Consumer Reports: McDonald's -- The Worst Burger

Closed Thread
Old 07-09-2014, 10:42 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Consumer Reports: McDonald's -- The Worst Burger

According to Consumer Reports, in their latest issue, specifically referring to fast food type restaurants, "many of the biggest names earned significantly lower scores for foods that made them famous, notably McDonald's.

"The chain, which serves flash-frozen patties made with 100% USDA-inspected beef, touts them as free from "preservatives, fillers, extenders and so-called pink slime."

CR goes on to say that "such a pledge might be comforting, but it's hardly a rousing endorsement. McDonald's own customers ranked its burgers significantly worse than those of 20 competitors, including Hardee's White Castle and Carl's, Jr. No other house specialty scored as low."

I guess this is what's known as "food for thought!"
Old 07-09-2014, 11:35 PM
Platinum member

I could have told you that! IMHO If you read the book, "Toxin" you'll probably never eat another fast food burger!
Old 07-10-2014, 06:23 AM
Sage

I haven't been in a McDonald's in years and don't frequent them. I don't consider their choices as healthy.

I wonder where Chick-Fil-A rated in this survey?

Eat More Chickin!!!

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 07-10-2014, 07:07 AM
Eternal Member

I prefer McDonalds over all of the other chains.

Z

Second star to the right, then straight on 'til morning.
Old 07-10-2014, 08:59 PM
Veteran member

Love those fries. They are the only ones I eat.
Old 07-10-2014, 09:39 PM
Sage

If you eat at McDonalds you will grow old and eventually die.
Old 07-10-2014, 10:24 PM
KittyKat

I have always preferred BK's "charbroil" taste to McDonald's but this past year BK's burgers have had the texture of sawdust when I'm chewing it. Awful. McDonald's is closer to me so that's where I go. They made a HUGE mistake when they got rid of the Angus burger. Love their fries too.

I wish we had a Nathan's drive-thru. Or maybe not, I'd be there every day.
Old 07-10-2014, 10:28 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
If you eat at McDonalds you will grow old and eventually die.
Haha!! Nice one.
Old 07-10-2014, 10:41 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2BNTV View Post
I haven't been in a McDonald's in years and don't frequent them. I don't consider their choices as healthy.

I wonder where Chick-Fil-A rated in this survey?

Eat More Chickin!!!
Out of the 21 listed burger places, Five Guys was listed as #3.
The first two are not located in Florida.

CU rated 8 chicken places and Chick-fil-A was rated #1 out of a total of 8 that were listed.
KFC was rated #8.

Under Sandwiches & Subs, of note -- Firehouse Subs is rated #2, Jersey Mike's #6, Panera Bread #7, Quiznos #10, Einstein Bagels, #11 Arby's #13, Subway #14.
These ratings were out of a total of 15.
Old 07-11-2014, 06:33 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,108 Times in 1,340 Posts
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by simpkinp View Post
Love those fries. They are the only ones I eat.
If you drop one fry under your car seat it will look the same next year.
Old 07-11-2014, 06:41 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

McDonalds was the first employer for our kids after baby sitting. They both came home and complained they had to clean everything, even UNDER the tables when they were on the closing shift. We always choose McDonalds while traveling in the car. It is almost always clean and it is dependable.

It used to be the ultimate treat on Friday nights to eat at McDonalds and go grocery shopping, so daddy could help us carry it in.

McDonalds has been an American fixture for many years and taught many kids that they would like to make more than the minimum wage. Taught them to work for other people too.
Old 07-11-2014, 07:42 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
McDonalds was the first employer for our kids after baby sitting. They both came home and complained they had to clean everything, even UNDER the tables when they were on the closing shift. We always choose McDonalds while traveling in the car. It is almost always clean and it is dependable.

It used to be the ultimate treat on Friday nights to eat at McDonalds and go grocery shopping, so daddy could help us carry it in.

McDonalds has been an American fixture for many years and taught many kids that they would like to make more than the minimum wage. Taught them to work for other people too.
Good post Gracie! McDonalds has helped put many kids through school and taught them a good work ethic. You don't go to Mickey D's expecting gourmet food, but for many of us struggling to make ends meet with a family to raise, McD's was a once a week treat. When I could afford to eat the calories I loved their fried apple pies ......... to die for!

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 07-11-2014, 08:29 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,480 Times in 713 Posts

You don't see many kids working at McDonald's anymore. Those were the days when the hamburger was 15 cents, fries 12 cents, and a coke a dime. And your buddies working there always overpacked your bag.
Old 07-11-2014, 09:09 AM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,308 Times in 542 Posts

My Consumer Report has not gotten to me yet this month. I will be looking for it. Even my former hometown of 3,900 population has a McDonald's now and their employees, except managers, are either Retirees or young people. Needless to say its the busiest place in town!

I really like their coffee and the price is right. We often stop when traveling as McDonald's is fast and convenient. They do have some healthy items on the menu but their expertise lies in being fast and convenient. When traveling across the pond we love to see those golden arches.
Old 07-11-2014, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post

What you say above is absolutely true. But it does not make their hamburgers taste any better.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.