Gio's Deli

Closed Thread
Old 01-27-2017, 02:57 PM
Default Gio's Deli

An off shoot of Giovanni's this place just opened on 310 north of 466 on the left hand side as you drive north in a yellow building. A real deli !

Authentic imported luncheon meats and cheeses. Hot meals like sausage and peppers, stuffed meatballs, chicken parm, ect. Pizza and homemade bread. Great sandwiches on tasty rolls. Real Italian deserts.

Stopped in this morning to check the place out and left after spending $ 30.00. Could have spent a $ 100.00.

Restaurant seating for the lunch crowd. Pretty nice if you like Italian food.
Old 01-27-2017, 05:47 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,301 Times in 2,369 Posts

It's US 301.
Old 01-27-2017, 07:34 PM

Had lunch there today. They feature a "quick serve" that includes very tasty Italian favorites. Or orders can be placed for special sandwiches. Had their Raspberry tea (very good) and priced reasonably. It is just across the street from the post office in Oxford. It seems like it is somehow an offshoot or connected to Giovanni's. Parking lot was nearly full, yet this restaurant has only been open a short time.
Old 01-27-2017, 10:46 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,301 Times in 2,369 Posts

Same folks.
Giovanni Manco, owner of the popular Giovanni’s Ristorante & Pizzaria in Southern Trace Plaza along County Road 466, plans to open a deli and build six small commercial buildings north of the Oxford Post Office along U.S. 301.
From the other news site.

Last edited by Bogie Shooter; 01-27-2017 at 10:54 PM.
Old 01-27-2017, 10:53 PM
Gold member

It is an off shoot of Giovanni's since it is Giovanni himself who owns it. Can't wait to try it.. waiting to get rid of this miserable cold that seems to be lingering.
I saw a few photo's on fb showing the buffet as well as the deserts and everything looked amazing. Guess I wouldn't expect anything less of Giovanni & staff. #1 in our opinion.
Old 01-28-2017, 03:59 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Looking forward to a good deli, hoping for small area of Italian grocery items.
Old 01-28-2017, 11:40 AM
Platinum member

Gotta try this place!!
Old 01-28-2017, 04:54 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,298 Times in 491 Posts

So, is it just a restaurant or does it have a grocery area and meat counter?
Old 01-28-2017, 05:35 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Good catch 'Golfing Eagles', here's the right one.

The Villages Florida

The Villages Florida

Gio's Deli and Mercato | Facebook

Last edited by John_W; 01-29-2017 at 12:21 PM.
Old 01-28-2017, 06:01 PM
Sage
Thanked 12,910 Times in 4,143 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
Nice place, too bad it's in Chicago!
Old 01-28-2017, 06:56 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Went by this place two weeks ago when we were in Chicago. down the street from math and science center

Last edited by asianthree; 01-28-2017 at 07:06 PM.
Old 02-26-2017, 10:06 PM

20 of us went on Saturday. The thin crust pizza was crisp, tasty and topped with lots of meat and cheese. I thought it was cooked perfectly and tasted great. The thick pizza was like bread with sauce. I wouldn't order it..... Salads were fresh and cold but the Italian dressing was blah....just oil so, it was tasteless. They probably didn't shake the bottle to mix before pouring on the salad. The subs were good...the bread seemed like it was from a commercial bakery and not like an Italian roll. The sandwiches had at least 4 oz of meat and the sliced Italian meats/cheese were good and very tasty. A friend had an open Italian roast beef sandwich. The meat/cheese etc was good but the oil that was baked on the ciabatta bread smelled and tasted rancid. The place was packed with only two waitresses for their two rooms. So, the service left a lot to be desired (SLOW, STRESSED and when they finally took our order they RUSHED) and it took us over 60m to get our food with just sandwiches, salads and pizza. We had made a reservation but the restaurant never planned for our visit. When we arrived, the waitresses did not know, THAT we had a room reservation. (the back room). We also went up to the deli counter to purchase some meats/cheese and no one would even acknowledge that we were there. So, we gave up. Any one behind the counters is working and don't even look up or even say hi! They need more help or maybe some better personalities. All in all, I think they need a few improvements and will probably do very well but, I'll wait a month or so before going back so, they can get their act together and hopefully, things will have been improved and more organized. Their Italian bread for purchase was very good! Also, if you have reservations in their back room bring ear plugs. There is no sound proofing in the room so, with 20 people speaking you couldn't hear yourselves think. It was very uncomfortable to your ears and I am a good loud listener!

Last edited by paulascorpio; 02-26-2017 at 10:08 PM. Reason: Forgot something vip
Old 03-08-2017, 12:29 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,295 Times in 2,044 Posts

Went by there today when mailing something to my older brother Robert.

Will have to try it sometime.
Old 03-08-2017, 01:48 PM

Hoping more restaurants will come down to the south end of TV.
Old 03-17-2017, 12:43 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulascorpio View Post
20 of us went on Saturday. The thin crust pizza was crisp, tasty and topped with lots of meat and cheese. I thought it was cooked perfectly and tasted great. The thick pizza was like bread with sauce. I wouldn't order it..... Salads were fresh and cold but the Italian dressing was blah....just oil so, it was tasteless. They probably didn't shake the bottle to mix before pouring on the salad. The subs were good...the bread seemed like it was from a commercial bakery and not like an Italian roll. The sandwiches had at least 4 oz of meat and the sliced Italian meats/cheese were good and very tasty. A friend had an open Italian roast beef sandwich. The meat/cheese etc was good but the oil that was baked on the ciabatta bread smelled and tasted rancid. The place was packed with only two waitresses for their two rooms. So, the service left a lot to be desired (SLOW, STRESSED and when they finally took our order they RUSHED) and it took us over 60m to get our food with just sandwiches, salads and pizza. We had made a reservation but the restaurant never planned for our visit. When we arrived, the waitresses did not know, THAT we had a room reservation. (the back room). We also went up to the deli counter to purchase some meats/cheese and no one would even acknowledge that we were there. So, we gave up. Any one behind the counters is working and don't even look up or even say hi! They need more help or maybe some better personalities. All in all, I think they need a few improvements and will probably do very well but, I'll wait a month or so before going back so, they can get their act together and hopefully, things will have been improved and more organized. Their Italian bread for purchase was very good! Also, if you have reservations in their back room bring ear plugs. There is no sound proofing in the room so, with 20 people speaking you couldn't hear yourselves think. It was very uncomfortable to your ears and I am a good loud listener!
20 people in a Deli and it only took 60 minutes? I would have expected at least 2 hours. Large groups should stick to restaurants like the country clubs who want that type of business.

Tags
left, real, north, place, italian

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.