Ernest Hemingway's at Havana

Closed Thread
Old 04-22-2014, 05:21 PM

Now,Now Boys and Grils ..................................
Old 04-23-2014, 02:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaPaLarry View Post
Oh Wow!!! This area not the Lopez place????? (Don't really know what that means?) I always thought, you get what you pay for!! Maybe I'm wrong.
i meant the prices at LOPEZ should not be the prices at hemmingway....it is hemmingway..NOT LOPEZ!!! not too many rich people live near havanna....but they sure DO in lopez!!! it like comparing a hilton hotel with a motel 6 !!!!
Old 04-23-2014, 08:21 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,301 Times in 2,369 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie01 View Post
i meant the prices at LOPEZ should not be the prices at hemmingway....it is hemmingway..NOT LOPEZ!!! not too many rich people live near havanna....but they sure DO in lopez!!! it like comparing a hilton hotel with a motel 6 !!!!
What?
Old 04-23-2014, 08:35 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:

Annie? I am kind of surprised and puzzled at your post. It is interesting to live here awhile and meet some very wealthy folks who don't look wealthy and some very not so wealthy folks who look wealthy. One way or another, most of us can pay for a "nice" meal every once in awhile AND we all live like the Gatsbys in this beautiful place with golf and tennis and polo and painting and music and all of the trappings of wealth available to all of us here in The Villages. (NO. I don't work for Gary Morse).

I think Annie, you haven't gone across the street from Havana to some mighty spiffy looking places south of 466A and the ones right around the country club are not shabby either. HECK, nothing is shabby here. I see your Lopez and raise you one Havana.

Last edited by graciegirl; 04-26-2014 at 05:31 AM.
Old 04-23-2014, 09:18 AM
Sage

Annie, I think you should check your spelling of one of the most famous people of all time: his name is Hemingway, not Hemmingway.
And trust me, the area near Havana is swarming with rich people.
Ecclesiasites 3:12
Old 04-23-2014, 09:27 AM

Clearly the people "down south" are wealthier because they could afford the higher new home prices in the south.

Seriously, when did this become a discussion of relative wealth instead of the restaurant? Any additional restaurant with good food, service and ambience is good for all of us, whether we live north or south in TV.
Old 04-23-2014, 03:43 PM
Veteran member
Send a message via Yahoo to MelZ

Wife and I had lunch their today, yes Decor was basically the same but that's OK because we liked it before. Service was excellent and menu was very interesting. Wife had Shrimp and Cheese grits and I had the crab cake sandwich. Both were excellent as were the homemade potato chips that came with our drinks.

Yes it's more expensive than fast food but I am willing to pay for quality food made with fresh ingredients. Place was packed at luncn time with very few empty tables.

We will happily eat there again
Old 04-23-2014, 04:10 PM
Gold member

We just came from happy hour there. Do they give you chips or only with a meal?
Old 04-23-2014, 04:11 PM
Sage

Quote:
Where have you been? Surely not in The Villages.
Old 04-23-2014, 09:23 PM
Veteran member

This thread is about a restaurant. The change in direction makes me sad. We are a classless society here, and all can enjoy all amenities as well as restaurants, no matter where you live. Everyone can enjoy better quality dinners as well as the wonderful specials offered by our restaurants. And so can our friends residing outside TV. Back to topic please.
Old 04-24-2014, 07:44 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by simpkinp View Post
This thread is about a restaurant. The change in direction makes me sad. We are a classless society here, and all can enjoy all amenities as well as restaurants, no matter where you live. Everyone can enjoy better quality dinners as well as the wonderful specials offered by our restaurants. And so can our friends residing outside TV. Back to topic please.
Old 04-25-2014, 06:50 PM
Veteran member

I couldn't wait to eat at Havana's when I started my newbie tour of all the country club restaurants. Unfortunately, I was bitterly disappointed. Skip forward to now and I am THRILLED to hear all these good things about Hemingway's and am really looking forward to eating there. Yippee!
Old 04-26-2014, 12:21 PM
Default Hemingway

The first time I came to Havana
with guests. The food was awful the waitress was slow and rude. I contacted management and they did not return phone call. I never went back
So today the women's LUNCHEON..New name 8th Hemingway
Reservations were made for outside seating for 15 ladies and we were told; no tables outside were available
We could not sit together!! NOT IMPRESSED
Old 04-26-2014, 02:53 PM
Sage
Default Hemingway at Havana

After 5 years, I had a meal so good at Havana today and it brought big smile to my face. Finally, they have a cook that knows how to cook.

If today was an example of the new Havana. County Club, I am all in. It is about damn time.

Last edited by Moderator; 04-27-2014 at 08:26 AM. Reason: merged two posts
Old 04-26-2014, 03:09 PM
Veteran member

Reservations? When I asked they told me they do not take any reservations at this time.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.