Eaton's Beach Sandbar & Grill (on Lake Weir)

Closed Thread
Old 10-31-2013, 06:18 PM
Default Eaton's Beach Sandbar & Grill (on Lake Weir)

Eaton's Beach Sandbar & Grill
on Lake Weir, Weirsdale, FL

Conveniently located just north of The Villages on the SE side of Lake Weir in Weirsdale, FL.

Our Mission: "To Be the Favorite of The People We Serve."

The Long Waits are Over!
Call Ahead Seating!
Live Music: Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays!

Eaton’s Beach is dedicated to providing top notch hospitality with a mouth-watering menu and a full service bar in a relaxing atmosphere. Award winning Chef Dave Del Rio has developed a “Florisiana™” menu inspired by both Florida and Louisiana cuisine. The Eaton’s Beach staff look forward to providing new memories for locals and visitors alike just as Jay Eaton envisioned nearly 90 years ago. Eaton’s Beach Sandbar and Grill is conveniently located just north of The Villages in Weirsdale, FL on Lake Weir.

Great Food+Great Drinks+Great Lake View=Amazing Experience @Eaton's Beach Sandbar & Grill!

Visit us Today:
15790 SE 134th Avenue
Weirsdale, FL 32195

Eaton’s Beach hours:
MON – THUR 11:00am – 9:00pm
FRI & SAT 11:00am – 10:30pm
SUN 10:30am – 9:00pm

Live Entertainment
in our Sandbar every:

THURS,FRI, SAT, SUN.

Call us at:
352-259-2444

Happy hour Mon-Fri 3-7pm!

Shuttle Bus service available for groups of 10-14 people. $5 per person roundtrip. Call to reserve your shuttle!

Catering your events on or off site. Club gatherings, Birthdays, we do it all. Call to talk to our Event Planner!

CLICK HERE TO VIEW MENU

CLICK HERE FOR WEBSITE!

PHOTO GALLERY

VISIT US ON FACEBOOK!

Last edited by Ad poster; 01-01-2021 at 03:16 PM.
Old 10-31-2013, 07:09 PM
Veteran member
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeetleBailey View Post
Has anyone tried the new restaurant on lake Weir?
They had a soft opening last night for contractors and employees. Not surer when they will open to public. you can get there from 42 or 25. Signs are in both places. It is an upscale gator joes.
Old 11-01-2013, 11:27 AM
Veteran member

I have several coworkers that went the last two nights and thoroughly enjoyed themselves. They said the sunset was fantastic.
Old 11-01-2013, 12:09 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,301 Times in 2,369 Posts

Looks Good!
https://www.facebook.com/EatonsBeach

Eaton's Beach Sandbar & Grill | Sandbar & Grill on Lake Weir, Weirsdale, FL.
Old 11-01-2013, 12:37 PM

Great view, good drinks, okay food that we had. A little pricey.
Old 11-01-2013, 03:47 PM
Sage

I looked up menu, got nice discriptions but no prices.
Old 11-01-2013, 04:15 PM
Veteran member

We went there today for lunch. Excellent food! Wait staff seems very organized. The gumbo soup is to die for!! A bowl of this could be a meal. Great views. My husband had the shrimp creole and I had the fried chicken. This place is a MUST to try. Easy to get to. They give directions on their website. I didn't notice a house salad and the coleslaw serving was just a "taste". I could be wrong about the house salad. We will definitely return!!!!

New Jersey,
New York
Germany,
California
Northern MN,
The Villages
Next stop?
Old 11-01-2013, 05:22 PM
Veteran member

I have eaten at several Tampa Bay area restaurants where Chef Dave Del Rio ran the kitchen ... all had excellent food.

Most notably, Del Rio’s Cafe. Which is were he refined his Cuban/Spanish/Creole fusion style. His Gumbo rivals Mulate's in NOLA!
Old 11-03-2013, 07:36 PM
Veteran member

Had dinner there last night with my far, far too good look'en GF for me.

Nice place. Well done up scale, Fla cracker, fish camp kinda motif. Nice indoor and outdoor dining areas with small'ish indoor bar area. Down stairs is a large outdoor bar that was a pretty happening scene with a band playing. BIG beach area on the lake with floating docks large enough for 20 25 boats to tie off.

Service was good and the staff was trying hard ... for their 4th day they are off to a good start.

Decent beer selection (they did New Belgium Fat Tire on tap) but considering they had $80.00 bottles of Champagne on the menu, I thought the beer selection would/should have more craft and micro brew selections.

Food was VERY good! Excellent smoked fish dip (Mahi & Wahoo) for starter. GF & I shared a bowl of gumbo (it was every bit as good as Del Rio's Cafe I mentioned above) and Shrimp-n-Grits ... very, very good. Even though we were stuffed (nice sized portions of all 3 of the above) ... we simply could not resist trying the Sunset Orange Cake and it was outstanding! with a wonderful fresh orange flavor.

Entree prices are in the $12 - 20.00 range. For the quality and portion, I think they are very fairly priced.

Both owners came around and chatted us up in a genuine kinda way .... both nice guys and I wish them well ... I think they will.

I can assure you that we will be back and taking friends with us!
Old 02-13-2014, 11:31 PM
Default Eaton's, Lake Weir

Went there tonight with friends. Had an EXCELLENT meal, great pomegranate martini, and our waitress, Megan, was one of the best waitresses we've had anywhere. She was professional, friendly and had a great sense of humor, besides being attentive. Will definitely go back. Oh, and the sunset was spectacular. Would love to go back when it's warm enough to sit outside. They do have the heatlamps outside and there were people sitting outside on the porch. Not brave enough to try that tonight.
Old 02-14-2014, 04:01 AM

Just heard recently of this restaurant. Review was pretty good. Not far from The Villages off 42
Old 02-14-2014, 06:29 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Its a lovely place to eat, on the water. We especially like it when the weather is warmer.
Old 02-14-2014, 12:24 PM

Went there Tuesday night. Four in our party. Arrived at 5:00pm and were seated immediately. It was 15 minutes before we were waited on and other 20 minutes before the drinks arrived. Had to ask for silverware. When food arrived, on 3 dinners came and had to wait 10 minutes for the fourth meal.
The server was very friendly, but the service was still terrible. Never came around to see if we needed anything. Two couples came in about 15 minutes after we did, and had their drinks, dinner and paid the bill and left before we got our dinners.
The food was very good, and will give it another chance, but they need some serious work with there servers.
Old 02-14-2014, 04:29 PM
Veteran member

Have to try their special Bloody Mary. Though not much of a hard liquor drinker, thought this was one of the best Bloody Mary I had in some time. Nice place. Hope to return when the weather gets warmer and perhaps watch ladies beach volley ball like in CA. Dreaming? Perhaps
Old 02-14-2014, 04:50 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,301 Times in 2,369 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dp000 View Post
Went there Tuesday night. Four in our party. Arrived at 5:00pm and were seated immediately. It was 15 minutes before we were waited on and other 20 minutes before the drinks arrived. Had to ask for silverware. When food arrived, on 3 dinners came and had to wait 10 minutes for the fourth meal.
The server was very friendly, but the service was still terrible. Never came around to see if we needed anything. Two couples came in about 15 minutes after we did, and had their drinks, dinner and paid the bill and left before we got our dinners.
The food was very good, and will give it another chance, but they need some serious work with there servers.
What did management say?

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.