Bavarian BrewHaus in Brownwood

Closed Thread
Old 12-28-2016, 10:11 AM
Sage

Guess he didn't want to involved in their bankruptcy????
Old 12-31-2016, 09:55 AM

I haven't visited the establishment since June when it was transitioning. Just curious- did they ever change the decor to German? At that time, they were serving German food in a Spanish decorated restaurant.
Old 12-31-2016, 01:05 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo2012 View Post
Guess he didn't want to involved in their bankruptcy????
Jumbo: What bankruptcy was that?

Skip
Old 12-31-2016, 02:15 PM
Platinum member

If Darrell's Diner didn't use so much salt, Bavarian Brewhaus would have served me the worst meal I've had in three years of living here.
Old 12-31-2016, 02:46 PM
Sage

do I hear going, going ,gone-tell them to cut their loses & run--they have to be bleeding $$$--the word is out
Old 12-31-2016, 04:36 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,298 Times in 491 Posts

Coming from Michigan, one of our favorite places to visit was Frankenmuth, home of the Bavarian Inn and Zhenders. Both truly renowned German dining experiences. Sauerbraten, Spatzle, Metwurst, etc. A REAL German restaurant. We had hoped this Brownwood spot might have some of that but it seems from the previous posts probably not.

So, where around TV does the collective wisdom say is the best German dining experience?
Old 12-31-2016, 06:07 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aloha1 View Post
Coming from Michigan, one of our favorite places to visit was Frankenmuth, home of the Bavarian Inn and Zhenders. Both truly renowned German dining experiences. Sauerbraten, Spatzle, Metwurst, etc. A REAL German restaurant. We had hoped this Brownwood spot might have some of that but it seems from the previous posts probably not.

So, where around TV does the collective wisdom say is the best German dining experience?
I definitely miss going to Frankenmuth!! We were only a little over an hour away.
Old 12-31-2016, 06:14 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by New York Transplant View Post
It's probably the worst german food I've ever had. Then again , it's hard to find good food in Florida
There is plenty of good food in Florida! Maybe the problem is you can take tbe diner out of NY but you can't take the NY out of the diner.
Old 12-31-2016, 06:18 PM

We have eaten there twice and were pleased with the food both times. Our last waitress was new and almost seemed to be trying to please us too much with constant visits. Nice lady, though.

With respect to the beer, I was able to talk to the brewmaster and had a very informative and cordial discussion. If anyone has beer related comments or concerns, please ask to speak with him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post
Last Friday night I had two brats with Bavarian potato salad and coleslaw and it was all excellent. My only disappointment is that they don't have any German beer on tap.

I do agree that the service is terrible. I sat at the outside bar and there was one bartender covering the inside bar, outside bar and wait staff.

I spoke with the people who were sitting on either side of me and they were raving about their food.
Old 12-31-2016, 07:57 PM
Gold member

Not impressed and we are bith German. It will not last if they don't make big changes.

What do we need in Brownwood? Suggestions.
Old 12-31-2016, 08:17 PM
Default Good German Food Worth the Drive

We lived in Germany for three years and ate frequently in the area gasthauses (restaurants). Unfortunately, the nearest good German food we have found is an hours drive away from our home near the Havana CC. There are two we frequent every 2-3 months for an evening out.

Mr. Dunderbak's, 14929 Bruce B. Downs Blvd., Tampa, FL about 1+00 drive Mr Dunderbak's – Tampa's Original European & Craft Biergarten

Hollerbach's Willow Tree Cafe, 205 East First St., Sanford, FL about 1+15 drive. Willow Tree Cafe

Both of the above also operate delis in or near them

The Bavarian Haus German Restaurant, *** N. Alexander St., Mount Dora, FL is highly rated on the Villages Gourmet Club website. When we tried it about two years ago, the schnitzel was tough and lacked flavor and the spaetzle was watery. We saw no reason to give it a second chance.
Old 01-01-2017, 05:25 AM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by New York Transplant View Post
It's probably the worst german food I've ever had. Then again , it's hard to find good food in Florida
I can't speak to all of Florida but the restaurants in the bubble leave much to be desired. People say if you go out about two hours XX restaurants has........... Well, I can find........right in my own kitchen and if one of us cooks the other does the dishes.
Closed Thread

Tags
staff, resulting, /kitchen, number, poor

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.