loving Bonifay

Closed Thread
Old 07-10-2014, 02:34 AM
Default loving Bonifay

wow...what a neat place...and the manager is sooo friendly..always says hello...the food and drinks are great !!!!
hemmingways could learn alot from places like this...even the help is happy go lucky...nice to see....bonifay is a great place for lunch or dinner...never disappointed there !!!!!
Old 07-10-2014, 05:35 AM
Sage

Yes, the food is OK at Bonifay and the staff is cheerful and efficient. I just don't like the decor. To me it looks like a place where you would buy hot dogs and soda at the beach. A litttle too informal for my taste.
Ecclesiasites 3:12
Old 07-10-2014, 05:46 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,343 Times in 519 Posts

Finally someone who does't when they
Old 07-10-2014, 06:52 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie01 View Post
wow...what a neat place...and the manager is sooo friendly..always says hello...the food and drinks are great !!!!
hemmingways could learn alot from places like this...even the help is happy go lucky...nice to see....bonifay is a great place for lunch or dinner...never disappointed there !!!!!
I agree. I live within walking distance of Bonifay, and I do that often.
Old 07-10-2014, 07:13 AM
Sage

I agree Bonifay is a great looking place with all of the beach decor. The indoor bar is a wonderful place to sit for a happy hour drink or three. HOWEVER, the fly problem at the outdoor bar area has never been fixed. It is literally crawling with flies and is disgusting. Why can't their owner get one of the many pest control companies to get rid of the swarms of flies? Other restaurants with outdoor areas like City Fire, redsauce, and Cody's do not have this disgusting and probable health hazard.
Old 07-10-2014, 07:16 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,753 Times in 3,629 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jblum315 View Post
Yes, the food is OK at Bonifay and the staff is cheerful and efficient. I just don't like the decor. To me it looks like a place where you would buy hot dogs and soda at the beach. A litttle too informal for my taste.
The food I've had there is good, but I agree .............. don't like the decor. Just not what a "country club" should look like.
Old 07-10-2014, 07:29 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,506 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggyone View Post
I agree Bonifay is a great looking place with all of the beach decor. The indoor bar is a wonderful place to sit for a happy hour drink or three. HOWEVER, the fly problem at the outdoor bar area has never been fixed. It is literally crawling with flies and is disgusting. Why can't their owner get one of the many pest control companies to get rid of the swarms of flies? Other restaurants with outdoor areas like City Fire, redsauce, and Cody's do not have this disgusting and probable health hazard.

I really hate flies. We have had one at our table the last two times at Cane Garden. It ruins the whole meal for me.
Old 07-10-2014, 09:08 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggyone View Post
I agree restaurants in LSL do not have this problem. When you get down to the southern end of Brownwood its a huge problem. I had dinner yesterday evening at Ricciardi's and flies were awful. They were even worse at the square and ended up leaving because of it.

If they don't do something about the flies we will be frequenting the northern sections of TV.
Old 07-10-2014, 09:15 AM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,307 Times in 541 Posts

We too have eaten at Bonifay many times because it's so close and the food and staff rarely disappoint. The decor is not "traditional" Country Club for sure. I think the Developer has tried to make each Country Club a bit different----it's different for sure at Bonifay.

It is what it is.
Old 07-10-2014, 12:38 PM
Platinum member

The flies are a big problem at Bonifay. I wish they would screen it in to possibly help the situation.
Old 07-10-2014, 12:57 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,753 Times in 3,629 Posts

Is this a year round issue at Bonifay???
Old 07-10-2014, 08:40 PM
Veteran member

We went to dinner tonight at Bonifay. Good drinks and good dinner. We ate outside, but still had a pesky fly. I also wish they would do something about it. And yes it is a year-round problem. I thought they had a plan to screen it in like Evan's Prarie.
Old 07-11-2014, 08:54 AM
Dancing Thyme

I agree, the problem of flies is extremely bad. We are there every Monday night for karaoke and the flies ruin my appetite for sure. A while ago, I spoke to the manager about it and he claims to have tried everything to get rid of them, but nothing works. I do believe there is a new manager there and perhaps he has some ideas.

They do have screens that they pull down and I noticed last week that the flies were very minimal if not gone. Maybe they need to pull them down more often???

They have a wonderful salad that I love with grilled chicken, corn, jicama, and a bunch of other veggies. I think its called a Santa Fe salad? I have it every week and haven't been disappointed.

I also love the staff and the decor, very beachy, which of course, as a Californian, I love it. Thumbs up for Bonifay (sans flies), lol.

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Old 07-11-2014, 01:41 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jblum315 View Post
Thank God we don't have to eat the décor
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.