Evans Prairie C.C. really bad

Closed Thread
Old 03-16-2017, 08:57 PM
Default Evans Prairie C.C. really bad

Went to Evans this evening for dinner with visiting family.
We were so embarrassed could not wait to get out of there.
Felt sorry for the servers..it's not their fault. The food was terrible!!! Ordered a bowl of soup that looked and tasted like the bottom of the pot!!! they have lost it!!!
The rest of our dinners were awful at best. Time for a change.Bye Bye Evans!!
Old 03-17-2017, 07:28 PM
Bosoxfan

The Country Clubs down south of 466a are mediocre at best. Too bad , nice venues not being operated properly.
Old 03-17-2017, 08:38 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,562 Times in 508 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by baileysdad View Post
Went to Evans this evening for dinner with visiting family.
We were so embarrassed could not wait to get out of there.
Felt sorry for the servers..it's not their fault. The food was terrible!!! Ordered a bowl of soup that looked and tasted like the bottom of the pot!!! they have lost it!!!
The rest of our dinners were awful at best. Time for a change.Bye Bye Evans!!
So, to clarify, it's the restaurant? Whew! I'm glad it's not the golf course; every championship course is in pretty good shape now; didn't want another 50 page firestorm to start up as to why we don't have Bay Hill or Torrey Pines or Augusta conditions at every course.

Sorry for your dinner. Most everyone that deals with the demanding public here is probably starting to get worn out and doing their best to weather the storm for the next few weeks.
Old 03-18-2017, 10:07 AM

Went to Nancy Lopez for wife' birthday the calamari was the worst i have ever had it was burnt so bad that the biggest piece was the size of a penny, and they were known for the best at one time,and the salad was so old we did not eat it. Another good restaurant gone down hill.Never going back,time to eat out of the bubble.
Old 03-18-2017, 10:09 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,366 Times in 2,395 Posts

Never is a long, long time..............
Old 03-18-2017, 10:26 AM

It sure is a long time,but when you pay those price's for a meal it should taste good.And then to go home and be sick after trying a salad and not eating the rest.Well be my guest.
Old 03-18-2017, 10:30 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Do most residents in TV normally eat often at the Country Clubs? I've lived here fulltime for almost 6 years and only eaten at a country club 3 times.

Once at Mallory and I had the wings on a Monday that they advertise them as special. They were OK, not any better than Sonnys, when the wings came out they said the fries weren't ready, had to wait about 10 more minutes for fries. Paid more because they were all you can eat, but a dozen was all I could eat.

I ate once at Glenview on a Saturday following a softball game, got the $5 burger special. It was good but only came with chips. I remember we waited for like more than half an hour for the food.

Ate once at Cane Garden because I read on here the Meat Loaf was fantastic. We went for lunch and I had the meat loaf and my wife had the pizza, which was also recommended. The meatload was OK, maybe a little dry, my wife didn't think much of the pizza.

We found for local restaurants we like Giovanni's at Southern Trace for spaghetti. We like the pizza at Sammy Joe's in Mulberry Plaza. I love the lasagne at Olive Garden. I love the lunch fajitas at Fiesta Grande at Colony. I like the BBQ, especially pulled pork and wings at Sonnys. I like subs, steak or cold cut at Jersey Mikes. I like the pot roast at the new Bob Evans. I guess I'm a chain restaurant type of person mostly. I enjoy eating at Outback, Red Lobster, Olive Garden, Ruby Tuesday, Sweet Tomatoes and carryout pizza from Pizza Hut of Wildwood.

Last edited by John_W; 03-20-2017 at 08:55 AM.
Old 03-18-2017, 10:40 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,371 Times in 817 Posts
Default Restaurants

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
Do most residents in TV normally eat often at the Country Clubs? I've lived here fulltime for almost 6 years and only eaten at a country club 3 times.

Once at Mallory and I had the wings on a Monday that they advertise them as special. They were OK, not any better than Sonnys, when the wings came out they said the fries weren't ready, had to wait about 10 more minutes for fries. Paid more because they were all you can eat, but a dozen was all I could eat.

