Athens Restaurant - Reborn

Closed Thread
Old 06-27-2016, 10:32 PM

FYI, The man who owned Athens in Spanish Springs was Christopher Kitrinos, Jr. Yes these are relatives, however Christopher Sr. & Elena Kitrinos
do not associate with him. He would never be allowed in their restaurant. As far as the old Texas Stockade building goes, I heard that they gutted the place for deep cleaning and redecorating. Seen a few interior pics, beautiful! They say they hope to open early in July.
Old 06-28-2016, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjoyc56 View Post
FYI, The man who owned Athens in Spanish Springs was Christopher Kitrinos, Jr. Yes these are relatives, however Christopher Sr. & Elena Kitrinos
do not associate with him. He would never be allowed in their restaurant. As far as the old Texas Stockade building goes, I heard that they gutted the place for deep cleaning and redecorating. Seen a few interior pics, beautiful! They say they hope to open early in July.
Would love to know your source. One is the Father and the other his son. They were partners in Athens and I would be very surprised if Jr. was not very much involved in the new place. Listing Sr. as the owner could have to do with the fact that Jr. failed to refund virtually all the gift cards that had balances when he closed shop. Sr. was always in the old place and in fact made all of the baked goods. How can you say that Jr. will not be allowed in the new place.
Old 06-28-2016, 09:22 AM
Default Doug's Fish Fry

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
Yep my daughter did her post graduate work in Buffalo and when she visited we provided the beef she provided the kimmelwick. Like the reason for the wick , Anchor Bar also created its buffalo chicken wings in an attempt to get patrons to drink more beer.

Much of Upstate New York ,Rochester and especially Skeanatles and surrounding Skeanatles is famous for its fish fry (deep fried haddock)
Athens comes close to duplicating "Doug's " Fish Fry an enormous piece of deep fried haddock but Doug's is the champion
Headed to the Fingerlakes this week and looking forward to salt potatoes, Skaneateles, and Doug's. We have a house and family (grandkids) about 5 miles from there!
Old 06-28-2016, 10:44 AM

///
Old 06-28-2016, 04:04 PM
Veteran member

Opmoochler, We ought to have a contest on how to pronounce Skaneateles. It could make for some real fun.
Old 06-28-2016, 04:24 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjdees View Post
Opmoochler, We ought to have a contest on how to pronounce Skaneateles. It could make for some real fun.
It's "Skinny Atlas" - a thin book of maps was found there but the settlers couldn't spell.
So there you have it.

By the way, you get your mail via Mail Boat, not Mailman.

Skip
Old 06-28-2016, 04:26 PM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opmoochler View Post
Headed to the Fingerlakes this week and looking forward to salt potatoes, Skaneateles, and Doug's. We have a house and family (grandkids) about 5 miles from there!
Skaneateles lake is spring fed. There was may still be open) a restaurant in Skaneateles called Rosalie's she has passed on but she and her brother were school mates of my brother and me I love Doug's and also Lasca's Italian. wonderful people in that part of the country

Bon appetite
Old 06-28-2016, 04:29 PM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip View Post
It's "Skinny Atlas" - a thin book of maps was found there but the settlers couldn't spell.
So there you have it.

By the way, you get your mail via Mail Boat, not Mailman.

Skip
Well look at you showing off
Old 06-28-2016, 04:41 PM
Email Reported As Spam

As far as I can recollect, based on the magnitude of threads published on this forum about restaurants golf cart accessibility has never been a real issue. people freely travel outside the bubble and beyond to find a good restaurant .

Perhaps I am wrong?
Old 06-28-2016, 08:25 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
As far as I can recollect, based on the magnitude of threads published on this forum about restaurants golf cart accessibility has never been a real issue. people freely travel outside the bubble and beyond to find a good restaurant .

Perhaps I am wrong?
I don't think you are wrong. Look how popular Rae Rae's is. TVers aren't the only ones who frequent restaurants outside the bubble.
Old 06-29-2016, 04:29 AM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
I don't think you are wrong. Look how popular Rae Rae's is. TVers aren't the only ones who frequent restaurants outside the bubble.
Yes. Oakwood is another and many more

Personal Best Regards:
Old 06-29-2016, 11:36 AM
Sage

Quote:
As far as I can recollect, based on the magnitude of threads published on this forum about restaurants golf cart accessibility has never been a real issue. people freely travel outside the bubble and beyond to find a good restaurant.
Is it possible that full-time residents are more willing to travel outside The Bubble?
As Seasonal residents, we are always dazzled by the number of restaurants available by golf cart.
I think it's over 80 restaurants.
Old 06-29-2016, 11:58 AM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
Is it possible that full-time residents are more willing to travel outside The Bubble?
As Seasonal residents, we are always dazzled by the number of restaurants available by golf cart.
I think it's over 80 restaurants.
I would think so. We've been here full time for 16 years. Sometimes it's nice to take a little road trip for something different to eat and some different scenery.
Old 06-29-2016, 02:27 PM
Default Good Restaurants are In and Away from the Villages

We will celebrate our sixth anniversary as full-time residents of TV Saturday. In that time we have eaten at least once in 260 different restaurants not counting fast-food outlets in and within a day trip out and back (average distance 25.9 miles) to the villages. At least 33 of those are now out of business. We have our favorites, as does everyone, and we have a few which have been listed on this thread as favorites by others which we will not patronize again even if invited by our best friends for a free dinner. Everyone has their own life experiences and flavor expectations. Ours have been influenced by living in Thailand, the Philippines, United Kingdom, and Germany for a total of ten years and traveling in many other countries during those years. Stay close if that is your thing and enjoy a number of good restaurants. Venture out occasionally and enjoy many more good meals and an occasional disappointment.
Old 06-29-2016, 03:44 PM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,143 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opmoochler View Post
I'm jealous. Miss Doug's.
Closed Thread

Tags
customers, reimbursement, restaurant, athens, received

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.