Evans Prairie C.C. really bad

Closed Thread
Old 03-18-2017, 04:46 PM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,313 Times in 546 Posts

You can get a poor meal at any restaurant. We are pretty easy to please and not "picky" about our food. However, if it is really bad I do not hesitate to let management know. Twice in 11 years (one in the so called bubble and the other in Ocala) we not only verbally told the manager on duty in Ocala we were very disappointed but also wrote them a letter. Results or not---notify management. Most of the time they will appreciate it.
Old 03-19-2017, 05:00 AM
Sage

Evans Prairie gets its pre made food from Gordon Food, Gordon Food has 4 levels of quality--they deliver rather large chicken breasts , which can be cut into at least filets

All of the country clubs related to Evans Prairie, serve the same basic food--you would be better off buying a frozen entree @ Publix and nuking it in the microwave--they do the same thing and pour warm gravy over it

And you don't risk a DUI after happy hour
Old 03-19-2017, 08:16 AM

We have been here full time over 6 years. We have lived in 3 Villages now and have experienced a lot of the restaurants all over The Villages. We now live in south part of our community south of 466A. I have said many times over the last few years that I did not understand why the let one company have the 3 country clubs down here. NO competition on pricing or quality of food at the 3 country clubs here. It kind of reminds me of the old Havana CC restaurant that was awful. They finally got them out and it is better now. I think the Villages should have a different company for each of the country club restaurants that are so close together. I sure do not understand why the let them have all 3 here. If they have Orange Blossom and Evans and that is all I guess that is okay but not ALL 3 sound of 466A.
Old 03-19-2017, 08:53 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

[QUOTE=justjim;1374560]You can get a poor meal at any restaurant. We are pretty easy to please and not "picky" about our food. However, if it is really bad I do not hesitate to let management know. Twice in 11 years (one in the so called bubble and the other in Ocala) we not only verbally told the manager on duty in Ocala we were very disappointed but also wrote them a letter. Results or not---notify management. Most of the time they will appreciate it.[/QUOTE]

EXACTLY how we feel. I just need to tell you that I so appreciate your common sense and polite posts full of information.
Old 03-19-2017, 12:02 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,366 Times in 2,395 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithreeputtoo View Post
We have been here full time over 6 years. We have lived in 3 Villages now and have experienced a lot of the restaurants all over The Villages. We now live in south part of our community south of 466A. I have said many times over the last few years that I did not understand why the let one company have the 3 country clubs down here. NO competition on pricing or quality of food at the 3 country clubs here. It kind of reminds me of the old Havana CC restaurant that was awful. They finally got them out and it is better now. I think the Villages should have a different company for each of the country club restaurants that are so close together. I sure do not understand why the let them have all 3 here. If they have Orange Blossom and Evans and that is all I guess that is okay but not ALL 3 sound of 466A.
Maybe there have no other takers........................
Old 03-20-2017, 08:19 PM
Veteran member

I'm sorry to hear they have gone downhill. I like ambience and many of the workers. I noticed their prices have gone up quite a bit and they discontinued all the loyalty programs. Too bad. They need something to draw in customers
Old 03-21-2017, 06:47 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,310 Times in 824 Posts

This outfit has done a disservice to us residents. The quality has steadily gone down, prices gone up, while creating a mini monopoly. Customer loyalty program gone. Is that not an oxymoron? If enough of us boycott their 4 establishments change will occur. I suggest trying Arnold Palmers or Tierra Del Sol as country club restaurants. Havana had it's problems a while ago but has made a comeback under new management. The difference in quality, price, and service will be plenty noticeable.
Old 03-21-2017, 06:16 PM
Platinum member

I would never pay high prices for pre-made food reheated in the microwave. You do get what you will settle for and there will be no change.
Old 03-22-2017, 11:12 AM

I had visions of eating at. Our beautiful country clubs several times a week before we moved here. The group that has the stranglehold monopoly on Orange Blossom, Evans Praire, etc. has killed that dream. Frozen entrees are just not good enough for a country club!.
We live on the north end, so Hacienda and Lopez are the ones we choose when we do go to a country club, which isn't as often as we would like. The service is slow and Hacienda has discontinued all our favorite items from their menu (they used to make the best smoked fish dip appetizer and an amazing stuffed Dover sole entree). Glenview and Tierra del Sol are highly variable.
Fortunately, we have found restaurants we enjoy -- Koyame, Sams St. John, Oakwood BBQ, Cody's and Red Sauce. Amerikanos is pretty good, but their taziki sauce is awful, so kind of negates the main reason to go their (greek food)!. Oh, and the Mexican restaurant across from the post office - can't recall their name, but their enchilata sauce is outstanding!

Old 03-22-2017, 11:39 AM
Sage

I wonder what happens to those residents surveys we fill out every year. Several years ago mine said mistake letting one concessionaire have 33% of the country club restaurants. But then again I also wrote why in the world would you put Katie Belle's on the second floor in a retirement community. Does anybody go there anymore on a regular basis? That's another thread.
Old 03-22-2017, 12:01 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,371 Times in 817 Posts
Default Katie Belles

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyp View Post
I wonder what happens to those residents surveys we fill out every year. Several years ago mine said mistake letting one concessionaire have 33% of the country club restaurants. But then again I also wrote why in the world would you put Katie Belle's on the second floor in a retirement community. Does anybody go there anymore on a regular basis? That's another thread.
We were there last night for a 6 course Italian dinner with wine pairings created by Rocky from Rocky and the Rollers. There were over 200 people and the food was terrific. The band played after the food was served. A really fun evening.
Old 03-22-2017, 01:00 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSR22 View Post
We were there last night for a 6 course Italian dinner with wine pairings created by Rocky from Rocky and the Rollers. There were over 200 people and the food was terrific. The band played after the food was served. A really fun evening.
This really needs another thread but in the context of The Big 4 Country Clubs - A good lunch at Katie Bell's was $5.99. My favorite was fish sandwich - a full fillet on a toasted hoagie bun with fries. Add a beer for $1.50. The FREE entertainment started at noon. It was where everyone took their company as OUR flagship. Where do you take your company now as The Villages flagship ? The Big 4 ?
Old 03-22-2017, 01:25 PM
Sage

The people who have taken over these restaurants had no background in the business. They're a group of doctors with tons of excess cash to burn. World of Beers & Hacienda -Dr. The 4 country clubs--Dr's

As long as people settle for junk, because its cheap-they get junk

Franchises such as World of Beer are great for a person with $$, the corp--gives you the game plan & you carry the ball to the bank
Old 03-22-2017, 01:35 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,042 Times in 369 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbrat View Post
The people who have taken over these restaurants had no background in the business. They're a group of doctors with tons of excess cash to burn. World of Beers & Hacienda -Dr. The 4 country clubs--Dr's

As long as people settle for junk, because its cheap-they get junk

Franchises such as World of Beer are great for a person with $$, the corp--gives you the game plan & you carry the ball to the bank

FMK Restaurants

Seems like an awful lot of restaurant industry experience to me.
Old 03-22-2017, 02:37 PM
Sage

WOB burgers on Monday for $5.00, are really good. I usually get the tavern fries, or some might call them steak fries.

Some lady ordered a chicken sandwich. It was actually two large pieces of chicken on separate buns. She could only finish half and took the other one home.

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Closed Thread

Tags
evans, tasted, soup, ordered, terrible

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.