The Bavarian BrewHaus (Las Tapas)

Closed Thread
Old 08-20-2016, 08:02 PM
Eternal Member
Thumbs up The Bavarian BrewHaus (Las Tapas)

We went to The Bavarian BrewHaus (Las Tapas) today for lunch. Our friend Joel was entertaining on the patio.
We had 3 couples. Each couple got something and split it.
We sat at the outside bar. Food was very good and Cathye took great care of us.
We had the brat, it was big, & fries, $5.50.
Another couple had the Cuban sandwich & fries, $9.50 and the other couple got the special, Farmer's Brunch, $4.50, which was a pile of roasted potatoes with ham & cheese mixed in, topped with 2 fried eggs surrounded with sweet bread & butter type pickles.
Everything was delicious. The fries are really good. Others were eating near us and said their's were very good also.
The guys were also trying the beers which they really liked.
We will go back for sure.
Old 08-20-2016, 08:12 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Bonny, Good to see a positive review. We will definitely give it a try soon.
Old 08-20-2016, 08:35 PM
Veteran member

We went and had the pork schnitzel and it was wonderful. Ron the Music Man was entertaining and doing German songs. He even had his lederhosen on! If I go to a German restaurant, I want the whole experience and it was met. We spoke with the chef, actually German. They certainly have a varied menu. All sorts of cuisine. Interesting.
Old 08-28-2016, 07:27 PM

My wife and I dined there this evening. The pork schnitzel and the brats were delicious, and the music was very enjoyable, if a little bit loud.
Old 08-28-2016, 07:37 PM
Eternal Member

We were there Saturday for lunch again listening to the music on the patio.
Our friend got the brat and fries. Hubby & I split the Cuban Sandwich & fries. It was delicious !
The Villages Florida
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	sandwich.jpg
Views:	200
Size:	107.2 KB
ID:	61821  
Old 09-03-2016, 03:14 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Had dinner there last night. Excellent. Bavarian potato salad was extremely good. I had meatloaf. My husband had brats. Good food. Good value. Good service. Trifector.
Old 09-03-2016, 05:01 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonny View Post
We went to The Bavarian BrewHaus (Las Tapas) today for lunch. Our friend Joel was entertaining on the patio.
We had 3 couples. Each couple got something and split it.
We sat at the outside bar. Food was very good and Cathye took great care of us.
We had the brat, it was big, & fries, $5.50.
Another couple had the Cuban sandwich & fries, $9.50 and the other couple got the special, Farmer's Brunch, $4.50, which was a pile of roasted potatoes with ham & cheese mixed in, topped with 2 fried eggs surrounded with sweet bread & butter type pickles.
Everything was delicious. The fries are really good. Others were eating near us and said their's were very good also.
The guys were also trying the beers which they really liked.
We will go back for sure.

Thank You for your excellent review...We will try it very soon..I have never turned down a Bratwurst in my life..looking forward to some decent German food.

Thanks Again
Old 09-03-2016, 05:55 AM
Gold member
Send a message via AIM to rjn5656

Our dinner was excellent Thursday night. Manager came over and spent some time with us. They have a old fashioned fish fry on Fridays. He said menu will continue to expand.
Old 09-03-2016, 08:56 AM

Has the decor changed to a German theme? We had visited during the tail end of June and found things to be very confusing- Spanish AND German?! At the time, we had been disappointed with the limited German menu and being out of the ordered item. The waitress was absolutely great, though we vowed to not return.

Now, I am so happy to hear these positive reviews and am looking forward to a nice German meal upon my return to TV. At the time, I suppose that I should have inquired. I only hope that those who had dined around the same time frame as us, and had experienced disappointment by posting negative reviews on Trip Advisor, will understand that this was transitional and will give it another try.

I'm routing for the new guy!
Old 09-03-2016, 09:04 AM

we went there yesterday for lunch--great food and service--new lunch menu about to be listed.
Planning an evening visit soon
Old 09-03-2016, 09:24 AM
Sage
Thanked 7,371 Times in 2,517 Posts

Please stop praisng this place. It will be all reservation soon, if you all keep this up!!

Last edited by Two Bills; 09-03-2016 at 09:34 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 09-03-2016, 09:45 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Bills View Post
Please stop praisng this place. It will be all reservation soon, if you all keep this up!!
You are absolutely right. I won't tell anyone our dinner was so good we almost licked the plates LOL.
Old 10-22-2016, 09:58 PM
Veteran member

Sorry, I will be guilty of praising this restaurant. My ladies group went there on Friday and everyone had an excellent meal. There were 22 of us and had excellent service. The chef and manager, Jorg, from Germany, came out and greeted us. Wonderful Sauerbraten and Jaegerschnizel. Also Brats and other sausages. Everything is tasty and made from scratch. I know we would all like to keep this a big secret, but it is so refreshing to have a non-chain restaurant here that food other than the routine entrees that come straight from a box from Sysco. Oh, and they have burgers and other foods for the kids. Good drink specials, they brew their own beer. Dang, there is nothing not to like. I've been before Friday and I will be back soon. Word to the wise, good quality German food is not cheap, it is worth it.
Old 10-23-2016, 06:54 AM
Gold member

Like anything new, it takes a little while to work out all the kinks and get things running on all cylinders. We waited to visit until one evening last week and it was worth it. They were very busy, but still managed the meal prep and timing very well. Dinner was outstanding and we will definitely be back. Brownwood is the other end of the world for us, but worth the drive. Very fun evening.

"I wish I didn't know now, what I didn't know then"
-Bob Seger-
Old 10-23-2016, 01:41 PM
Veteran member

We live nearby and have gone there a few times recently. I am very pleased with the improvement in the quality of food. I love the location at the outside bar across from the entertainment. The interior decor is still Spanish which needs to be changed ASAP before the Snowbirds come back to give it another try.

Closed Thread

Tags
couple, good, fries, tapas, las

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.