Evergreen Restaurant

Closed Thread
Old 09-26-2016, 08:22 AM
Default Evergreen Restaurant

Has anyone been to the new Evergreen Bar & Grill? I went there the other day after golf with seven other friends only one out of eight meals was hot, the other meals were only cool to warm and the portions small. Overall, I was not satisfied and feel the change was a mistake. To be fair the Chicken in the Rustic Pot was the hot one and flavorful. I will not be visiting the new Evergreen again.
Old 09-26-2016, 09:05 AM
Eternal Member

It's getting lots of good reviews on the Village Facebook pages.
Old 09-26-2016, 11:33 AM
Gold member

We went and although it was nicely redecorated the food was not that great. We will give it one more try before crossing off out list.
Old 09-26-2016, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hampton View Post
Has anyone been to the new Evergreen Bar & Grill? I went there the other day after golf with seven other friends only one out of eight meals was hot, the other meals were only cool to warm and the portions small. Overall, I was not satisfied and feel the change was a mistake. To be fair the Chicken in the Rustic Pot was the hot one and flavorful. I will not be visiting the new Evergreen again.
Our experience was the same. Food was not hot and was incredibly bland, even the hot and sour soup was not at all spicy. We were disappointed.
Old 09-26-2016, 10:13 PM

Went there this evening and were not disappointed. Food was well prepared and hot. Seasoning was more than appropriate for the dishes we ordered. Service was very good for this style of restaurant and we were quite pleased with the value we received.

Big city flavors? No. Above the pale for this area? I would say yes and we all agreed we will return soon.
Old 09-29-2016, 10:07 PM

There are some places you go to eat, and there are some places you go to have a meal......Evergreen is just to go get something to eat, you don't expect much and that's what you get.
Old 09-30-2016, 05:19 AM
Sage

If the food is not hot-it indicates its premade & is sitting under warming lights--if you're eating cookie cutter type items-it increases the chance of bland and not being warm

Last edited by Chatbrat; 10-02-2016 at 01:20 AM.
Old 10-01-2016, 10:53 AM
Default Evergreen

My Wife and I went yesterday for Dinner. Liked the buffet at first, but noticed a decline the last few months they were open. My impression of the new bar and grill is excellent. THe service was fast, and friendly. The appetizer we had was hot and very good. Our meals were top notch and very hot (temp), My wife had Pad Ti, and I had sesame chicken. Both our meals were very good. I will be back again. Its good to have a sit down oriental rest. close by.
Old 10-01-2016, 12:19 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbrat View Post
If the food is not hot-it indicates its pomade & is sitting under warming lights--if you're eating cookie cutter type items-it increases the chance of bland and not being warm

Maybe 'splain? And what is "pomade?"
Old 10-01-2016, 02:30 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villageswimmer View Post
Maybe 'splain? And what is "pomade?"
According to "Wiki: its ..... Pomade is a greasy, waxy, or a water-based substance that is used to style hair. Pomade gives the user's hair a shiny, slick appearance, and does not dry it out". So that's what is wrong with the food, used the wrong dressing!!!

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 10-01-2016, 03:12 PM
Platinum member
Default Settle for less?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyP View Post
There are some places you go to eat, and there are some places you go to have a meal......Evergreen is just to go get something to eat, you don't expect much and that's what you get.
Terrible outlook about dining out. If you know the food is less than what you like, why go there.
Old 10-01-2016, 03:30 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyP View Post
I tend to agree with KennyP. You might go to Nancy Lopez, Arnold Palmer or Hemingway at Havana to dine. Whereas you would go to Beef O'Grady''s or Perkins to eat. Nothing wrong with the original analogy. Each has its respective price point!
Old 10-01-2016, 04:00 PM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDCART View Post
I tend to agree with KennyP. You might go to Nancy Lopez, Arnold Palmer or Hemingway at Havana to dine. Whereas you would go to Beef O'Grady''s or Perkins to eat. Nothing wrong with the original analogy. Each has its respective price point!
Palmer's Lopez and Hemingway's are nothing to brag about..in my humble view... despite each having its respective price point . meaning one can be as easily disappointed at one place as another. price does not guarantee quality
Old 10-01-2016, 08:46 PM
Platinum member

[QUOTE=rubicon;1299072]Palmer's Lopez and Hemingway's are nothing to brag about..in my humble view... despite each having its respective price point . meaning one can be as easily disappointed at one place as another. price does not guarantee quality[/

You're absolutely correct. There may not be any fine dining in TV but would you at least concede that there are different tiers of restaurants in TV, and that it's likely that for some people Evergreen may not be in the top tier?
Old 10-02-2016, 01:19 AM
Sage

Typo--premade
Closed Thread

Tags
evergreen, hot, meals, mistake, change

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.