Giovanni's

Closed Thread
Old 05-18-2015, 05:46 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by profession View Post
It's taken me 30 years in Michigan to find pizza as good as Rizzi's in Akron,Ohio. I found it at Giovanni's!! Pepperoni, mushrooms, and sausage. Every Saturday. Try it; you'll love it.
You found good pizza in MI? It must have been on the east side of the state.
Old 10-08-2015, 08:01 AM
Veteran member
Default Not for us

After reading many nice things about Giovanni's, we finally went there for dinner. We enjoyed the look and feel of the place once inside. It had a simple charm. Service was friendly and prompt. There were plenty of choices. Unfortunately, neither my wife nor I enjoyed our meals. She had a combination plate of things to get an idea of how different meals tasted. Unfortunately, everything on her dish was smothered in the same sauce and the individual parts of the meals were hidden below (and blended together in taste as a result). My meal was both bland and heavy. We won't go back. On the other hand, most people were ordering pizza and they seemed to be enjoying it. That might have been a better choice.
Old 10-08-2015, 12:21 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,301 Times in 2,369 Posts

Never had a bad anything there.
Old 10-08-2015, 03:35 PM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Never had a bad anything there.
Ditto: I am reluctant to eat out and seldom do but I never was disappointed with a meal from Giovanni's and I've eaten there a dozen times at least.
Old 10-08-2015, 09:40 PM

I agree with Rubicon and Bogie. We like Giovannis. There eggplant parmigiana is really good and we really like their pizza. Some other choices not so much but we like the down home, local southern italian feel.
We do like the chicken parmagiana at The Chefs of Napoli and Bravo has good pizza but no ambiance and wouldn't get any other dish there. My husband's brooklyn old time marinara sauce is the best, but it is a lot of prep. We like to serve it with sweet sausage (butterflied and grilled well) from Fresh Market and broccoli rabe sauteed with garlic (lots). This will keep your immune system perking'!!
We always make enough to freeze for at least four meals.
Old 10-08-2015, 09:56 PM

So sorry...their not there...yeesh!
Old 10-09-2015, 04:52 AM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryanna630 View Post
I agree with Rubicon and Bogie. We like Giovannis. There eggplant parmigiana is really good and we really like their pizza. Some other choices not so much but we like the down home, local southern italian feel.
We do like the chicken parmagiana at The Chefs of Napoli and Bravo has good pizza but no ambiance and wouldn't get any other dish there. My husband's brooklyn old time marinara sauce is the best, but it is a lot of prep. We like to serve it with sweet sausage (butterflied and grilled well) from Fresh Market and broccoli rabe sauteed with garlic (lots). This will keep your immune system perking'!!
We always make enough to freeze for at least four meals.
Hi maryanna: chicken parmigiana my wife's go to dish when she is out. Giovanni's marinara sauce is descent . My wife makes a sausage and broccoli rabe with bowties and a white sauce that I like we also substitute spinach with it.
Old 10-09-2015, 06:36 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
Hi maryanna: chicken parmigiana my wife's go to dish when she is out. Giovanni's marinara sauce is descent . My wife makes a sausage and broccoli rabe with bowties and a white sauce that I like we also substitute spinach with it.
Chicken parm you taste so gooooooood.
Old 11-09-2015, 09:47 AM

Best Italian and our favorite overall restaurant in The Villages.
Old 12-24-2015, 07:28 AM
Default Delicious!

Delicious!
Old 05-19-2016, 07:13 AM

Wonderful food!
Old 01-22-2017, 02:10 PM

Love Giovanni's -eat in or we even just call in for pizza to take home!
Old 01-22-2017, 03:08 PM
Soaring Eagle member

After so many positive testimonials we gave it a try last month. We got there early anticipating a large crowd and were only the third couple sat. I ordered the eggplant parmigiana and my wife ordered the chicken parmigiana. The red sauce on both our orders was dark brown and tasted burnt. Also, our waitress was more interested in a constant chit chat with the staff than attending to our table. Our drinks ran out, empty dirty dishes were not picked up. And as you can imagine no apology was offered, we felt as if we were disturbing her. Our first and only experience wasn't good, we won't be going back.
Conversely, with many negative opinions about Riccardi's we find their food excellent and the service pretty good. Go figure.
Old 01-22-2017, 04:45 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickeyD View Post
After so many positive testimonials we gave it a try last month. We got there early anticipating a large crowd and were only the third couple sat. I ordered the eggplant parmigiana and my wife ordered the chicken parmigiana. The red sauce on both our orders was dark brown and tasted burnt. Also, our waitress was more interested in a constant chit chat with the staff than attending to our table. Our drinks ran out, empty dirty dishes were not picked up. And as you can imagine no apology was offered, we felt as if we were disturbing her. Our first and only experience wasn't good, we won't be going back.
Conversely, with many negative opinions about Riccardi's we find their food excellent and the service pretty good. Go figure.
You really should have spoken to the owner. It is family run and one of the family is always on duty. It's our go to Italian place in TV.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 01-22-2017, 05:08 PM
Platinum member

We liked the fried calamari -- pizza not so much. Also we have found the taste of their "red sauce" inconsistent between visits
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.