Bad Restaurant for brunch

Closed Thread
Old 10-13-2014, 08:45 AM
Unhappy Bad Restaurant for brunch

Terra Del Sol advertises breakfast until 2 PM. We got there before 1 and they were out of cream cheese rolls, cherry sauce, and the scrambled eggs had to be scraped off the bottom of the pan. I asked why this was this way, and they said they only make so much and when that's gone, it's gone. BUT they don't bother to adjust the price of the meal even when we asked them to. "I hope you adjust the bill accordingly." NO response.
Also, the french bread was so thick and chewy that it was an effort to bite into it. Also, a Country Club should have something to put on it instead of bottled syrup. How about some whipped cream? Strawberry sauce? How about some of the 'advertised' cherry sauce? But if you like Publix or Winn Dixie bakery goods, the tables of these 'goodies' are longer than the entree table. Just go for the omelet, but in my opinion, Denny's or Perkins or IHOP is better and not as expensive. I do wish that Country Clubs (what with their beautiful scenery, pools, etc,) would live up to their obligations to put forth a grand effort instead of substandard, store bought, cold, dry, and missing foods.
Old 10-13-2014, 09:15 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoas1@comcast.net View Post
Terra Del Sol advertises breakfast until 2 PM. We got there before 1 and they were out of cream cheese rolls, cherry sauce, and the scrambled eggs had to be scraped off the bottom of the pan. I asked why this was this way, and they said they only make so much and when that's gone, it's gone. BUT they don't bother to adjust the price of the meal even when we asked them to. "I hope you adjust the bill accordingly." NO response.
Also, the french bread was so thick and chewy that it was an effort to bite into it. Also, a Country Club should have something to put on it instead of bottled syrup. How about some whipped cream? Strawberry sauce? How about some of the 'advertised' cherry sauce? But if you like Publix or Winn Dixie bakery goods, the tables of these 'goodies' are longer than the entree table. Just go for the omelet, but in my opinion, Denny's or Perkins or IHOP is better and not as expensive. I do wish that Country Clubs (what with their beautiful scenery, pools, etc,) would live up to their obligations to put forth a grand effort instead of substandard, store bought, cold, dry, and missing foods.
Gosh, did you sit in the bar and pay $7.99 for the BIG breakfast or sit in the Main Dining and pay $9.99 for the made to order omelet with choices of roast beef and home made eclairs and all kinds of deee-licious sweet rolls and potatoes and ..flaky...succulent..creamy ECLAIRS?

Get there a little earlier. I think you will enjoy it more. The early bird gets the pastries, straight out of the oven. THE ECLAIRS and friendly conversation from the nice guy who owns the restaurant and rents from the developer.

The folks wandering in about two get sort of the dregs of the tomato juice for their headache. I don't know. I am on the dawn patrol.

Last edited by graciegirl; 10-13-2014 at 11:07 AM.
Old 10-13-2014, 10:09 AM
Eternal Member

Last time I was at Tierra del Sol for Sunday Brunch, it was just great. We got there about 11-just after church and there was fresh food abounding on the buffet line. Omelets with choices of fillings were wonderful and the homemade sweet rolls are delicious.

I also really like Hacienda Hills Sunday brunch. It is at least equal to the quality to Tierra del Sol.

Just like any restaurant - get there shortly before they close and you do not get freshly made food.

The OP could have looked at what was on the buffet when he got there and if it was not full and fresh, he could have left. Asking for a reduced price is definitely not the way to handle the situation.
Old 10-13-2014, 10:10 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Its not reasonable to think breakfast will be nice and fresh at 1:00 ....when they have been serving lunch sense 11;00..............I am normally there at around 11:00 and its wonderful ...also very nice folks......
Sure beats another Rec Center which we don't need ......

Fumar .....
Old 10-13-2014, 11:02 AM

I was there yesterday at 11ish. There was plenty of food on the buffet but most off it was cold. When I asked for hot eggs the hostess put out a fresh tray that was also cold. She said she guessed the water underneath the pan was cold. Anyway, our friends ordered sandwiches in the bar and they were great. And the price is $12.99 not $9.99.
Old 10-13-2014, 11:08 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
I couldn't agree with you more. No need for you to go earlier than you want just to get all that they promise to have available. I don't care if it's 15 minutes before the end. If you are seated and pay full price you should be just as satisfied as someone that gets there at 10am.
Old 10-13-2014, 11:10 AM
Default Bad restaurant

I am used to how buffets are in Minnesota...I guess. But I guess if that's the way it is, I best get on the ball and get there at 11. Also, we DID see that two pans were empty but figured that they would refill them. THIS too I now know and will act accordingly. Also, we paid $12.99 per person on this Sunday afternoon. I really am sorry that I assumed all buffets are the same in every state. Does this apply to Thanksgiving and Christmas buffets? What else is protocol for buffets around here in the Villages? I like the laid back style of this area. So unassuming. I guess that applies for buffets too?
Old 10-13-2014, 11:23 AM
Gold member

Try Harbor Hills CC.
Old 10-13-2014, 01:36 PM

Exactly!
Old 10-13-2014, 02:59 PM

Harbor Hills is the best.
Old 10-13-2014, 03:08 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,366 Times in 2,395 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Fumar View Post
Its not reasonable to think breakfast will be nice and fresh at 1:00 ....when they have been serving lunch sense 11;00..............I am normally there at around 11:00 and its wonderful ...also very nice folks......
Sure beats another Rec Center which we don't need ......

Fumar .....
Fumar. Where you been???
Old 10-13-2014, 03:55 PM
Sage

Quote:
I am used to how buffets are in Minnesota...I guess. But I guess if that's the way it is, I best get on the ball and get there at 11. Also, we DID see that two pans were empty but figured that they would refill them. THIS too I now know and will act accordingly. Also, we paid $12.99 per person on this Sunday afternoon. I really am sorry that I assumed all buffets are the same in every state. Does this apply to Thanksgiving and Christmas buffets? What else is protocol for buffets around here in the Villages? I like the laid back style of this area. So unassuming. I guess that applies for buffets too?
You actually think you can compare buffets at different states because of your one time experience at one restaurant in Florida?
Old 10-13-2014, 05:18 PM
Veteran member

Pete the owner makes excellent pastries!
Old 10-13-2014, 05:27 PM
Default Vote with your wallet

I for one would be hard pressed to return there. Don't let these "homers" sway your opinion. If you weren't satisfied don't return. there are those that lash out anytime anyone says something in the villages isn't perfect. My opinion is if I enter a restaurant t enjoy a buffet they had better replenish what I want or adjust the bill period.
Old 10-13-2014, 05:31 PM
Default No Reason to be Early for Breakfast

The thread posted by "Walter123" is right on! I do not know this poster but my thoughts exactly! One should not have to guess what type of food is going to be served if you are there at opening or closing unless the menu is made clear or changed to the patron.. At this price I never have the problem say at.... and Embassy Suite or the like... quit making excuses and serve up what is advertised. How about if the patron would decide when they leave "Oh well I am just going to eliminate $8.00 from the bill and say nothing ahead of time" How would the owners like this for a little change in the arrangement? And to further complicate the issue I will give them my home phone number and ask for my Manager to settle the issue..

These type of actions only go on because we allow them to continue..!!! This goes for life in general.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.