I ate once at Glenview on a Saturday following a softball game, got the $5 burger special. It was good but only came with chips. I remember we waited for like more than half an hour for the food.

Ate once at Cane Garden because I read on here the Meat Loaf was fantastic. We went for lunch and I had the meat loaf and my wife had the pizza, which was also recommended. The meatload was OK, maybe a little dry, my wife didn't think much of the pizza.

We found for local restaurants we like Giovanni's at Southern Trace for spaghetti. We like the pizza at Sammy Joe's in Mulberry Plaza. I love the lasagne at Olive Garden. I love the lunch fajitas at Fiesta Grande at Colony. I guess I'm a chain restaurant type of person mostly. I enjoy eating at Outback, Red Lobster, Olive Garden, Ruby Tuesday, Sweet Tomatoes and carryout pizza from Pizza Hut of Wildwood.
We eat at Hemingway's and Palmer frequently. We like Lopez but it is far. We used to eat at Glenview but it has gone down and we don't go there anymore. We go to Ocala once a week. We prefer the non chains. It is terrific that there are so many choices for everyone. Additionally, love Turners in Leesburg and Rose Plantation in Fruitland Park.
Old 03-18-2017, 10:44 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post

We found for local restaurants we like Giovanni's at Southern Trace for spaghetti. We like the pizza at Sammy Joe's in Mulberry Plaza. I love the lasagne at Olive Garden. I love the lunch fajitas at Fiesta Grande at Colony. I guess I'm a chain restaurant type of person mostly. I enjoy eating at Outback, Red Lobster, Olive Garden, Ruby Tuesday, Sweet Tomatoes and carryout pizza from Pizza Hut of Wildwood.
With the exception of Legacy and Havana, we find the "CC" meals to be quite mediocre-or less.
Old 03-18-2017, 10:49 AM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSR22 View Post
We eat at Hemingway's and Palmer frequently. We like Lopez but it is far. We used to eat at Glenview but it has gone down and we don't go there anymore. We go to Ocala once a week. We prefer the non chains. It is terrific that there are so many choices for everyone. Additionally, love Turners in Leesburg and Rose Plantation in Fruitland Park.
I have dined at Lopez many times and NEVER had a bad meal. Excellent consistently! I really like Cane Garden, Glenview, and Evans Prarie.

We have not been to Rose Plantation yet but Turner's in Leesburg is a gem!

Harry's in Ocala is a favorite, too.
Old 03-18-2017, 10:51 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,371 Times in 817 Posts
Default Restaurants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandtrap328 View Post
I have dined at Lopez many times and NEVER had a bad meal. Excellent consistently! I really like Cane Garden, Glenview, and Evans Prarie.

We have not been to Rose Plantation yet but Turner's in Leesburg is a gem!

Harry's in Ocala is a favorite, too.
In Ocala: Mesa de Notte, Carmines, Braised Onion Crafts Kitchen, Feta and an amazing Thai restaurant that I can not spell, and Yummy House.
Old 03-18-2017, 11:25 AM
Eternal Member

We like to go to Bonifay. They have some good food. We also like Cane Garden & Mallory. Good food, nice variety and the prices are good.
We go to Lopez sometimes with friends that want to go for a birthday, anniversary, etc. Too pricey to go there alot. Never had a bad meal there.
Glenview seems to be hit or miss.
Old 03-18-2017, 12:39 PM
Sage

Evans Prairies is hit or miss, was told by person"in the know", the kitchen is way to small to make a lot of from scratch entrees,they use a lot of pre-prepared dishes-we went there awhile ago & my wife sent whatever she ordered back--it looked like it was made days ago--just remembered, I sent back liver & onions-very tired dried out liver

If you don't like send it back--no do over --get a different dish
Old 03-18-2017, 02:47 PM
Platinum member

We like Mallory for "everyday" dining. Like their pizza better than Cane Garden. My mother likes the french onion soup. Pot roast is good. Always have had good service from wait staff.
Old 03-18-2017, 03:18 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Challenger View Post
With the exception of Legacy and Havana, we find the "CC" meals to be quite mediocre-or less.
try orange blossom, great view and the food is good also!
Closed Thread

Tags
evans, tasted, soup, ordered, terrible

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.