Ay! Jalisco Mexican Restaurant

Closed Thread
Old 04-04-2015, 11:41 AM
Veteran member

Was good when it first opened. It is terrible now, and they couldn't care less.
Old 04-04-2015, 11:44 AM
Eternal Member

My goodness, this thread is 5 years old !!
Old 04-04-2015, 12:40 PM
Default Consistently good

Disagree with bilcon. Was there a week ago and found the usual good food and service. Well worth a visit. Nice atmosphere.
Old 04-11-2015, 01:21 PM

went for a late lunch on Sunday, service was very poor and also was the food had to wait 15 mins for a table no one at the front desk, he was outside talking on his phone
Old 04-12-2015, 04:38 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy-Guy View Post
Ay! Jalisco Mexican Restaurant is now open at 1152 Main St in Spanish Springs. We ate there tonight and will go back. Ate at the bar and service was ok and food was very good. Just my opinion. Worth the try!
I started this thread back in November of 2009. I had been a regular customer of Ay! Jalisco for over five years. I usually would eat lunch there once or twice a week and when friends would visit I would take them to dine there.

A couple of months ago was my last visit there. When I was there for lunch I was told that since I only order a side order burrito and diet coke that they would have to charge me for chips and salsa. I said you do know that I have been coming here for many years and was told yes they were aware that I had been coming there for a long time. Not even a we appreciate your business. In fact I felt that they acted like I have been taking advantage of them by doing business with them.

My bill for the side order burrito and diet coke with chips and salsa was around $6.80. More times than not I would leave a $10.00 bill. I would order the side order burrito and diet coke because that was plenty of food for me for lunch not because of the price. I eat lunch out about 5 times a week and yes that is the least I spend but again that is plenty for me to eat.

Recently I also found that the meat used in the burrito was very bland and not as spicy as it had been for a long time which is the main reason I would drive there rather than go to the Mexican restaurant at Colony which is much closer to my home.

I hope El Ranchito in Lady Lake and Leesburg appreciate my business more.
Old 04-13-2015, 07:18 AM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy-Guy View Post
I started this thread back in November of 2009. I had been a regular customer of Ay! Jalisco for over five years. I usually would eat lunch there once or twice a week and when friends would visit I would take them to dine there.

A couple of months ago was my last visit there. When I was there for lunch I was told that since I only order a side order burrito and diet coke that they would have to charge me for chips and salsa. I said you do know that I have been coming here for many years and was told yes they were aware that I had been coming there for a long time. Not even a we appreciate your business. In fact I felt that they acted like I have been taking advantage of them by doing business with them.

My bill for the side order burrito and diet coke with chips and salsa was around $6.80. More times than not I would leave a $10.00 bill. I would order the side order burrito and diet coke because that was plenty of food for me for lunch not because of the price. I eat lunch out about 5 times a week and yes that is the least I spend but again that is plenty for me to eat.

Recently I also found that the meat used in the burrito was very bland and not as spicy as it had been for a long time which is the main reason I would drive there rather than go to the Mexican restaurant at Colony which is much closer to my home.

I hope El Ranchito in Lady Lake and Leesburg appreciate my business more.
So you quit going here because they no longer appreciate you and give you free chips and salsa on the big lunch bill of a whole $6.80.
Old 04-13-2015, 11:02 AM
Platinum member

I think chips and salsa should be offered, even if just sitting at the bar having a drink. I thought that was just fairly normal when going to a Mexican resturant. Guess I'm behind the times.
Old 04-13-2015, 11:41 AM

I agree with gerryann, especially for a repeat loyal customer.
Old 04-13-2015, 01:11 PM

If it's not FREE, Villagers will not come! I feel a demerit in my future! I happen to like Ay Jalisco and won't mind a nominal fee for chips and salsa.
Old 04-14-2015, 03:59 PM

I've eaten there many times and always enjoyed the food. My bills were well over $6.50, so I would never have experienced this. I do think, that the restaurant should have acknowledged her patronage over the years.
Old 04-14-2015, 10:17 PM
Platinum member
Send a message via Skype™ to SALYBOW

Since Mexican food is one of the foods I can tolerate (g0 figure,) I eat there often. I always get chips and MILD Salsa (I request it) I only order a side order and a drink and have never been treated rudely or charged extra. Having a grand daughter and a Son who are putting themselves through school as servers, I always tip generously.

When God made me he said Ta Da!
Old 07-09-2015, 09:12 AM
Veteran member
Default Good Bye Ay!

Ate there several times, but it only gets worse. Sorry! Food was cold, service was lousy. Try the Mexican Restaurant at Colony Plaza. Much better.
Old 02-03-2016, 05:27 PM
Send a message via Yahoo to Happygal7

I was there this week for the first time. The price was right, less than $7.00, so how can you complain about anything at that price. But if I was not price conscious, I would say that the salsa was watered down, as well as the refried beans. It is a great meal for the price though.
Old 02-03-2016, 06:30 PM

If you really want Mexican Food go to Abuelos in Orlando. About 50 miles.
Old 02-03-2016, 08:38 PM
Veteran member

Gave them 3 tries, horrible service every time. Twice, I left before being waited on because I'd been there 20 minutes without service.
I go to El Ranchito once or twice a month, and FYI, there are numerous items on the lunch menu that are in the $5-6 range and all come with chips and salsa. I order a la carte because I don't like beans or mexican rice. Never been denied my chips and salsa.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.