Country Clubs and Twilight Golfers

Closed Thread
Old 07-04-2015, 08:54 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by newguyintv View Post
It's called the "Rose colored glasses syndrome".
No, I'm pretty sure I see things for what they are. Besides, I threw this post out there to see if there were others with good experiences as well. Obviously you're not one of them
Old 07-04-2015, 09:01 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,371 Times in 817 Posts
Default Good food & service

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
No, I'm pretty sure I see things for what they are. Besides, I threw this post out there to see if there were others with good experiences as well. Obviously you're not one of them
We consistently have very good food and service at Hemingway's, Lopez and Palmer. Never ever a problem with quality and service.
Old 07-04-2015, 10:20 AM
Platinum member

The issue is trying to be seated and served if you had been playing twi-light golf in a group.
Old 07-04-2015, 10:33 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

Glenview is our backyard, so it is our "go to" place. Is it fine dining - no of course not, but when I am fed up with cooking, their food will do just fine. The servers are great, especially in the lounge area - Melissa, Heather and Star are excellent, very friendly and efficient. However, it is rather like a private club and if they know you they spend time with you. We walk in and our drinks are on the table almost before we sit down. I think it may be the original country club and the same people still frequent it nightly and, of course, if the wait staff know you they acknowledge you. I would assume it's the same at the other country club eateries. It takes a while to become a regular!

We have eaten in various places throughout the country and this is the norm, if the staff knows you they acknowledge you, you are their bread and butter. So if you want to fit in somewhere be pleasant, learn to say "thank you" and learn their names, a little courtesy goes a long way.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 07-04-2015, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
Contraire my friend, Contraire. I have had occasional good experiences although for the most part I believe that the CC Restaurants are mediocre and clearly golfer unfriendly. The subject of this Thread is the latter.
Old 07-04-2015, 11:01 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by newguyintv View Post
Contraire my friend, Contraire. I have had occasional good experiences although for the most part I believe that the CC Restaurants are mediocre and clearly golfer unfriendly. The subject of this Thread is the latter.
The large group I referred to was 12 golfers at Evans Prairie, no reservation, so I haven't experienced the "golfer unfriendly" aspect mentioned. Which raises the obvious question---why would a restaurant at a country club that pushes through over 300 tee times/day be unfriendly to what would appear to be their core clientele? Makes little sense to single out golfers as a group to treat badly, not that any business should be treating its customers badly.
Old 07-04-2015, 04:40 PM

I'm the originator of this thread and I do think the issue is that it's not between 4:30 and 6:00pm. They finish the rush hour and start to clean up, expecting to be out the door at 9:00. In my experience as a former waitress, clean up got started before everyone left, IF POSSIBLE, but usually, we were at least 30 minutes after closing finishing up. Customers come first, period. Twilight golfers are making them work a little bit later and we are resented for that.
Old 07-04-2015, 04:50 PM
Sage

That's certainly possible, in which case the managers should get a handle on it. Even the servers should realize they get 0 tips on clean up, but can make some extra $$ serving, even if it is a bit late----maybe they should take turns serving the twilight group while the others continue the clean up process. The best steak I ever had, with great service was 2 years ago on our preview plan at Cody's LSL walking in at 8:50 on a weeknight. So it can be done. I'd bring the complaint to the manager, and if no satisfaction, the owner.
Old 07-04-2015, 06:30 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Try going into any restaurant or retail store just before closing. Then wander up and down the aisles aaimlessly. Some of those employees are paying extra for babysitters or have been on their feet For hours.
Old 07-05-2015, 08:50 AM
Platinum member

Our twilight group of 16 has had great after-golf dining experiences at Cane, Mallory and Bonifay. I feel bad for the servers on a rain-out night when everyone runs in from the courses at the same time. Patience and a little empathy for them goes a long way.
Old 07-22-2015, 11:44 AM

My name is John, I am a server at Evans Prairie, and I would like to invite all twilight golfers to come and see if we can't treat you properly over at Evans Prairie. I work Fri, Sat, Sun, Mon, and Tues nights, call ahead and ask for me if you will! We welcome Twilighters. But at the same time Twilighters can be difficult as well. I had a larger group come in pretty much all at once as they sometimes do and had two - three people each trying to give me their complete order at the same time, just the other night, and when I stopped them to tell them I was unable to take three orders simultaneously I had a guy stand up and walk out on me. And I feel terrible about that still, but I'm not sure I'm the one that was having the bad day that day. If you come in and are served by me, my promise to you is that I'll be much more interested in properly serving you than cleaning up to get done with work.
ps, I read a post from someone in this thread about Evans Prairie, and I will try to figure out how to reply to you and see if I can't help you find satisfaction with EP. EP has been going thru some management changes due to promotions, and most recently our GM was involved in a serious accident, so we have had some issues we are/have been overcoming
Closed Thread

Tags
clubs, country, rushed, case, golfers, full-timers, butter, community, bread, personal, appreciation, show, consumer, audience, captive, business, belief, belle, glade, walked, service, bonifay, horrible, glenview, snow-bird

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.