Beef O'Brady's

Closed Thread
Old 05-30-2016, 07:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I think so too. I am saddened by this. It is such a small issue. In money a couple of dollars, in wasted food, a couple of ounces. I don't blame the manager for being annoyed, he probably should have allowed this request, but people all too often think that things should be changed for their unusual situation.

They think they are entitled.

A lawsuit over this? A lawsuit??????? Come on.
I have the PERFECT law firm for this

Personal Injury @ Dewey Cheatham & Howe LLP
Old 05-30-2016, 08:19 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Wink Too Bad

It is too bad we don't have a Market/Business like Stew Lenords in Conn. They were even featured on 60 Minutes years ago. They have posted in their stores a sign for their employees that states "1st rule the customer is always right, if there is a question go to 2nd rule, The Customer is Always Right" and they practice this business rule. If you ask a worker for help he/she will totally assist you.
Old 05-30-2016, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by It's a giraffe View Post
I have a medically needed accommodation card that states this and to allow patron to order off of the child's menu........

After a bit of internet research - BULL****. That card is not protected by any law, any where. See, I have a service dog due to epilepsy, and I am sometimes given a hard time thanks to all of the idiots with PTSD and Emotional Support dogs (that are specifically NOT service animals).

I found a link where you can print even more cards. You can also on the internet print Monopoly money and all kinds of other things.

RestaurantCard

Not saying the manager was or was not rude - but, if I was the manager I would not honor that card.
Old 05-30-2016, 08:29 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,499 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

When people say "It's not the money, it's the principle of the thing". It's usually the money.
Old 05-30-2016, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
When people say "It's not the money, it's the principle of the thing". It's usually the money.

The Villages Florida
Old 05-30-2016, 01:12 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Record10ti View Post
After a bit of internet research - BULL****. That card is not protected by any law, any where. See, I have a service dog due to epilepsy, and I am sometimes given a hard time thanks to all of the idiots with PTSD and Emotional Support dogs (that are specifically NOT service animals).

I found a link where you can print even more cards. You can also on the internet print Monopoly money and all kinds of other things.

RestaurantCard

Not saying the manager was or was not rude - but, if I was the manager I would not honor that card.
The site you linked lists the restaurants that have agreed to either accept the card or offer smaller portions to anyone who asks. Maybe just the way I think, but I would not assume restaurants not listed must honor the card. It's their decision, not the cardholder's. As you say, it has no legal standing. In that case, a doggy bag may be the better option.
Old 05-30-2016, 02:51 PM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennBF View Post
It is too bad we don't have a Market/Business like Stew Lenords in Conn. They were even featured on 60 Minutes years ago. They have posted in their stores a sign for their employees that states "1st rule the customer is always right, if there is a question go to 2nd rule, The Customer is Always Right" and they practice this business rule. If you ask a worker for help he/she will totally assist you.
A ubiquitous business rule once seems to have disappeared like good manners.
Old 05-30-2016, 02:54 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,348 Times in 2,389 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stdole View Post
I can tell you from experience... this is definitely a Civil Case from the word Go. You need to see a Civil Lawyer.. make sure your facts are exactly as they appear... Do not inflate or change... Keep accurate notes right now in your folder for future depositions..

If one lawyer is too busy head for the second lawyer... this is not a high money case but there is an amount there to cover all expenses etc... In the area of $5000.00 to ++++ . Be careful of future postings here.. that is not good for your case after general notifications to all residents to be aware only.. Save his postings here in a copy... get the actual name of the person (employees you talked with) inquire his full name and position... get full address of business so a registered letter will be coming there way by your lawyer... save all attempts to contact him (manager) and method, times, even send your own registered letter to attempt to make contact with them... do not let this end this way..
Oh my, get out of town.........
Old 05-30-2016, 02:56 PM
Sage

Thank you very much, any corp will pay 5k for a go away nuisance suit--it will cost them way more to defend it--

We are individuals, if we have a personal problem, we should be prepared to handle it without the help of lawyers.

This is the kind of junk, that drove me out of NJ--too many people wanting to blame others for their personal screw ups, as long as they could find a lawyer to ride shotgun.
Old 05-30-2016, 02:56 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
A ubiquitous business rule once seems to have disappeared like good manners.
It could be that the customers have become so nasty as to degrade the rule. The rule could have caused it? Who knows.
Old 05-30-2016, 03:31 PM
Location: Lived in Abingdon, MD now live in Village of Hadley.

I have known Randy Holloway since the late 1970's. I was thrilled when we moved to The Villages and found out that Randy and another friend from Maryland had opened several Beef O'Brady's in and around The Villages. Randy is one of the hardest working people I know. He is not your typical owner who just comes in to sign checks. I've seen him on numerous occasions cooking in the kitchen or helping out wherever he is needed. He is a gentle soft spoken man. I could never see Randy being rude to anyone no matter how ignorant they might be. If Randy refused to deal with you it had to be because he was extremely busy working and he knew that card you were trying to present was bogus as was stated by others in previous comments. Do like a lot of us "older folks" do when we don't have room for a large meal, take half the meal home or just order an appetizer. Don't disparage a good guy like Randy Holloway
Old 05-30-2016, 04:25 PM
Default The other side

The following is the response given on our facebook page to this very incident.
First I would like to say that this was at our sister store in Colony plaza. Secondly you were offered our smaller portion menu to accomodate your special needs. Third when I am at work running my business I am in the kitchen cooking the food for my customers. I can not and will not sacrifice a restaurant full of people's food to come out and address an issue that could have easily been resolved by ordering off of the alternative menu offered. Last but not least the numerous complaints that I received on the way you behaved and disrupted the entire dining rooms experience by you behavior and language is completely unacceptable. The menu clearly state the children menus are just that, for children 12 and under. Thank you!

For those of you who have visited any of our locations and have loved them, Thank you for your kind words and continued support. See ya at Beefs!
For those of you who have tried us and it wasn't for you, thank you for giving us the opportunity. We understand that not all restaurants work for everybody.
Old 05-30-2016, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beefs View Post
The following is the response given on our facebook page to this very incident.
First I would like to say that this was at our sister store in Colony plaza. Secondly you were offered our smaller portion menu to accomodate your special needs. Third when I am at work running my business I am in the kitchen cooking the food for my customers. I can not and will not sacrifice a restaurant full of people's food to come out and address an issue that could have easily been resolved by ordering off of the alternative menu offered. Last but not least the numerous complaints that I received on the way you behaved and disrupted the entire dining rooms experience by you behavior and language is completely unacceptable. The menu clearly state the children menus are just that, for children 12 and under. Thank you!

For those of you who have visited any of our locations and have loved them, Thank you for your kind words and continued support. See ya at Beefs!
For those of you who have tried us and it wasn't for you, thank you for giving us the opportunity. We understand that not all restaurants work for everybody.

Yep!!! Next time I go out (we are new to TV)...it will be a trip to Beef O'Bradys!!!!
Old 05-30-2016, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Yep!!! Next time I go out (we are new to TV)...it will be a trip to Beef O'Bradys!!!!
I have never been to Beefs but I will definitely go when I return to TV. OP sounded like a jerk to me. Just because he couldn't get his own way he wanted to ruin a business.
Old 05-30-2016, 07:10 PM
Platinum member
Default thanks for the adult response

Quote:
thanks to the manager for the response to the customers complaint. Very much appreciated to help explain your actions. Again thanks.
Closed Thread

Tags
beef, obradys, return, order, care

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.