Evans Prairie Restaurant

Closed Thread
Old 03-25-2017, 08:42 PM
Angry Evans Prairie Restaurant

My wife and I just walked out of Evans Prairie! The waiter was very pleasant and helpful in making our dinner selection. I ordered the Lime Chicken and she ordered the 4oz. Filet Mignon Dinner.

The food came out and it was stone cold! The vegetables, potatoes, chicken, everything stone cold. The waiter came and asked if there was a problem. We explained that everything was cold and he was obviously embarrassed. He took the dishes and said he was going to have a talk with the cook.

In about 5 minutes he brought both dishes back and apologized repeatedly. The dishes were very hot, but to our shock the food was still STONE COLD!! It was obvious that they had put the dishes in the microwave because the plates absorbed all the heat but food remained cold.

We explained to the young man that it was still cold. He was totally embarrassed and went and brought back the manager. He was very nice and also embarrassed. I put a piece of the cold broccoli in his hand and he was at a loss for words. I told him we were leaving and wanted to pay for the beer my wife had ordered. He said we owed him nothing and continued to apologize.

We are looking for good places to take our son and his family who will be visiting for 10 days at the end of the month. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

We will obviously not be going back to Evans Prairie!

Robert S.
Village of Hillsborough
Old 03-25-2017, 09:26 PM

Red Sauce

Palmer Country Club

Rose Plantation

Harry's in Ocala

Millers Ale House in Ocala

Chefs of Napoli

Check The Village Gourmet Club website for reviews

Lighthouse

Quest to play every golf hole in TV is 91 % complete
Old 03-25-2017, 09:50 PM
Platinum member

If you are looking for a Villages country club style place, I would go to Hemingway's, but it is more expensive if that is a concern.

Tags
cold, dishes, embarrassed, ordered, food

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.