Evergreen Restaurant

Closed Thread
Old 10-02-2016, 04:18 AM
Email Reported As Spam

[QUOTE=REDCART;1299220]
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
Palmer's Lopez and Hemingway's are nothing to brag about..in my humble view... despite each having its respective price point . meaning one can be as easily disappointed at one place as another. price does not guarantee quality[/

You're absolutely correct. There may not be any fine dining in TV but would you at least concede that there are different tiers of restaurants in TV, and that it's likely that for some people Evergreen may not be in the top tier?
Hi REDCART:

Without sounding cynical I have always believed that it is not wise to go overboard on any issue given man's tendency toward error and given man's various levels of expectations. I also believe in Oscar Wilde's qüote (paraphase) "some know the price of everything and the value of nothing"

Its why you always get a difference of opinion in restaurant discussions on this forum.

My wife and I prefer to cook at home even sometimes when we are going out for the evening. We periodically accept invitations to dine with neighbors so as not to appear unsociable or to give us a treat. If you search spending in retirement years often you will read where an expert warns retirees that dining out often is a budget killer

To answer your question specifically I am rather surprised that given the demographics of this community that The Villages hasn't attracted better restaurateurs.

I opine others can decide
Old 10-02-2016, 03:01 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,306 Times in 866 Posts

[QUOTE=rubicon;1299286]
Quote:
Originally Posted by REDCART View Post

Hi REDCART:

Without sounding cynical I have always believed that it is not wise to go overboard on any issue given man's tendency toward error and given man's various levels of expectations. I also believe in Oscar Wilde's qüote (paraphase) "some know the price of everything and the value of nothing"

Its why you always get a difference of opinion in restaurant discussions on this forum.

My wife and I prefer to cook at home even sometimes when we are going out for the evening. We periodically accept invitations to dine with neighbors so as not to appear unsociable or to give us a treat. If you search spending in retirement years often you will read where an expert warns retirees that dining out often is a budget killer

To answer your question specifically I am rather surprised that given the demographics of this community that The Villages hasn't attracted better restaurateurs.

I opine others can decide
Most responses when discussing where to eat end up mostly a discussion of price. Better restuaraunts will require higher price points and even with the demographics they have probably realized thay won't have a daily steady flow of customers. We recently had a geat meal and atomosphere outside TV and the check without tip for the 4 of us was $148.00. I'm not convinced that price point will work in TV

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 10-02-2016, 04:02 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jima64 View Post
Terrible outlook about dining out. If you know the food is less than what you like, why go there.
Nothing terrible about that outlook. Don't you ever pick up fast food?
Old 10-12-2016, 11:04 AM
Sage

Its been 10 days since the last post about the Evergreen, has any had any good experiences there recently
Old 10-12-2016, 03:19 PM
Platinum member
Default No

Quote:
Originally Posted by outlaw View Post
Nothing terrible about that outlook. Don't you ever pick up fast food?
No I gave up on fast food some years ago feeling that the prep and handling left a lot to be desired.
Old 10-12-2016, 04:42 PM

I went there with my wife and found the food was good and hot. no problems of any kind.
Closed Thread

Tags
evergreen, hot, meals, mistake, change

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.