Athena Diner

Closed Thread
Old 07-28-2016, 12:33 PM
Sage
Default Athena Diner

Has anyone tried the new Athena Diner, located on 441 at Griffin View Road?
Ecclesiasites 3:12
Old 07-30-2016, 08:11 PM
Default Athena NY Diner

Yes, we have been there 3 times, including opening night. Twice for dinner and once for breakfast. This place is a beautiful restaurant. Very close to home for us and easy parking. We really like it and the woman who owns it, ELENA is always there making sure everything is perfect.
Old 07-30-2016, 08:38 PM

So glad to hear this.....will watch for more comments. I'm anxious to go there, my birthday is coming up soon!
Old 08-01-2016, 07:09 AM

Went there last night, with a group. Underwhelmed, to say the least. Ambience: zero; service, one good, attentive server, three others were not. The food: I could find nothing fresh on anyone's plate. From canned green beans (veg of the day), to warmed over gyro meat, wilted salad, and an over priced "rib eye" that was fatty and extremely thin. Grape leaves stuffed with a mushy, inedible substance. For my $45 I'll go elsewhere.
Old 08-01-2016, 07:44 AM

I ate there a week after it opened. I thought the food was okay, the service was awful. It took the waitress a half hour to cash out our checks. Greek salad was good, Moussaka was good but served cold. We went in shortly after 6 and left at 8:30. Can't say I would go back.
Old 08-01-2016, 08:37 AM
Veteran member

We were there last Friday. OK but nothing special. Had the meatloaf parm. Good size portion. Very slow service. Bad smell we could not identify.
Old 08-01-2016, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanmcdonald View Post
We were there last Friday. OK but nothing special. Had the meatloaf parm. Good size portion. Very slow service. Bad smell we could not identify.
The smell is Bar B Q from the previous restaurant at that location.
Old 08-02-2016, 08:03 AM
Location: formerly Logan, and Charleston, WV Currently The Village of Pennecamp

I've been there several times and no one in our group has had a bad meal. Service can be a little slow but they just opened and the servers are learning. I am so happy they are back. Love the place and the family who owns it!
Old 08-13-2016, 03:26 PM
Sage

My husband and I went there for lunch. We shared a Greek salad and also shared a gyro with French fries. The salad was large and fresh and the gyro was really good with very hot French fries. We'll go again.
Old 10-14-2016, 09:45 AM

My wife and I tried it for lunch about 2 PM. Good service but the food was not. The Spanakopita we had as an appetizer was still cool in the middle not being properly warmed up. The beef on the " Beef on Weck " was cooked way too long and was beyond well done. The gyros sandwich was passable. I will give them credit for the french fries which were hot and fresh. Might, or might not give it another try, but all in all, not impressed.
Old 10-14-2016, 09:48 AM
Default Athenia Diner

After they scammed me and so many others who had gift cards and never reimbursed us I refuse to even give them a try. Hopefully they will fold and learn you don't treat your loyal customers that way!
Old 10-14-2016, 12:06 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnboy View Post
After they scammed me and so many others who had gift cards and never reimbursed us I refuse to even give them a try. Hopefully they will fold and learn you don't treat your loyal customers that way!
Not the same owners. This is Christopher's father. Long time owner of restaurants up north. Chris (Sr.) has nothing to do with his son, Christopher, who now owns FlapJack Johnny's in Groveland. You can talk to Christopher there.

Skip
Old 10-14-2016, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip View Post
Not the same owners. This is Christopher's father. Long time owner of restaurants up north. Chris (Sr.) has nothing to do with his son, Christopher, who now owns FlapJack Johnny's in Groveland. You can talk to Christopher there.

Skip
Birds of a feather flock together! Making excuses to those of us who got screwed won't work. They were very much a team when they closed up shop in TV and took off with our prepaid money.
Old 10-15-2016, 09:14 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alancusa View Post
Birds of a feather flock together! Making excuses to those of us who got screwed won't work. They were very much a team when they closed up shop in TV and took off with our prepaid money.
I understand many people got their money back by calling Christopher on the phone. But I did not buy any certificates and you're right, it's not a nice thing to do.

Skip
Old 10-15-2016, 09:22 AM

another so-so eatery here, but the fries are good!
Closed Thread

Tags
athena, diner, view, road, griffin

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.