Villages area restaurants

Closed Thread
Old 11-04-2013, 05:08 PM
Default Villages area restaurants

Have you noticed the poor quality of service at chain restaurants accessible to Villagers via golf cars? Bonefish on 466 is the latest example: our last visit definitely counted for two (first and last). Outback on 441 was a disastrous experience recently. Don't we as a group recognize a good dining experience or are we willing to default to these places for convenience?

We have about decided to get away from the 466 and 441/Spanish Springs chains in an attempt to discover good food and good service.

Restaurants a little farther away in Belleview, Ocala, Inverness, and Lake Panasoffkee seem to appreciate the business and work harderto deserve our patronage.

Jim in Hillsborough
Old 11-04-2013, 07:49 PM

We have always had good service at Carrabba's. At times there is a 2 hour wait so we never go there at the busy times.
Old 11-04-2013, 08:10 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,301 Times in 2,369 Posts

No.
Old 11-04-2013, 08:15 PM
Veteran member
Location: Chicago, Arlington Hgts, North Aurora, Il. TV since 2002!

We never have had a bad meal or poor service at Bonefish and have been going since they first opened. Any restaurant can have a bad night.
Old 11-05-2013, 06:54 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

[quote=jshriver801;774317]Have you noticed the poor quality of service at chain restaurants accessible to Villagers via golf cars?[/quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jshriver801 View Post
Bonefish on 466 is the latest example: our last visit definitely counted for two (first and last). Outback on 441 was a disastrous experience recently. Don't we as a group recognize a good dining experience or are we willing to default to these places for convenience?

We have about decided to get away from the 466 and 441/Spanish Springs chains in an attempt to discover good food and good service.

Restaurants a little farther away in Belleview, Ocala, Inverness, and Lake Panasoffkee seem to appreciate the business and work harderto deserve our patronage.

Jim in Hillsborough
No. What happened that was disastrous?
Old 11-05-2013, 07:12 AM
Veteran member

Since this is the only complaint I have ever heard or read about Bonefish, I'd say they are doing an excellent job. I should go there sometime.
Old 11-05-2013, 08:14 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker View Post
Since this is the only complaint I have ever heard or read about Bonefish, I'd say they are doing an excellent job. I should go there sometime.
Good food, good service. Noisy, though. But they're all noisy, at least the four that I've been to.
Old 11-05-2013, 08:57 AM
Eternal Member

Interesting. I've never heard a complaint about Bonefish. I love it there.
If the OP needs to eat outside the Villages, fine by me. I'm happy right here. Lots of great places right in the Villages !!
If I don't have to cook it, it's all good for me !
Old 11-05-2013, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jshriver801 View Post
Have you noticed the poor quality of service at chain restaurants accessible to Villagers via golf cars? Bonefish on 466 is the latest example: our last visit definitely counted for two (first and last). Outback on 441 was a disastrous experience recently. Don't we as a group recognize a good dining experience or are we willing to default to these places for convenience?

Jim in Hillsborough
I think it is great that you don't go back to Bonefish. Will make it a little less crowded when we go back to one of our favorite restaurants.
Old 11-05-2013, 10:03 AM
Sage

I don't think it's a plot. I think when a person gets poor service or food in the restaurants here, it's because here, like everywhere, good help is hard to find, and the servers are frazzled because of whining cheapskates who will not tip but are the most demanding and even mean to the workers.

Look at the life we have in TV thru their eyes, and you'd see thousands of people who ought to be darned thankful to have the peaceful, comfortable life we have here, but some are demanding, cheap, stingy, and bitter instead.
Old 11-05-2013, 10:03 AM
Veteran member
Location: Chicago, Arlington Hgts, North Aurora, Il. TV since 2002!

Quote:
Originally Posted by walterray View Post
I think it is great that you don't go back to Bonefish. Will make it a little less crowded when we go back to one of our favorite restaurants.
Old 11-06-2013, 11:42 PM

well said Ilovetv
Old 11-07-2013, 02:42 AM
Veteran member
Thumbs up

My favorite meal to make at home is "RESERVATIONS", I don't care where
Old 11-07-2013, 05:50 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovetv View Post
I don't think it's a plot. I think when a person gets poor service or food in the restaurants here, it's because here, like everywhere, good help is hard to find, and the servers are frazzled because of whining cheapskates who will not tip but are the most demanding and even mean to the workers.

Look at the life we have in TV thru their eyes, and you'd see thousands of people who ought to be darned thankful to have the peaceful, comfortable life we have here, but some are demanding, cheap, stingy, and bitter instead.
I think you are right.

Next time when any of us go out to eat. Take a little time to thank your server, stand up and be a KIND senior citizen.
Old 11-07-2013, 06:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovetv View Post

There is perhaps another explanation that gets to the heart of poor service issues. It's called training. Those restaurants who obviously take time and care to provide training programs for new employees seem to achieve superior results compared to places who have minimal to no training programs. As an example, my experience is that Lopez (for example) does a far superior job than do chains such as Carrabbas/Bonefish etc.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.