Gio's Deli

Closed Thread
Old 03-17-2017, 03:58 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,351 Times in 2,390 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulascorpio View Post
20 of us went on Saturday. The thin crust pizza was crisp, tasty and topped with lots of meat and cheese. I thought it was cooked perfectly and tasted great. The thick pizza was like bread with sauce. I wouldn't order it..... Salads were fresh and cold but the Italian dressing was blah....just oil so, it was tasteless. They probably didn't shake the bottle to mix before pouring on the salad. The subs were good...the bread seemed like it was from a commercial bakery and not like an Italian roll. The sandwiches had at least 4 oz of meat and the sliced Italian meats/cheese were good and very tasty. A friend had an open Italian roast beef sandwich. The meat/cheese etc was good but the oil that was baked on the ciabatta bread smelled and tasted rancid. The place was packed with only two waitresses for their two rooms. So, the service left a lot to be desired (SLOW, STRESSED and when they finally took our order they RUSHED) and it took us over 60m to get our food with just sandwiches, salads and pizza. We had made a reservation but the restaurant never planned for our visit. When we arrived, the waitresses did not know, THAT we had a room reservation. (the back room). We also went up to the deli counter to purchase some meats/cheese and no one would even acknowledge that we were there. So, we gave up. Any one behind the counters is working and don't even look up or even say hi! They need more help or maybe some better personalities. All in all, I think they need a few improvements and will probably do very well but, I'll wait a month or so before going back so, they can get their act together and hopefully, things will have been improved and more organized. Their Italian bread for purchase was very good! Also, if you have reservations in their back room bring ear plugs. There is no sound proofing in the room so, with 20 people speaking you couldn't hear yourselves think. It was very uncomfortable to your ears and I am a good loud listener!
Did you tell anyone at the deli of your gripes?
I agree twenty people in one party is a lot for that place..........
Old 03-17-2017, 04:33 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,749 Times in 1,386 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgm3279 View Post
Hoping more restaurants will come down to the south end of TV.
With the planned expansion of TV and other developments all south of, along or adjacent to 44 it will not be long before the critical mass will once again entice national and other establishments to come.
Old 04-15-2017, 03:18 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina, Duval, 1 retired in Richmond
Thanked 1,588 Times in 567 Posts

Stopped by at 10:30 to pick up some odds and ends for a quick dinner tonight. Was a little chaotic, only three customers in store. there's no prices on anything in the deli counter, or what actually was in the pre-cooked food the hot area.
I really wanted some chicken Parmesan and was told no that was grouper. Since there was no sign I had to go with what they told us. Then someone came down and said no that was chicken but they would get us the grouper. Very confusing.

The bread was to be done in about a half an hour after a 45 minute wait we were told it would be another hour. I'm hoping it's just newly opening growing pains. I was hoping to buy some red sauce, fresh pasta, and olives, but there wasn't any available. I love the restaurant so hoping this becomes a little more organized. In the meantime I think I'm in a have to drive to Tampa
Old 04-15-2017, 03:51 PM
Email Reported As Spam

giovan's is one of the few places that has remained consistent with its product and service. glad to see he and his family are expanding
Old 05-13-2017, 04:16 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,314 Times in 383 Posts

I stopped in there to check it out. It smelled like a real italian deli. Of course, when i stop in and ask for half a pound of Gobagol and they know what i mean then it will be real.

And how anyone can call italian specialty meats "luncheon" meat...
Old 05-13-2017, 04:34 PM
Veteran member

way to go,now the place will be packed! gotta say really good food.
Old 05-13-2017, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
giovan's is one of the few places that has remained consistent with its product and service. glad to see he and his family are expanding
Agree 100 %. Only I wish they would expand their restaurant.
Old 05-13-2017, 05:49 PM
Sage
Thanked 12,911 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gpsma View Post
I stopped in there to check it out. It smelled like a real italian deli. Of course, when i stop in and ask for half a pound of Gobagol and they know what i mean then it will be real.

And how anyone can call italian specialty meats "luncheon" meat...
The same way they call Bonefish "fine dining"??
Old 07-14-2017, 08:31 PM

Is it bring your own wine or do they serve beer and wine?
Old 07-14-2017, 09:04 PM
Platinum member

I was there with a group of 50 in the side room for lunch. Great service and no complaints were mentioned. IMHO they did a great job. Yes, a group of 50.
Old 07-14-2017, 09:30 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,316 Times in 2,053 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by starflyte1 View Post
I was there with a group of 50 in the side room for lunch. Great service and no complaints were mentioned. IMHO they did a great job. Yes, a group of 50.
I would not expect it could hold that many.
Closed Thread

Tags
left, real, north, place, italian

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.