Sweet Tables Bakery in Wildwood

Closed Thread
Old 12-30-2013, 03:37 PM
Sage
Default Sweet Tables Bakery in Wildwood

Did this bakery ever open? Is it as good as everyone hoped and are they getting lots of Villages repeat customers on a semi-daily basis?
Old 12-30-2013, 04:37 PM
Gold member

I went there a few weeks ago. Not a lot of goodies. Mostly pies, pound cake, cheese cake and a couple of others. Only had a few loaves of bread. They do not bake donuts on the premises. Nice atmosphere, good coffee. I am sure when business picks up they will offer more. The lemon pound cake was excellent and the bread was good. I haven't been there since but will try it again to see if they offer more.
Old 12-31-2013, 01:22 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tainsley View Post
I went there a few weeks ago. Not a lot of goodies. Mostly pies, pound cake, cheese cake and a couple of others. Only had a few loaves of bread. They do not bake donuts on the premises. Nice atmosphere, good coffee. I am sure when business picks up they will offer more. The lemon pound cake was excellent and the bread was good. I haven't been there since but will try it again to see if they offer more.
Checked out their Website.....

Wanted to find out... Do they use.....
................................... Real Butter...
....................................Real Vanilla...
....................................Real Cane Sugar...etc...
.....no info on website regarding this...guess I could give them a call.
Old 01-01-2014, 11:20 PM

Haven't been myself but a friend said it was delish!
Old 01-02-2014, 09:50 AM
Sage

This past summer there was so much chat on here about this new business in Wildwood and how Villagers must support Wildwood so it can be a thriving extension of The Villages and a tourist destination.

Now, I see no support for this bakery. What gives?
Old 01-02-2014, 09:54 AM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggyone View Post
This past summer there was so much chat on here about this new business in Wildwood and how Villagers must support Wildwood so it can be a thriving extension of The Villages and a tourist destination.

Now, I see no support for this bakery. What gives?
I believe that member has left totv and has no idea you might be interested in the business - or what became of it.

Old 01-02-2014, 08:52 PM

i have been there and it was the best key lime tart i have ever tasted... GREAT stuff - spoke to the owner and he said that they were gonna have more breakfast items soon.. as soon as the detour off 466A is complete, they should have more business... TRY IT,,, YOU'LL LIKE IT!!!!!
Old 01-02-2014, 09:16 PM
Veteran member

and where is it located?
Old 01-02-2014, 09:31 PM
Sage

Chances are that if lots and lots of Villagers do not go on a very regular basis (at least a couple times a week), this bakery cannot survive.

For them to make a decent profit (gross minus expenses), they have to sell a lot of goodies.

What is a decent profit? $45,000? $35,000? What is the figure you would accept as decent if you owned a bakery?
Old 01-02-2014, 09:44 PM
Veteran member

Have been to this bakery several times and never disappointed. IMHO the problem at this point in time may be 466A being closed off and some Villagers may not know the back roads to get to 301. Location is right across the street from Wildwood city hall. And I love their eclairs. Best I've had since moving south. Good coffee too. I would love to see them stay in business, and with Villagers help, they should.
Old 01-02-2014, 10:38 PM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggyone View Post
Chances are that if lots and lots of Villagers do not go on a very regular basis (at least a couple times a week), this bakery cannot survive.

For them to make a decent profit (gross minus expenses), they have to sell a lot of goodies.

What is a decent profit? $45,000? $35,000? What is the figure you would accept as decent if you owned a bakery?

Why do you think that a new bakery/business in Wildwood would be dependent on villagers shopping there? Are there not other high density developments in the area and local residents from which to draw clientele? Might the bakery have business accounts as clients, also? Am I incorrect in feeling a negative vibe from you re Sweet Tables? Whatever might be a decent profit to any of us is probably totally irrelevant to what is necessary to survive to Sweet Tables.

Old 01-03-2014, 01:11 AM
Gold member
Send a message via AIM to Shirleevee

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfearn285 View Post
i have been there and it was the best key lime tart i have ever tasted... GREAT stuff - spoke to the owner and he said that they were gonna have more breakfast items soon.. as soon as the detour off 466A is complete, they should have more business... TRY IT,,, YOU'LL LIKE IT!!!!!
We are regulars when we have company. Their apple pie was great, but the bread pudding cake (be sure to heat it at home before serving), was amazing.
Love the Apple Fritters and anything coconut!

Staten Island, N.Y./The Villages
Old 01-03-2014, 02:02 PM

Thought I would check it out, get some bread and try a few of the goodies. Arrived at 1:45 Friday. Sign on the door says Tuesday to Saturday hours are 6:30 to 3:30. Neon light OPEN sign was brightly lit.

Door locked and dark inside.

Not sure I will make the trip again.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.