Glen View CC

Closed Thread
Old 02-26-2017, 12:12 PM

The Friday lobster roll used to be great. Not now! All it is a lot of mayo, imitation crab, and maybe a spec or two of lobster claw meat. Disgusting. And the New england clam chowder is like a flour glue. Sad.
Old 02-26-2017, 12:37 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

I also have been there a few times over the past 6 months and the inconsistency is noticible. Great experiences and not so great experiences, fortunately no really bad experiences. While, at one time, it was "the" place to go, it is now just "another" place to go.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 02-26-2017, 04:10 PM
Sage

Went to Gleview last Friday and had a new dish of chicken marsala over linguine. Delicious. Ate half and reheated the other half Saturday night for dinner. My friend had the same dish and he agree it was very good and took his half home. FWIW -Were both Italian and we enjoyed this dish.

Two others had the grouper and both took half of their dinner home. They said it was delicious.

BTW - I had the clam chowder and thought it was decent. Not the best I had but then, I am not that picky of an eater.

I would definitely go back to Glenview. It's also two blocks from my house.

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 03-08-2017, 01:39 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts
Default Glenview - excellent lunch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madelaine Amee View Post
I am really glad you posted. We spent many, many great nights at Glenview and would love to do so again. I hope you are right, maybe the new owner reads TOTV!
Well we went for lunch today. I ordered the Lobster Panini and it was absolutely EXCELLENT. Real lobster, just a small amount of greens, nothing overpowering, just right. I am so glad we went back. Price was good, around $10 for the lobster plus bar chips and coffee. My otherhalf ordered the soup and sandwich and was not as impressed with his food as I was.

However, the bar had several empty booths and the garden room overlooking the golf course had several empty tables. In the past both the bar and the garden room have been packed when we have been there.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 03-08-2017, 08:31 PM
Veteran member

I went there to lunch today with a group of ladies. Had the special 5.99 lunch and it was excellent. A shrimp salad sandwich and cup of sweet potato bisque soup. Great waitress named Renee. Definitely will go back. I've been here for ten years and love the place.
Old 03-08-2017, 10:48 PM
Platinum member

Glenview is owned by Maheshwar Nomula and Smita Karkal, owners of Hacienda CC and World of Beers.

Skip
Old 03-09-2017, 06:56 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip View Post
Glenview is owned by Maheshwar Nomula and Smita Karkal, owners of Hacienda CC and World of Beers.

Skip
At one time, both of these establishments were top shelf............ and now both of these establishments are on a downward slide! Disappointing.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Closed Thread

Tags
glen, view, years, food, thick

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.