Daryl's diner

Closed Thread
Old 06-15-2015, 01:26 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,354 Times in 2,392 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrscrimefighter View Post
Yes, I believe there is a Cane Garden thread. I was simply answering a question posted on this thread asking if anyone had tried Cane Garden. Please understand understand that it was not intended to hijack this thread.
Don't worry............threads are hijacked all the time.
Old 06-15-2015, 02:48 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

Might want to give Rae Rae's on 441 just north of the junction with 25A or Blooms on main st in Leesburg

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 06-15-2015, 03:49 PM

[QUOTE=l2ridehd;1074491]There are only two places around for a decent quick and reasonable breakfast. Both are a bit on the unsavory side, but they open early, food is served hot and fast and is always good. Fruitland Park Cafe on 441 just South of 466a and Wildwood Coffee House on the corner of where 466a hits 301.

I don't think I would use the word unsavory for Fruitland Park Cafe. Every time we eat there it's like eating in your favorite Aunt's kitchen.

Found it a warm and friendly place.
Old 06-15-2015, 08:46 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYGUY View Post
I think Rae Rae's on 441 (between 466 and 466A) is the best breakfast you can find around The Villages!!
Agree

Old 06-16-2015, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hulahips View Post
We just discovered this diner this morning on 441 heading north after mattress firm in advanced auto shopping plaza. We were so excited being from NY and missing our diners. Now I will critique it but keep in mind everyone is different. I was in mood for a vegetarian omelet. Their omelets do not come with cheese (hmm) it was $8.50 for omelet with two ingred such as pepper and onion and 50cents for each additional ingred. So I decided to settle for a turkey BLT. The crust of bread was burned, too much mayo (but that's just me). It was just OK. Now hubby loves breakfast and said he didn't care for the sausage, but again food is subjective and others may like it. His opinion was it was just OK. We did have other issues like he never got the grits he ordered, his eggs were not cooked the way he ordered etc but we didn't complain as he was starving after his endoscopy this morning. This is the diner that is coming to pinellas so will be interesting to see what others think. We don't rate as bad but don't rate as great either. The waitress said its his 8th diner and he is doing very well
Darrels Diner in Pinellas Plaza - great food but the could use a hostess to make sure the wait staff knows what table are theirs...
Old 06-16-2015, 02:57 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,022 Times in 454 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by l2ridehd View Post
... For some unknown reason places in The Villages can't seem to figure it out. Most have the grills to hot so eggs get crisped on the edges, ...
Mmmmm... crispy edges on fried eggs... good.
Old 06-16-2015, 06:56 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecuadog View Post
Mmmmm... crispy edges on fried eggs... good.
I agree, crispy edges on friend eggs are great and old style diner food. Of course we come from PA where they cooked with lard which made everything taste better....now it's all about healthy eating.....and all the good food is going away...lol

Old 06-16-2015, 06:57 PM
Sage

The corn beef was good but not awesome. It's diner food.

What did impress me was that everyone sits on a chair, no booths. Even the counter has table height chairs, no stools.

Honest Johns also has good food but not awesome. I noticed how high the stools are at the bar and at many of the tables. I guess it's easier to serve at typical counter height and you can fit more customers with fixed stools and booths.
Old 06-16-2015, 07:11 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,562 Times in 508 Posts

My wife and I ate there twice for breakfast in the last couple of weeks; really good food - scrambled eggs well done and crispy hash browns really make the breakfast.
Old 06-16-2015, 10:09 PM

Seems like they are getting it more together when there are a lot of people. Angie has waited on us a few times and she is very efficient. Service is still a little slow for short order but still faster than when they opened, plus are we really in that much of a hurry??
The food is good. I don't like & my stomach doesn't either, the margarine they put on their toast so, I always ask for it plain with some butter on the side. Other than that.......I believe that Daryl's is a good addition to the neighborhood. Cheap, good and hopefully in time: fast!
Old 07-02-2015, 12:53 PM
Veteran member

our first time there today-service good,clean,not a long wait for food-quality was ok but nothing special-I like the hash better at Son Rise
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.