Ay! Jalisco Mexican Restaurant

Closed Thread
Old 11-10-2009, 10:12 AM
Platinum member

We dined there last night. Food was good, but they must improve on their service. I'm still not sure who our waiter / waitress was. I always give a new restaurant a few tries before I write it off. I heard the table next to us complaining among-est themselves, "were not coming back". It opened Saturday, give em a break!!!!!!
Old 11-10-2009, 10:36 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfn8tly View Post
... If you are expecting authentic Mexican or even TexMex food in The Villages you will be disappointed. . .
I think that's true for most of the East coast. . .
But with plenty of Mexican beer and margaritas, who cares?
Bossier City, Louisiana
Salt Lake City & Ogden, Utah
The Villages, Florida
Old 11-10-2009, 10:40 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by golf2140 View Post

We dined there last night. Food was good, but they must improve on their service. I heard the table next to us complaining among-est themselves, "were not coming back". It opened Saturday, give em a break!!!!!!
In my humble opinion, opening prematurely is a mistake. It isn't an excuse for poorly-trained staff.

Hopefully they'll work their problems out and the restaurent will be a success.
Old 11-10-2009, 11:06 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonny View Post
A few years ago they had a Mexican restaurant where Seafood Galley is. They
didn't have tacos or anything. No Tex Mex type of food. They said they were a true Mexican restaurant. It really wasn't good at all. Well alot of you know, they didn't last long.
Okay, Taco Bell, here I come. LOL
Perhaps I didn't get enough sleep last night. Would you mind explaining how this is at all relevant to the topic of this Thread, namely the opening of the new Restaurant "Ay! Jalisco"?
Old 11-10-2009, 06:59 PM

I had lunch there today with a coworker and it was good yet again. The chips/salsa arrived right after we were seated. Our waiter was prompt and polite. I mentioned we were on our lunch hour and our food arrived in a very timely manner. I had the shredded beef chimi - it was hot, tasty, and was only $5.95. When you think that our lunch included the free chips/salsa (which I think has a nice bite to it) beans, rice, and 'salad' including guacamole and sour cream that is a deal for a town square lunch. Okay, it might not be 'authentic TexMex' but when you consider that we have a choice of El Ranchito (which I also like well enough), Moe's and Taco Bell - I like Ay! Jalisco. I wish we had a larger variety of authentic ethnic food - but I am just glad that we have another Mexican option in golf cart range.
Old 11-10-2009, 07:50 PM
Veteran member

I agree 2cats, we again experienced the same as you. In my humble opinion not a lot of tex-mex spots that are golf cart accessible.....this far east of the lone star state.
Old 11-11-2009, 09:20 AM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by borisj View Post
Perhaps I didn't get enough sleep last night. Would you mind explaining how this is at all relevant to the topic of this Thread, namely the opening of the new Restaurant "Ay! Jalisco"?
dfn8tly made a comment that if you are looking for authentic Mexican food in the Villages, you will be disappointed. The restaurant I was talking about said they only served authentic Mexican food.
Old 11-11-2009, 10:14 AM

Bonny;

Thank you for quoting me. It's always nice to be noticed. However, if you are going to restate my words please include all that are relevant. I also said in the next sentence "Most residents are unfamiliar with the cuisine and the culture." This sentence justifies your statement that the "real" Mexican restaurant was unable to find a financial niche in The Villages.

Enjoy Taco Bell if you must but I'm sure you certainly would never confuse it with "real" Mexican food.
Old 11-11-2009, 10:31 AM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfn8tly View Post
Bonny;

Thank you for quoting me. It's always nice to be noticed. However, if you are going to restate my words please include all that are relevant. I also said in the next sentence "Most residents are unfamiliar with the cuisine and the culture." This sentence justifies your statement that the "real" Mexican restaurant was unable to find a financial niche in The Villages.

Enjoy Taco Bell if you must but I'm sure you certainly would never confuse it with "real" Mexican food.
Sorry. I only quoted part of it because I assumed that person would go back to read it. I just wanted him to know which thread it was so he/she could find it. I definitely don't confuse Taco Bell with real Mexican Food. That remark was made in jest. Didn't think anyone would take that seriously.
Old 11-11-2009, 10:42 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonny View Post
Sorry. I only quoted part of it because I assumed that person would go back to read it. I just wanted him to know which thread it was so he/she could find it. I definitely don't confuse Taco Bell with real Mexican Food. That remark was made in jest. Didn't think anyone would take that seriously.
FWIW, I took your Taco Bell comment in jest.
Old 11-11-2009, 04:29 PM
Banned

Had dinner at Ay Jalisco last night. Thought the Salsa was very good and the chips that accompanied it were OK. The rest of the meal was nothing to write home about. Bland and tasteless for the most part. By the way, didn't realize until now this is a Chain. Don't think I've seen that referenced here. Bottom line is I'll wait for the next "Mexican Restaurant" to open in hopes it will significantly improve on the track record of the last few.
Old 11-11-2009, 04:47 PM
Default Jalisco

My wief and I ate lunch today OK I would have liked more sauce on burrito and was told to ask for extra in future extra charge maybe.
Old 11-12-2009, 01:21 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zcaveman View Post
I did not know there was such a thing. If it does not come in a red, white and blue Budweiser can it is not a beer.

But that is just my opinion.

Z
P L E A S E!!! Caveman you need to expand your horizons

Try a bottle of Sam Adams, it will rock-your-world.
Viet Nam
CT
TV
Old 11-16-2009, 06:48 PM

Had dinner there tonight. We liked the interior and our waiter could not have been more friendly and efficient. We liked the chips and salsa. The salsa is very fresh. As for our meals, they were very good. Not great, but very good. We will probably stick with El Ranchito, although if a group of friends wanted to go there, we wouldn't hesitate to join them. I'd certainly recommend that you give this new restaurant a try.
Old 11-18-2009, 09:42 AM

Had lunch there yesterday. Not too impressed. I ordered the fajita burrito. I took it apart when it was delivered. There were 3 small strips of steak and the rest of the burrito was onions, green peppers and lettuce. No flavor either. The rice and beans were good and the margarita was stout.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.