I don't get it.

Closed Thread
Old 06-05-2016, 09:31 AM
Veteran member
Default I don't get it.

Heard about Texas Roadhouse. Last night we decided to try it. Husband and I arrived about 5:40pm. No parking spaces. Bad sign we figured. We go in and are aghast at the shear column of mankind. We could hardly get in the door. The entrance was blocked and the waiting room area was filled. I think they might have been violating some fire code. People trying to leave the restaurant were having difficulty getting through the blocked entrance. This ids off season! I don't wait very long to be seated in restaurants, but was determined to try what must be gastronomic nirvana. After 50 minutes we were finally given a table. Loud music, dancing staff, clapping. No possibility of conversation. We ordered and ate. What I don't get is what's so wonderful about it to draw this amount of people. It about the same as Cody' s. May I repeat- this is off season. What is it going to be like when snow birds return?
Doubt we would return.
Old 06-05-2016, 09:39 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Your first visit to one determines your return. I will tell you not all are the same. Ate at one up noth last Sunday quiet not many people, I do find the food not fabulous
Old 06-05-2016, 09:43 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl
Default Nobody goes there anymore. It's too crowded?

We went to Texas Roadhouse on Wednesday for the first time. Pretty darn good, I'd say. Tender small steak and decent salad and baked potato for not a lot of money. The servers were really personable and attentive.

The only fly in the ointment was a fly at our table. Hate flies when I am eating. I spent a few minutes wondering what they could do about it but enjoyed the food.
Old 06-05-2016, 09:51 AM
Platinum member

I went there the other night for the second time. The service was first class, the food ok, but the noise level will keep it off a regular schedule. If someone wants to go there, I will go with them, but doubt that I will suggest it. WAY too high energy for me.
Old 06-05-2016, 09:55 AM
Platinum member

It really matters what day & time you choose to go. Saturday evening at 5:40 is probably the busiest time. Try a different day or earlier in the afternoon.

"Do no harm" (but take no sh**!)
Old 06-05-2016, 11:05 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,295 Times in 2,044 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by quirky3 View Post
It really matters what day & time you choose to go. Saturday evening at 5:40 is probably the busiest time. Try a different day or earlier in the afternoon.
We usually go for lunch at these busy places.
Old 06-05-2016, 11:15 AM
Email Reported As Spam

I don't get it either?
Old 06-05-2016, 12:00 PM
Sage

Noise levels in most TV restaurants are too high for us to talk comfortably.
Bonefish isn't quiet; but it's about the best we've found.

Last edited by Barefoot; 06-05-2016 at 02:12 PM.
Old 06-05-2016, 12:12 PM
Email Reported As Spam

The OP did address what she thought of the food. she said it was no different that what was offered at Cody's. she also explained why she was drawn to this restaurant .

I must confess that the name "Texas Roadhouse" gives me no clue as to its noise level???

I give the OP credit for her patience in waiting 50 minutes to give the restaurant a try. I would have balked the moment I discovered the parking lot was overflowing. However Mrs would prompt me on. However seeing columns of mankind as described by the OP would have me running to Olive Garden

I told my wife the only meal worth waiting for was one cooked by her.
Old 06-05-2016, 12:39 PM
Gold member
Location: Philadelphia & Lower Gwynedd, PA, Ocean City, NJ, Wesley Chapel, FL and The Village of St. James

I guess if you are a festive person and don't mind all the noise, then its for you. When we lived in Wesley Chapel, we had a Texas Roadhouse that opened there and I gave it two tries. I don't have any desire to visit one ever again, but that is just my opinion.
Old 06-05-2016, 12:47 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedChariot View Post
Heard about Texas Roadhouse. Last night we decided to try it. Husband and I arrived about 5:40pm. No parking spaces. Bad sign we figured. We go in and are aghast at the shear column of mankind. We could hardly get in the door. The entrance was blocked and the waiting room area was filled. I think they might have been violating some fire code. People trying to leave the restaurant were having difficulty getting through the blocked entrance. This ids off season! I don't wait very long to be seated in restaurants, but was determined to try what must be gastronomic nirvana. After 50 minutes we were finally given a table. Loud music, dancing staff, clapping. No possibility of conversation. We ordered and ate. What I don't get is what's so wonderful about it to draw this amount of people. It about the same as Cody' s. May I repeat- this is off season. What is it going to be like when snow birds return?

Doubt we would return.

I would have walked out immediately upon seeing that sea of humanity. I prefer a quiet dining experience. Loud music, dancing & clapping go against my pensive nature. Thanks for the heads up !
Old 06-05-2016, 01:02 PM
Platinum member

In talking to someone who has owned several restaurants over the years, I asked him why the loud intentional noise at TRH? He said that in the past he had consulted with experts on sound levels in restaurants....the good, the bad, etc. He said that there is a certain amount that is recommended so that people feel it is a busy, thriving restaurant.
I get that.....but in a senior community, I don't think it's appropriate. However, my thinking must be in the minority if the place was as crowded as it is.
Old 06-05-2016, 01:16 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,845 Times in 2,404 Posts

New restaurant, see if it has the same Appeal in three months? Loud obnoxious noises give me migraine. So you won't see me there.
Old 06-05-2016, 01:40 PM
Sage

As I have said earlier, it sounds like a Chucky Cheese that serves steaks--if you like noise with your food have at it !!
Old 06-05-2016, 04:18 PM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,297 Times in 535 Posts
Default Go early and on different day

Quote:
Originally Posted by quirky3 View Post
I agree 100%. With that many people the noise level will be beyond my comfort zone. The last time we dined at Bonefish we had similar numbers of customers and noise level and we were there at 4:30 on a Wednesday. However, it was middle of April. Texas Roadhouse and Cody's Roadhouse must be brother & sister---very similar. Frankly, we like Outback and Longhorn a little better.

Tags
people, blocked, entrance, season, return

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.