Beware the Booths

Closed Thread
Old 06-30-2015, 08:46 AM
Sage

i certainly am not suggesting that booths should be illegal, and purposely did not name the restaurant because an accident is no one's fault. just trying to remind others to be careful...by the way, i probably would have forgotten my doggie bag, too!
Old 06-30-2015, 10:02 AM
Eternal Member

Don't some of these restaurants have a plate at the front edge of the booth telling you to watch your step? I know Logan's does.

Z

Second star to the right, then straight on 'til morning.
Old 06-30-2015, 01:15 PM
Sage

I'm glad to hear you're ok too.
I don't like booths or high chairs. I think their purpose is to squeeze more seats in an area and accommodate the serer not the patron. I also hate [hate is too strong a word] asking others to get up so I can get out and visa versa.

I think Daryl's has the right idea when it comes to seating in a retirement community. Their counter is low and everyone has their own chair. I think that's one of the reasons they are packed all the time.
Old 06-30-2015, 01:54 PM
Platinum member

Chili's booths also have a step up.
Old 06-30-2015, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petxpressions View Post
Glad you are OK. I think we've all had experiences like that. My most recent was an overly long crossed leg at lunch.
I knew when I got up , something wasn't right , but I kept on going. I'm sure the table I almost fell into thought I had a 3 martini lunch...I had iced tea.
That sensation of falling is awful at "our age."
At our age, all the more reason to rub that leg awhile before getting up. And do it slowly! Glad you were not hurt.
Old 07-02-2015, 10:52 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomwed View Post
I'm glad to hear you're ok too.
I don't like booths or high chairs. I think their purpose is to squeeze more seats in an area and accommodate the serer not the patron. I also hate [hate is too strong a word] asking others to get up so I can get out and visa versa.

I think Daryl's has the right idea when it comes to seating in a retirement community. Their counter is low and everyone has their own chair. I think that's one of the reasons they are packed all the time.
I was surprised at the number of bar height seats & tables in Honest John's as well. We didn't fall off (at least this time) but thought this might not have been the best choice here in TV.
Old 07-02-2015, 11:06 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by parthree View Post
I am always aware of that height because the seating arrangement in relation to the restaurant floor is obvious. Wouldn't the height of your wait person when they bring the check remind you that you are higher? Patrons walking past? People at the next booth stepping down to exit?
The OP was merely reminding us to be careful when booths are raised, and I appreciate the reminder.
Old 07-02-2015, 11:35 AM
Sage

went to sweet tomatoes the other day and was happy to note that their booths are at floor level! i think all booths should be that way whenever possible. the best of both worlds.
Old 07-02-2015, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
The OP was merely reminding us to be careful when booths are raised, and I appreciate the reminder.
As do I.
Closed Thread

Tags
booth, nice, floor, ego, bruised, bruise, huge, chairs, adjacent, hitting, tables, manager, permanent, falling, damage, restaurant, choose, high, embarrassed, end, aware, front, dress, entire, head

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.