I hope they read TOTV.
I'll tell him tonight.
Old 08-10-2015, 08:41 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,318 Times in 2,055 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonny View Post
I'll tell him tonight.
I have been talking to my niece who is a bartender in Reno, Nevada. I did not know I even had this niece last year at this time. She is the daughter of my late younger brother, Chuck. Chuck and her mother had a fling, she got pregnant, and then they decided to go their separate ways. The daughter though wanted to know more about her biological father so she contacted some of us via Facebook. I am learning some stuff about bartending and more gossip about Reno, Nevada. I have not been back there since 1994 but we did live there for 15 years or so. Me for 14 as I was away at the University of Denver getting a MA in Librarianship and Information Management at their Graduate School of Librarianship and Information Management. The last time I had a lot of experience with bartenders was when us library students went out drinking and dancing frequently after a not so hard day of studying. I got a little experience with bartenders while at the University of Minnesota Law School but rarely had much time for partying as the study and work at the Law Library was hard-going.

I do have a renewed interest in bartenders though even though I do not drink any more. We lost my younger brother Chuck last December to long term alcoholism. Kind of ironic that his daughter is now a bartender.

Last edited by Taltarzac725; 08-10-2015 at 03:44 PM.
Old 08-10-2015, 08:53 AM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
I have been talking to my niece who is a bartender in Reno, Nevada. I did not know I even had this niece last year at this time. She is the daughter of my late younger brother, Chuck. Chuck and her mother had a fling, she got pregnant, and then they decided to go their separate ways. The daughter though wanted to know more about her biological father so she contacted some of us via Facebook. I am learning some stuff about bartending and more gossip about Reno, Nevada. I have not been back there since 1994 or so but we did live there for 15 years or so. Me for 14 as I was away at the University of Denver getting a MA in Librarianship and Information Management at their Graduate School of Librarianship and Information Management. The last time I had a lot of experience with bartenders was when us library students went out drinking and dancing frequently after a not so hard day of studying. I got a little experience with bartenders while at the University of Minnesota Law School but rarely had much time for partying as the study and work at the Law Library was hard-going.

I do have a renewed interest in bartenders though even though I do not drink any more. We lost my younger brother Chuck last December to long term alcoholism. Kind of ironic that his daughter is now a bartender.
Sorry for your loss. Yes, it is strange sometimes to see the way some things play out. Hope you were able to help your niece learn more about her dad.
Old 08-10-2015, 09:01 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,318 Times in 2,055 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonny View Post
Sorry for your loss. Yes, it is strange sometimes to see the way some things play out. Hope you were able to help your niece learn more about her dad.
Yes. We are sharing all kinds pf photos and the like on Facebook. She seems like a great kid with a couple of kids of her own. That was a huge surprise for my Mother and Father as they were informed that they were great grandparents around July 4, 2015 but had no idea that Chuck had ever got some other girl pregnant and that woman had had a kid by him.
Old 08-10-2015, 09:04 AM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
Yes. We are sharing all kinds pf photos and the like on Facebook. She seems like a great kid with a couple of kids of her own. That was a huge surprise for my Mother and Father as they were informed that they were great grandparents around July 4, 2015 but had no idea that Chuck had ever got some other girl pregnant and that woman had had a kid by him.
That's wonderful !
Old 08-10-2015, 11:44 AM

The whole staff at the Lighthouse!
Old 08-11-2015, 10:05 PM

Hands down Alan at City Fire SL
Old 08-12-2015, 09:36 AM
Eternal Member

Alan said thank you everyone !

Tags
bartenders, female, lunch, bartender, palmer, villages, lives, pepsi, time, caffeinated, splurge, coke, regular, diet, good, scuttlebutt, guess, coca-cola, drink, decaffeinated, shaken, stirred, thinking, martini, throwtomatoes

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.