thread that I recall calling out others for negative reviews. The rest were explaining their personal experiences, positive and negative, or saying why not give it another chance.

I think this has been a very beneficial thread, and I don't see much that is abusive.
Old 07-22-2014, 05:58 PM
Eternal Member

We never eat at Palmer. We used to go there years ago, but I find them very inconsistent. It wasn't that they were so bad, there were just better places to go.
Old 07-23-2014, 01:52 PM
Email Reported As Spam

Bonny, you know our restaurants and so I pay attention to your critics.

I referred to Palmer's as an under performer because it promotes itself as a cut above the rest in this area and they have not simply delivered and that is a product of expectations
Old 07-23-2014, 02:01 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
Bonny, you know our restaurants and so I pay attention to your critics.

I referred to Palmer's as an under performer because it promotes itself as a cut above the rest in this area and they have not simply delivered and that is a product of expectations
I agree. It's not that it's bad, it's just I've had better.
Old 07-23-2014, 04:00 PM
Platinum member

I agree with Bonny. We love to go to Palmer and we love the service but the food prep is inconsistent.
Nancy
Old 07-23-2014, 06:27 PM

Almost all my out of town guests love Palmer's . We do too.
Old 07-23-2014, 06:55 PM
Veteran member

when it comes to food and restaurants,trust Bonny
Old 07-23-2014, 07:26 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatherer47 View Post
when it comes to food and restaurants,trust Bonny

Bonny is one smart cookie and really beautiful. She can't help it.
Old 07-23-2014, 09:27 PM
Eternal Member

Aw, I love you guys !! I just try to be fair in my comments. There are restaurants I have never been to, but I still want them to do good because other people like them. It's so awesome that we have good choices for everyone !!

Last edited by Bonny; 07-24-2014 at 05:49 AM.
Old 07-23-2014, 09:33 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonny View Post
Aw, I love you guys !! I just try to be fair in my comments. There are are restaurants I have never been to, but I still want them to do good because other people like them. It's so awesome that we have good choices for everyone !!
I may have to go with you for the tapas! My husband hates to graze... wants a plate full of dinner all at once and not several little things. I have to drag him to tapas when it's my birthday or mother's day and he can't refuse!

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.