Need recommendation near Eustis

Closed Thread
Old 04-28-2013, 07:27 PM
Default Need recommendation near Eustis

I have a group of 12 going to Historic State Theater in Eustis and wanted some ideas for a moderately priced restaurant that takes reservations either on the way to or near the theater. Any help would be greatly appreciated. We usually go to Hurricanes in Tavares because of the wide variety on the menu but it may be time to change things up a bit.
Old 04-28-2013, 08:18 PM
Sage

We always went to Hurricanes too. We changed it up last night and went to Outback Steak House in The Villages before the 8 p.m. show. There were 11 of us and they took reservations. We saw Dearly Departed and it was superb. We're going to try Cafe Gianni, Authentic Italian Cuisine, the next time we go. It is located at 31 E. Magnolia, Eustis. You get 10 percent off with your ticket from the Bay Street Players. Try it and let me know what you think.

What play are you going to see?
Old 04-28-2013, 10:57 PM

Going to see Dearly Departed but also have tickets for Hairspray. I think Italian might be a good choice. Will post review after dinner.
Old 04-29-2013, 07:19 AM
Sage

cherman338, I forgot to say welcome to Talk of The Villages to you earlier.

We loved Dearly Departed. It was the best play we've seen by there so far. I am looking forward to hearing about your experience and the Italian food. I hope the restaurant is good and you enjoy the play.

I love experiencing the wonderful things just outside TV. Have you been to the Orange Blossom Opry? We went on night to a jam session. It was amazing. The musicians are great and the show was very entertaining. A little long, but still very, very good.
Old 05-01-2013, 04:56 PM
Default Going to Cafe Gianni

Called to make reservations for 14 and I think it was the owner that I spoke to but if his professionalism and enthusiasm on the phone is any indication of the meal and experience we will have this coming Saturday night i am all in. He was so polite and welcoming and we haven't even gotten there yet. More to follow after the dinner and show.
Old 05-03-2013, 05:58 AM

Cafe Gianni is Wonderful and the owner can not do enough for you to make your evening Great. A Wonderful store next to Cafe Gianni is The Peddlers Wagon. If you go early to browse they serve you something to drink while you look. Soda or water or Peddlers Punch! Great Store!!!
Old 05-09-2013, 10:54 PM
Default Oysters/clams?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherman338 View Post
I have a group of 12 going to Historic State Theater in Eustis and wanted some ideas for a moderately priced restaurant that takes reservations either on the way to or near the theater. Any help would be greatly appreciated. We usually go to Hurricanes in Tavares because of the wide variety on the menu but it may be time to change things up a bit.
Try the oyster troff... in Eustis owned by the same family for years. But you must enjoy sitting at the bar, they shuck raw, and steam them. Also have a great seafood menu.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.