Evans Prairie

Closed Thread
Old 09-19-2013, 07:51 PM

Good food, good bar, , nice staff , friendly management, nicely decorated. Only complaint was flies in outside dining area. Hope they resolved this.
Old 09-19-2013, 09:16 PM
Sage

Second the post on the manager being visible and customer oriented. Was there during a long power outage and he came right out with an apology, free drinks and kept us posted on efforts to get the power back on.
Old 09-20-2013, 08:08 AM
Eternal Member

It's a great place !! They really care about their guests !! We always have wonderful service and the food is delicious. Some new things will be coming on the menu. Very excited to see what all will be on it !
Old 09-20-2013, 08:09 AM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by John95019 View Post
Good food, good bar, , nice staff , friendly management, nicely decorated. Only complaint was flies in outside dining area. Hope they resolved this.
Not much you can do about the flies during fly season.
Old 10-18-2013, 03:19 PM
Default Evans Prairie

Sharing the news that Evan's Prairie has a new lunch and dinner menu. Some of the favorites are still on both menus but a lot of great additions...check it out.
Old 10-19-2013, 02:20 PM
Veteran member

We went there for the first time today. Beautiful view but thought the menu was too limited for us. Also, they were out of Yuengling beer on a Saturday at lunch, which we thought odd. The computer paper kept jamming for receipts. Hubby asked for no tomatoe or lettuce, but got them anyway. His drink was mostly ice. So... I'd say overall it was OK, but a bit disappointing. Would stop again for a martini though.
Old 10-19-2013, 02:29 PM
Sage

Hey, don't give up on EP. the manager is a great customer service guy, so if anything isn't up to snuff, ask for him.
Old 10-19-2013, 04:25 PM

We went there the other night to listen and dance to Bobby Tate. We wanted to sit at one of the high tables near the dance area but were told there was no food service there. We said that we would only have drinks then. Few minutes after being seated the waiter brought us the new menus. It did not have the wrap we have been getting there for the last two months, mentioned this to the waiter and he returned in a few minutes tellin us he could get the wraps for us (which are normally a lunch item). Would definetely recommend going there.
Old 10-19-2013, 08:57 PM
Sage
Default Not sold on new menu

We went to Evans Prairie tonight for dinner and forgot they implemented their new menu. I was excited to see it. I must admit I was pretty disappointed. My mouth was watering for their shredded pork sandwich and my husband always gets the country fried chicken. However, when we opened up the menu neither was there. We were also going to order the onion rings but they were gone too. We ended up getting the schrooms which were good as always. So we went to plan B. Hubby ordered the stuffed chicken breasts and I the citrus chicken sandwich. We were both disappointed. I couldn't taste any flavoring in my sandwich and my husbands chicken breast had the exact same crust as the schrooms and the same filling. His Brussel sprouts were heavily coated in garlic, which he couldn't eat and the mashed potatoes were very dry and heavy. Needless to say he didn't eat much of his meal. We did address the meal with the manager and he was very apologetic and said he appreciated the feedback to he could tell the chef. He did take it off our bill and gave us a dessert to share, on the house. We eat at Evans Prarie about once a week and it is one of our favorites. However, with the menu change we will probably go more for lunch and not dinner. They took away the pub like food and replaced it with more upscale food. We kinda figured it was to increase the prices since the snowbirds were returning. We asked the manager why the menu change and he said they have been open for a year and it was time to change the menu. He said they were trying to make the place more upscale. They also took away a lot of the sandwiches. Here's another thing he told us, if you see something on the lunch menu that you want for dinner, except the flat breads, they will make it for you. I had told our server I wanted the pork sandwich, which was on the lunch menu, and she never offered it to me for dinner. I told,the manager that and he said he would inform the staff that lunch items were also available for dinner. I will definitely go back to Evans Prairie but most likely for lunch. The menu change was not in their favor, in my opinion.
Old 10-19-2013, 11:42 PM

Sweet potato fries gone, buffalo chicken sandwich dry, bun stale. Upscale? I'd say typical mostly fried bar food, like most of what is available in TV. The food in TV does not live up to the healthiest home town image. If you are vegan you are about out of luck. Want a good bean burger? Forget it.
Old 10-20-2013, 05:26 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

I like Evans Prairie very much. They served over thirty of us from our Village without hassle. The food is good and certainly not expensive.

I say that if the new menu isn't working for you, tell the manager. He seems to have his fingers on the pulse.
Old 10-20-2013, 06:11 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbmaclean View Post
If you are vegan you are about out of luck.
We find a few things at almost all the restaurants, (I don't mean a salad) may have to ask or tell them what you want and how to make it to your liking.
Old 10-20-2013, 08:14 AM

If you are at Evan's for dinner and wish to see the new lunch menu they will absolutely provide it for you. They have kept some of the old menu items and added new items. It's a great restaurant and very willing to adjust to your specific needs. It is also one of the few country club restaurants that welcomes the golfers with open arms. They will seat the golfers even if some of their party is still on the green playing. Evan's love the Village residents and is happy to accommodate.
Old 10-20-2013, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbmaclean View Post
. . . Want a good bean burger? Forget it.
TGI Friday's has a great bean burger!!!
Old 10-20-2013, 08:33 AM
Veteran member

None of the restaurants insde the bubble are all that good service food quality and especially prices are good . Why pay 6 to 7 dollars for a beer I dont even bother eating out here anymore.

Last edited by DDoug; 10-20-2013 at 10:59 AM.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.