Beef O'Brady's

Closed Thread
Old 05-27-2016, 09:41 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,506 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

I wonder if people who order a children's portion because of health issues tip the server as if it were an adult portion?

They are taking up a chair, and being served at a reduced rate....think about it.
Old 05-27-2016, 12:26 PM
Platinum member
Default Very true

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marathon Man View Post
I don't understand the complaint here. Every menu that I have ever seen makes it clear that there is an age limit for the kids' meals. Anyone who expects to receive special treatment needs to accept the fact that they will often not get it.

Sorry, OP. This will not keep me away from Beef O' Bradys. Asking others to stop going to a business simply because you are angry is asking too much.
Although I said the OP should complain about the response from the manager I personally would order the adult meal and take half hme. I have also noticed most places show the age restriction on kids meals.
Old 05-27-2016, 12:29 PM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
I always wonder about posters who say, never again, last time, etc.................do they ever sneak back again?
#Never Beef O'Brady's
Old 05-27-2016, 12:38 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
First of all I respect you for your decision to have the operation. In the most respectful way I would like to let you know first hand that the great results that are apparent early on after the procedure can be reversed in a very short period of time. I'm thinking possibly that you have had the operation a short time ago and asking about a restaurant's rules before you go are not second nature to you yet. If you called and spoke to the manager before you went to eat and got a favorable answer them you have the person's name and could proceed to dine. We all learn as we go thru this life, no one including you and the people in any restaurant are perfect. Please do the after treatment that they provide so that your health stays good and your weight stays off. I figured out how to get past that full feeling and the statistics of my drastic decline and enormous gain are staggering. Plan ahead today and everyday so you don't experience the total crash and burn that I have. If you need any questions answered please feel free to PM me. Good luck on your journey to health. For me early on after the operation going into a restaurant was similar to an alcoholic sitting at the bar.
A very helpful and eye opening post and it allowed me to learn a great deal. This is not the first time this has happened on this forum. I like living here and learning from others.

Hurry home, Nucky.
Old 05-27-2016, 12:55 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,883 Times in 2,429 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Record10ti View Post
He was banned from Publix. I guess the dog would bark at people in the store often as well, As a legal extension of me, if my dog was barking in a store that it not any different from me yelling "**** You" over and over at the top of my lungs (and I would thus be tossed from the store). At the end of the day the guy claimed that he was going to sue the store. My dog had a small puncture wound on her ear and had to be coaxed out from under a cash register.

I did not have the time to get police involved, and the store took the proper actions. A police dog is a "Personal Protection" dog, and would never attack another dog in a public place.
I don't speak dog so I don't know what it's saying when barking? But, I do understand what FU means which will most likely cause more of problem than dog barking? I see big difference, but I am strange.

IMO only blind people dogs should be allowed in stores, especially food stores! This includes police dogs unless the officer is blind or on official investigation or response to crime.
Old 05-27-2016, 01:13 PM
Email Reported As Spam

I wonder how many adults use forged medical documentation so that they can swindle restaurants by purchasing a child's portions? I wonder how many times this swindle has caused restaurants to go into bankruptcy?

Now I wonder how much damage one criticism such as this does to a restaurant? Look at what other unrelated
negatives were produced from this one incident? If I owned a restaurant my thought would be to do my best to make it an exciting and pleasing experience for every consumer?
This guy certainly isn't applying best practices.
Old 05-27-2016, 01:19 PM
Default Owner or Server?

Quote:
Originally Posted by It's a giraffe View Post
... and the server came back and said "He said he doesn't want to engage with you, but you are welcome to not return". I can not believe the lack of respect Randy Holaway has for his customers! ...
I wonder if the server even talked to the owner.
Old 05-27-2016, 01:43 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by It's a giraffe View Post
It isn't fair to ask for a kids meal? So if you take a 7 year old out they should order a full meal and take the rest home? I have a stomach that is smaller than a 7 year old. A full meal is 3 for me, why should I have to eat the same thing for days? A regular adult asking for a kids meal, refuse it. Someone with a medical reason, honor it. And don't be so pathetic and refuse to face the customer
Thinking about this. There are food temptations everywhere. I like that commercial with the gal at her mom's watching the meatball dish passed by her. Sometimes we just have to do what we have to do. When we have food or drinking problems, the world continues around us. Some have addictions to gambling. I have one to this forum.
Old 05-27-2016, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbrat View Post
A person protection dog in my honest opinion is the equivalent of carrying a gun with a modified trigger, if you use it you will have big legal problems.

Should have gotten law enforcement involved with the "personal protection" dog
Nah. just claim your stand your ground rights. in Fla. it allows any violent behavior.
Old 05-27-2016, 04:26 PM
Soaring Eagle member

The problem is the attitude of the owner. He could be 100% correct (I think he is not) but refusing to talk to an unhappy customer is a very poor business policy.
Old 05-28-2016, 05:11 AM
Email Reported As Spam

I wonder if those taking sides with BOB. any other restaurant, contractor, etc would feel the same way if BOB or they did something to displease them? The old saw "it depends on whose ox is being gored"comes to mind
Old 05-28-2016, 06:59 AM

Does not bother me, if it does not bother me. Then again, I always get involved...
Old 05-28-2016, 08:22 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
I wonder if those taking sides with BOB. any other restaurant, contractor, etc would feel the same way if BOB or they did something to displease them? The old saw "it depends on whose ox is being gored"comes to mind
I think, maybe at one time, something like this would have bothered me, but as I get older, and see and have lived through some scary and sad and heart breaking things, things like this don't bother me so much. I think most of us who live here are like that. We all have our hot spots, our passions, our beliefs, our rules, that always trigger a blood pressure rise.

I am allergic to shellfish so I stay away from Asian restaurants because I am NEVER sure of the ingredients. Couple of years ago I went with a golf group to lunch here and thought I had it right after reading the menu carefully and talking to the server. On the first bite I tasted something that tasted like oyster and to be sure took myself immediately to urgent care to be watched and monitored for an hour. That was the end of it. I was o.k. We kind of need to make decisions that are reasonable for us and not expect the world to adapt to us. I feel the same about the new bathroom debate.
Old 05-28-2016, 01:36 PM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I think, maybe at one time, something like this would have bothered me, but as I get older, and see and have lived through some scary and sad and heart breaking things, things like this don't bother me so much. I think most of us who live here are like that. We all have our hot spots, our passions, our beliefs, our rules, that always trigger a blood pressure rise.

I am allergic to shellfish so I stay away from Asian restaurants because I am NEVER sure of the ingredients. Couple of years ago I went with a golf group to lunch here and thought I had it right after reading the menu carefully and talking to the server. On the first bite I tasted something that tasted like oyster and to be sure took myself immediately to urgent care to be watched and monitored for an hour. That was the end of it. I was o.k. We kind of need to make decisions that are reasonable for us and not expect the world to adapt to us. I feel the same about the new bathroom debate.
Hi GG: Precisely. When it happens to someone else its called complaining but when it is happening to you its called a legitimate grievance and one so egregious it must be shared for a variety of reasons. And this sharing is also called venting and venting is a good thing if not carried to extremes......" and slowly I turned and step by step....."(Lou Costello)
Old 05-29-2016, 10:11 AM
Platinum member

as a friend of mine once noted: there's a difference between a hardship and an inconvenience.
Closed Thread

Tags
beef, obradys, return, order, care

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.