Best pizza

Closed Thread
Old 04-03-2017, 02:54 PM
Sage

If you think the Cane & Mallory pizza's are good--its obvious you have never experienced a good pizza

If anyone cares to see what the best pizza in the US, looks like , look up Totonno's in B'klyn & eat your heart out
Old 04-03-2017, 02:59 PM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,143 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbrat View Post
If you think the Cane & Mallory pizza's are good--its obvious you have never experienced a good pizza

If anyone cares to see what the best pizza in the US, looks like , look up Totonno's in B'klyn & eat your heart out
They're good. Also the original Ray's in Manhattan and Nunzio's on Staten Island. Let's face it, just about any pizzeria in NY is better than here.
Old 04-03-2017, 03:02 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbrat View Post

You expect us to believe you have actually eaten Cane and Mallory pizza?
Old 04-03-2017, 03:33 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,343 Times in 519 Posts

It used to be Flippers..There would be a line going out the door up the side walk at least a 45 min wait to be seated for an excellent pie
Then like all restaurants success went to their head. Quantity verses quality now all you get is a poorly make tasteless pie.
It shows business is way off and I believe they are poorly run
They try to off set poor sales by offing a few drink specials.. Instead they should take the money they are spending on spend on free drinks and put back into the product.Like it used to be...We switched to Bravo....
Hope they can turn it around
Old 04-03-2017, 04:10 PM
Platinum member
Location: born Urbana,Il lived in Urbana Ohio for 65 years a house in Lake Deaton

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
They're good. Also the original Ray's in Manhattan and Nunzio's on Staten Island. Let's face it, just about any pizzeria in NY is better than here.
Ok, how about Ricciardi’s pizza in Brownwood?
Old 04-03-2017, 04:19 PM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,143 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoplanekid View Post
Ok, how about Ricciardi’s pizza in Brownwood?
sorry neighbor, but it also rates YUK

Guess I'm just a NY pizza snob
Old 04-03-2017, 04:21 PM
Sage

Ricciardi's is tourist trap junk
Old 04-03-2017, 04:22 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

I liked Ricciardi's at Brownwood and Mezza Luna at Colony, I couldn't tell them apart, except one of them only makes medium size for $10, I can't remember which place it was. I had Giovanni's in the past and then again recently, they are good, but a little heavy. I've had NYPD several times, it's OK, but the last couple of times it upset my stomach so we quit going.

After going to the VA at Mulberry about 3 years ago I stopped at Sammy Joe's in Mulberry Plaza. It's between Publix and Bealls. That is my favorite hands down, and I've got to drive 11 miles up 301 or BV to get there, so it must be good. My wife loves it also. It's like Giovanni's but thinner and lighter. They make a 14" and a 16", if your hungry the 16" is no problem for two people.

Sammy Joe's, 8760 SE 165th Mulberry Lane, The Villages, FL 32162, 352-633-1949
Old 04-03-2017, 06:39 PM

I vote for Sammy Joe's too!
Old 04-03-2017, 07:16 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapscallion St Croix View Post
This was a square pizza made by Italians. They asked if I wanted egg on it and being ignorant (and drunk), I said OK. They cracked a raw egg on top just before serving. Things went downhill after that and culminated with my being detained in a US military jail cell in the basement of the Douglas House by Hyde Park and having the Air Police call my First Sergeant at 4 am to notify him of my whereabouts.
Well to me it sounds like you were away from home for probably the first time, and looking for a good time, if that was the case...I would have given you a break...but ya had to be taught a lesson.

I would suspect in those days the barracks had furnaces..so 2 weeks shoveling coal to keep 3 barracks cozy.. with latrine duty.Then onto 2 weeks KP naturally on Pots and Pans and making sure the grease pit was clean. This of course would all be " Arranged " beforehand with 3 phone calls.

If it was the summer different story, cutting grass, along with taking care of the weeds with the " Idiot Stick ", the Latrine duty stays intact. Same duration.

On the bright side you would have avoided an Article 15, which meant, avoid getting busted, and being restricted to the base.
Old 04-03-2017, 07:21 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
I liked Ricciardi's at Brownwood and Mezza Luna at Colony, I couldn't tell them apart, except one of them only makes medium size for $10, I can't remember which place it was. I had Giovanni's in the past and then again recently, they are good, but a little heavy. I've had NYPD several times, it's OK, but the last couple of times it upset my stomach so we quit going.

After going to the VA at Mulberry about 3 years ago I stopped at Sammy Joe's in Mulberry Plaza. It's between Publix and Bealls. That is my favorite hands down, and I've got to drive 11 miles up 301 or BV to get there, so it must be good. My wife loves it also. It's like Giovanni's but thinner and lighter. They make a 14" and a 16", if your hungry the 16" is no problem for two people.

Sammy Joe's, 8760 SE 165th Mulberry Lane, The Villages, FL 32162, 352-633-1949
John, Thank You for the information..sound good especially traveling the distance..must be worth the trip.
Old 04-03-2017, 07:32 PM
Veteran member

////////////

Last edited by 600th Photo Sq; 04-03-2017 at 07:34 PM. Reason: duplicate
Old 04-03-2017, 07:40 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 600th Photo Sq View Post
Well to me it sounds like you were away from home for probably the first time, and looking for a good time, if that was the case...I would have given you a break...but ya had to be taught a lesson.

I would suspect in those days the barracks had furnaces..so 2 weeks shoveling coal to keep 3 barracks cozy.. with latrine duty.Then onto 2 weeks KP naturally on Pots and Pans and making sure the grease pit was clean. This of course would all be " Arranged " beforehand with 3 phone calls.

If it was the summer different story, cutting grass, along with taking care of the weeds with the " Idiot Stick ", the Latrine duty stays intact. Same duration.

On the bright side you would have avoided an Article 15, which meant, avoid getting busted, and being restricted to the base.
I was restricted to the base for 30 days, banned from anyplace on base that sold liquor, and the CQ runner woke me up every hour on the hour and had me sign a sheet of paper on a clip board for 30 nights. The great story out of this was my supervisor, a crusty old Master Sgt. He was in the 1st shirt's office with me when I received my punishment. The shirt told he that he was making him personally responsible for my behavior over the next month. That weekend, MSgt C. got into a fight with a Chief at the NCO Club and shoved his head under the brass foot rail at the bar. Civil Engineers had to come cut the Chief free. My exploits faded into a black hole of forgottenness. Back then, promotions were decided at base level, and less than a year later, the First Sergeant personally advocated for and got me my next stripe and I was on my way to a well behaved and successful career.
Old 04-03-2017, 07:45 PM

We think NYPD on 466 in front of Walmart. They have a great lunch special as well for $5 you get a soft drink and two large slices of the pizza of the day or a huge salad with a large slice for $5. They have fried ravioli's too! Yummy!
Old 04-03-2017, 07:51 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,980 Times in 713 Posts

All I know is we tried Bravo and it was really bad and really slow. Never again.
Closed Thread

Tags
pizza, villages

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.