Evergreen Buffet

Closed Thread
Old 07-16-2016, 09:03 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerryann View Post
When the cockroaches closed down the China Buffet in Southern Trace, the same thing happened. They "remodeled" the whole place and reopened. B

The place is still almost always empty.
While I know most all restaurants probably do have roaches I just would not be able to eat in one that has been reported to have a problem!
Old 07-17-2016, 04:38 AM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendyquat View Post
While I know most all restaurants probably do have roaches I just would not be able to eat in one that has been reported to have a problem!
wendyquat: I had the same thought yesterday after reading the posts. I'll bet every restaurant in the world has similar problems its the degree of attention to the matter that well...... matters.
Old 07-17-2016, 06:49 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendyquat View Post

To me, it's the extent of the problem and how they deal with it. If the owner knows, or should know, about it - but does nothing - that's a big problem for me. He/she doesn't care about their customers health.

For example, I won't frequent McDonalds at Colony Plaza. To be shut down twice in one year clearly reflects the owner's lackadaisical attitude toward cleanliness and public health.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 07-17-2016, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbussone View Post
To me, it's the extent of the problem and how they deal with it. If the owner knows, or should know, about it - but does nothing - that's a big problem for me. He/she doesn't care about their customers health.

For example, I won't frequent McDonalds at Colony Plaza. To be shut down twice in one year clearly reflects the owner's lackadaisical attitude toward cleanliness and public health.

I am certified in food safety and I can tell you that most home kitchens could not pass. McDonald's is extremely busy, I see customers as the dirty ones, leaving their trash on tables. I always see the manager constantly checking everything in the kitchen and the dining area.

Last edited by maureenod; 07-17-2016 at 07:56 AM.
Old 07-17-2016, 08:58 AM
Platinum member
Default problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
wendyquat: I had the same thought yesterday after reading the posts. I'll bet every restaurant in the world has similar problems its the degree of attention to the matter that well...... matters.
True, but some managers and owners do not want to pay for the proper pest control services needed to keep the critters down. All the cleaning in the world is not going to keep them out or kill the ones there.
Old 07-17-2016, 09:19 AM

Hurry up and use those coupons..& gift cards ... Well second thought don't worry about it, you will be grandfathered in... If you don't a believe me Just
Check with the Village Heath Care System... Their picture will be in the dictionary right beside "BAIT & SWITCH"
Old 07-17-2016, 10:03 AM
Veteran member

You mean those tasty little critters with a glaze and small legs were a problem?
My Uncle, bless is heart was on a troopship in 1917 going over to France etc. First World war. They cooked in large kettles and the cockroaches running across the ceiling would get steamed from the pots and fall in. My Uncle said some of the richer boys on board would throw their soup over the side and not eat. My Uncle and his outdoor friends who camped a lot, hunted a lot, simply took their spoon and flipped the cockroaches over the side. The others refused to eat. After a few days, the rich boys got in gear and flipped the cockroaches out as every one else was doing. End of true story.
Old 07-17-2016, 10:43 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by maureenod View Post
I am certified in food safety and I can tell you that most home kitchens could not pass. McDonald's is extremely busy, I see customers as the dirty ones, leaving their trash on tables. I always see the manager constantly checking everything in the kitchen and the dining area.

After being shut down twice, I would hope that they finally hired staff who know what they are doing. However, i won't be dining there.

Old 07-17-2016, 10:47 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbbbb View Post
You mean those tasty little critters with a glaze and small legs were a problem?

My Uncle, bless is heart was on a troopship in 1917 going over to France etc. First World war. They cooked in large kettles and the cockroaches running across the ceiling would get steamed from the pots and fall in. My Uncle said some of the richer boys on board would throw their soup over the side and not eat. My Uncle and his outdoor friends who camped a lot, hunted a lot, simply took their spoon and flipped the cockroaches over the side. The others refused to eat. After a few days, the rich boys got in gear and flipped the cockroaches out as every one else was doing. End of true story.

Your uncle was a very brave man, in more ways than one.

Old 07-17-2016, 11:46 AM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbussone View Post
It's called "What the Health FL" Mine is from the Apple App Store.

Does anyone know how often it gets updated?
Old 07-17-2016, 12:19 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
Does anyone know how often it gets updated?

If you look at the specifics of each report, the date of the report is noted at the beginning. The information on the app itself does not list a frequency with which the data is pulled. However, going through the various reports I see monthly changes. The app producer says they use FOIA requests to access the reports, unless an individual state makes reports public on a regular basis.

Old 07-17-2016, 01:27 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stdole View Post
Hurry up and use those coupons..& gift cards ... Well second thought don't worry about it, you will be grandfathered in... If you don't a believe me Just
Check with the Village Heath Care System... Their picture will be in the dictionary right beside "BAIT & SWITCH"
OH SNAP!
Old 07-17-2016, 01:34 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Ok, anyone swing by Pinellas today ? Is Evergreen closed or what...
Old 07-17-2016, 02:42 PM
Gold member

Bet a lot of you are still eating at Palmer Legend Country Club even though they were shut down in mid June of this year because of roaches.
Licensing Portal - Inspection Details
Old 07-17-2016, 02:43 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,343 Times in 519 Posts

Going to a buffet is like lake taking your pet to a dogie park
Never know what pathogens are lurking ..I avoid both

Tags
evergreen, buffet, equipment, closing, good

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.