Athens Restaurant

Closed Thread
Old 01-31-2016, 12:58 PM
Default Athens Restaurant

Has anyone received a refund yet on the gift cards they purchased from Athens? The last time I inquired I was told they were waiting until all the requests came in. It has been over 2 months since they closed.
Average minds discuss events.
Small minds discuss people.

Eleanor Roosevelt
Old 01-31-2016, 01:07 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,743 Times in 1,383 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by theorem painter View Post
Has anyone received a refund yet on the gift cards they purchased from Athens? The last time I inquired I was told they were waiting until all the requests came in. It has been over 2 months since they closed.
That is a very nebulous answer since nobody, including Athens, know how many are out there. Most businesses do not track individual gift certs; usually total outstanding dollar amount.

There is no good reason that they would not issue case by case refunds for vaild refunds.....if it is stated somewhere they would do so. Many businesses have not.

You have waited a more than reasonable time. The longer it drags out the less likely to get any refund.
Old 01-31-2016, 01:15 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Chris(topher) and Amber Kitrinos live in Sorrento, FL.
Look them up on the white pages and give them a call (when their other restaurants are closed - evenings).

He might be at Flapjack Johnny's in Groveland (352-557-4845) before 2:30 PM daily.

He's an honest guy. Let us know.

Skip
Old 01-31-2016, 01:56 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,034 Times in 364 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post
That is a very nebulous answer since nobody, including Athens, know how many are out there. Most businesses do not track individual gift certs; usually total outstanding dollar amount.

There is no good reason that they would not issue case by case refunds for vaild refunds.....if it is stated somewhere they would do so. Many businesses have not.

You have waited a more than reasonable time. The longer it drags out the less likely to get any refund.
I agree. No reason to not issue an immediate refund. This is the consumers money in the hands of a merchant.
Old 01-31-2016, 06:55 PM
Send a message via AIM to jim1941

I have sent two separate requests and have yet to get a response. I guess I will have to write it off as a lose.
Old 01-31-2016, 10:33 PM

I just received a response to another email I sent to Athens. They said that the refunds started going out last Thursday and they would check on mine. I won't hold my breath.

Eleanor Roosevelt
Old 02-01-2016, 09:19 AM
Platinum member

Maybe they want to hold onto the money as long as possible hoping people will give up.
Old 02-01-2016, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jima64 View Post
Maybe they want to hold onto the money as long as possible hoping people will give up.
That would be my guess. What makes me mad about this is we bought the card 2 weeks before they closed. You can't tell me that they didn't know they would be closing.

Eleanor Roosevelt
Old 02-02-2016, 05:31 AM
Veteran member
Send a message via MSN to Bryan

We tried calling the phone number for Athens yesterday and it was no longer in service. It had been working in the past, but no refund after lots of nebulous promises. Guess we lost that refund.
Old 02-02-2016, 05:55 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:

Write it off on your 2015 Schedule B as a theft. Pennies on the dollar is better than nothing.
Old 02-02-2016, 06:05 AM
Email Reported As Spam

I know Chris and his reputation has never been in question. It would be beneficial if Chris had an opportunity to respond before he is misjudged

On the other hand I do understand ex-customers concerns as to the ignore stall. God knows we get too much of that from Washington, DC
Old 02-02-2016, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
We tried calling the phone number for Athens yesterday and it was no longer in service. It had been working in the past, but no refund after lots of nebulous promises. Guess we lost that refund.
The return email address that I received from Athens was kithaus@aol.com.

Eleanor Roosevelt
Old 02-02-2016, 07:48 AM

Can you use the gift cards at their other restaurants? Maybe you should find out where they are and take a ride. One of you mentioned Groveland, which isn't very far. Inconvenient, yes, but better than just taking a loss on them.
Old 02-02-2016, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vorage View Post
Can you use the gift cards at their other restaurants? Maybe you should find out where they are and take a ride. One of you mentioned Groveland, which isn't very far. Inconvenient, yes, but better than just taking a loss on them.
I posted that question on their facebook page. The response was that the comment needed to be reviewed by their facebook administrator and that never occurred.

Eleanor Roosevelt
Old 02-02-2016, 10:41 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
I know Chris and his reputation has never been in question. It would be beneficial if Chris had an opportunity to respond before he is misjudged

On the other hand I do understand ex-customers concerns as to the ignore stall. God knows we get too much of that from Washington, DC

Here, here, here, but you have me laughing! (And obviously in agreement) and
Closed Thread

Tags
athens, requests, waiting, closed, months, told, gift, refund, cards, purchased, restaurant, inquired, time, received

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.