China Buffet, Wedgewood Lane (466)

Closed Thread
Old 01-03-2015, 07:31 PM
Veteran member

If it's good enough for Bonny,trust me,it's fine!
Old 01-03-2015, 07:34 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatherer47 View Post
If it's good enough for Bonny,trust me,it's fine!
Bonny loves everything!
Old 01-03-2015, 08:55 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gryoung View Post
Bonny loves everything!
Definitely don't love everything. I just don't say much about where I don't like unless someone asks.
Old 01-03-2015, 09:24 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by njbchbum View Post
gerryann - The restaurant had to have inspections *before* it was allowed to open after having been closed down! This remodel is above and beyond the correction of violations. For your comfort you can call Florida Health and they will tell you when the next inspection is set for that restaurant.
Maybe you misread my posts regarding this. I say to give them a chance. Why would I call Florida Health? Of course they were inspected before opening.....and of course it passed. All I'm saying is if they can't keep it clean, it will show. I asked folks to give them a chance...they deserve it.
Old 01-03-2015, 10:01 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonny View Post
Definitely don't love everything. I just don't say much about where I don't like unless someone asks.
And I applaud that approach!
Old 01-03-2015, 10:17 PM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerryann View Post
I guess the best solution is to wait for a new health report. If they have cleaned up their act, they won't have any of the "nasty" violations......I know mostly ALL resturants have those kinda trivial minor violations.

They deserve a new chance. If it has not changed, it won't take long for it to show.
Well, By golly! I guess I *did* misunderstand!

Old 01-10-2015, 07:45 AM
Eternal Member

We went to China Buffet last night.
They did a great job remodeling. Love the all new buffet stations.
Everything was delicious. We have always liked the food.
The one thing we always like is they bring food out in smaller batches so it's a little fresher than when they fill the pan to the top.
I must say, we were happy to see that the whole time we were there almost every table and booth was filled. Some would leave, more would come in.
There was also a lot of take outs being picked up.
Good for them. They are very nice people !!
Old 01-17-2015, 07:40 PM

not impressed with the lunch selections.
Old 01-18-2015, 11:44 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharonga View Post
It used to be the worst of the worst!
I don't know about that. There's one down on 27/441 in Leesburg that is the worst I've ever been to.

The China Buffet on Wedgewood was almost mediocre the last time I was there. They also have had several problems with the board of health.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 03-12-2015, 07:35 PM
Sage

Wow!! We went there tonight and were very disappointed. Yes, they did remodel but it just looks like they cleaned the place up a bit. If I'm not mistaken, the carpeting in the dining area hasn't been changed. It did seem that the lighting was improved.

The food was improved since I last ate there a few years ago, but it was fair at best. I can't believe the rave reviews in this thread. The selection is very limited compared other Chinese buffets I've been to. The sushi selection is a joke. I didn't see any Alaskan King crab legs.

The condiments are all in little squeeze packages like you get with take out. Service was good but overall, I was very unimpressed.

I honestly don't believe that this place will stay in business with Evergreen right down the road.

By the way, if you want to try a really great Asian buffet got o Koy Wan in altamonte Springs. The sushi bar alone is worth the trip. They have a Mongolian grill and a huge selection. The quality of the food is very good.

If you don't want to drive that far, the next best is Ocean Buffet in Ocala. Not up to Koy Wan standards but the second best as far as I'm concerned.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 03-12-2015, 07:58 PM

Remodel, carpets are awful, meal was going fine until bugs on the floor. Will not go back. Chinese Buffet at Evergreen in Pinellas Plaza a better place.
Old 03-12-2015, 09:33 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post
Wow!! We went there tonight and were very disappointed. Yes, they did remodel but it just looks like they cleaned the place up a bit. If I'm not mistaken, the carpeting in the dining area hasn't been changed. It did seem that the lighting was improved.

The food was improved since I last ate there a few years ago, but it was fair at best. I can't believe the rave reviews in this thread. The selection is very limited compared other Chinese buffets I've been to. The sushi selection is a joke. I didn't see any Alaskan King crab legs.

The condiments are all in little squeeze packages like you get with take out. Service was good but overall, I was very unimpressed.

I honestly don't believe that this place will stay in business with Evergreen right down the road.

By the way, if you want to try a really great Asian buffet got o Koy Wan in altamonte Springs. The sushi bar alone is worth the trip. They have a Mongolian grill and a huge selection. The quality of the food is very good.

If you don't want to drive that far, the next best is Ocean Buffet in Ocala. Not up to Koy Wan standards but the second best as far as I'm concerned.
Alaskan King Crab Legs ?? Not sure where you heard that from. It's snow crab. Not the best in the world, but not the worst. For the price, we like it. I'm not going to say there aren't better places, but I'm not driving to Orlando to get a fix for a Chinese Buffet. I think for the price, it works for us.
Old 03-12-2015, 09:45 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonny View Post
Alaskan King Crab Legs ?? Not sure where you heard that from. It's snow crab. Not the best in the world, but not the worst. For the price, we like it. I'm not going to say there aren't better places, but I'm not driving to Orlando to get a fix for a Chinese Buffet. I think for the price, it works for us.
Sorry about that, but I didn't see any crab legs at all. If you like it fine. I hope that you enjoy it. But for my money Evergreen on 466A is much better. Like I said, I can't imagine these people staying in business.

Altamonte Springs in nor Orlando, but it is an hour and fifteen minutes. We usually only go there if we happen to be in that area for another reason or we stop on the way back from Disney. we don't normally go down just for the buffet. But if you're ever in the area give it a try, you won't regret it.

Old 03-12-2015, 09:48 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post
Sorry about that, but I didn't see any crab legs at all. If you like it fine. I hope that you enjoy it. But for my money Evergreen on 466A is a thousand times better. Like I said, I can't imagine these people staying in business.
Crab legs come out at 4:00. It's all good. We like what we like and / or what we are willing to pay. LOL

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.