Disappointed at Bonifay

Closed Thread
Old 05-14-2016, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdawg View Post
Where is this restaurant.
Actually it's called 'Sonrise cafe' located at 3469 Wedgewood lane in the Southern trace Shopping Plaza. We have only been their for Breakfast so cannot vouch for Lunch, I believe their closed in the evening. As I said before Good Food, Great Service and reasonable prices but NOT Country Club Dining.
Old 05-14-2016, 11:40 AM
Gold member

Rae Rae's is hard to beat!! Outstanding food, but expect a wait. It is a small family owned operation that takes pride in serving excellent home cooked food. The biscuits are worth the trip alone.

They are located on 441 between 466 and 466A. on the West side of the road. Small place, you may miss it the first drive by. Look for the crowd though. They are only open for breakfast, I think.

We do enjoy Darrell's. Sometimes service is slow, but they have good food, fair prices and We see lots of refills on the coffee, sodas, tea etc.
Old 05-14-2016, 11:43 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Bob Evans is hard to beat for Breakfast. Their big breakfast has eggs, choice of meat, potatoes or wonderful crepes with fruit. Excellent food and wonderful service.
Old 05-14-2016, 11:58 AM
Sage

I use to love buffet's but only if they had an omelette station. I always found the pancakes to be less than appealing, if they have been on the tray warmer too long, ( makes a good discus). Making your own waffle is the best way to go.

I try to stay away from buffets, as I tend to eat too much and never have lunch. I'm good to go until dinner.

I tend to love breakfast only if it is served fresh but that's me.

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 05-14-2016, 02:00 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Disappointed at Bonifay

We haven't been to Bonifay in over a year but our experience wasn't as bad as others here post. Perhaps they've changed. My only beef was with the hostess who on several and all occasions had an attitude the size of Cincinnati.
Old 05-14-2016, 02:11 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickeyD View Post
We haven't been to Bonifay in over a year but our experience wasn't as bad as others here post. Perhaps they've changed. My only beef was with the hostess who on several and all occasions had an attitude the size of Cincinnati.
I am curious as to how she displayed this attitude? I remember once going to a big name department store in a large city and instead of "May I help you", the salesperson behind the counter said "Yeah, whattdyawant?". It made me blink.

I am a little disinclined to be a fan of several of the restaurants owned by the same company because of three or four disappointing meals.
Old 05-14-2016, 02:14 PM
Sage

I don't like Bonifay and Evans Prairie as well as I like Cane Garden and Mallory. Everyone has their own tastes.
Old 05-14-2016, 03:25 PM

best breakfasts and golf cart accessible:
Golden Corral for buffet
Perkins (fabulous five, magnificent seven, [ask for it] is not on menu)
Cane Garden
Bob Evans

Last edited by Whatever; 05-14-2016 at 03:29 PM. Reason: ...
Old 05-14-2016, 03:38 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I am curious as to how she displayed this attitude? I remember once going to a big name department store in a large city and instead of "May I help you", the salesperson behind the counter said "Yeah, whattdyawant?". It made me blink.

I am a little disinclined to be a fan of several of the restaurants owned by the same company because of three or four disappointing meals.

Well, she was an older woman dressed very nicely but she didn't smile and seemed like she didn't want to be there and actually acted snobby. We asked for a booth, she took us to one next to the kitchen doors even though only two booths were occupied at the time. When I asked her for a different table she snatched the menus off the table, turned in a huff never looking at us and quickly walked to another on the opposite side of the seating with us trailing behind trying to catch up. She tossed the menus on our new table and asked us very curtly " is this good enough ? " I looked to my wife and said " yes, it'll be fine". She spun 180 on one foot and marched off to her podium Again, barely acknowledging we had just spoke. The waitress was very pleasant but we'll never forget the podium dragon lady.
Our succeeding visits weren't as disturbing but they weren't at all very pleasant.
Old 05-14-2016, 03:44 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickeyD View Post
Well, she was an older woman dressed very nicely but she didn't smile and seemed like she didn't want to be there and actually acted snobby. We asked for a booth, she took us to one next to the kitchen doors even though only two booths were occupied at the time. When I asked her for a different table she snatched the menus off the table, turned in a huff never looking at us and quickly walked to another on the opposite side of the seating with us trailing behind trying to catch up. She tossed the menus on our new table and asked us very curtly " is this good enough ? " I looked to my wife and said " yes, it'll be fine". She spun 180 on one foot and marched off to her podium Again, barely acknowledging we had just spoke. The waitress was very pleasant but we'll never forget the podium dragon lady.
Our succeeding visits weren't as disturbing but they weren't at all very pleasant.
That pretty much covers it. I agree she had an attitude. I thought I erased that whole post, cause it sounded kinda ugly to you. I didn't mean it to be challenging. Nucky, I am learning.

We have gone to Cane and to Mallory since we first came here and some of the servers are just so patient and so good at what they do and the food is always just fine there. We all have our favorites. I love the Pizza at Mallory and I love the Asian Chicken stir fry at Cane.

Last edited by graciegirl; 05-14-2016 at 03:51 PM.
Old 05-14-2016, 07:10 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dotti105 View Post
Rae Rae's is hard to beat!! Outstanding food, but expect a wait. It is a small family owned operation that takes pride in serving excellent home cooked food. The biscuits are worth the trip alone.

They are located on 441 between 466 and 466A. on the West side of the road. Small place, you may miss it the first drive by. Look for the crowd though. They are only open for breakfast, I think.

We do enjoy Darrell's. Sometimes service is slow, but they have good food, fair prices and We see lots of refills on the coffee, sodas, tea etc.
You can call ahead at Rae Rae's, and they will put you on a list.
Old 05-14-2016, 07:21 PM
Veteran member

Aren't Bonifay, Evans Prairie, Orange Blossom CC, and Belle Glade all under the same restauranteur?

I don't think it's a good idea to have that situation. If one goes mediocre, the others will offer the same mediocrity.
Closed Thread

Tags
bonifay, ahead, bacon, pancakes, waiting, make, top, supposed, told, place, people, eggs, thing, good, find, back, omelette, typical, villages, food, liquid, real, cooked, fillings, places

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.