Glenview Country Club

Closed Thread
Old 10-19-2016, 07:17 PM
Platinum member
Default Glenview Country Club

This is not a complaint because the service and meals were very good. But we did have an odd occurance tonight. We had a large group of 10. They told us we could not be seated until at least half of the group arrive. Again, no problem. The odd thing was after half of the group arrived, the table was ready but we could not be seated because they did not have enough menus! I told the receptionist that we didn't care and we could order drinks until the rest of the group arrived. Still they would not seat us. Has anyone else ran into this?
Old 10-20-2016, 02:59 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mleeja View Post
This is not a complaint because the service and meals were very good. But we did have an odd occurance tonight. We had a large group of 10. They told us we could not be seated until at least half of the group arrive. Again, no problem. The odd thing was after half of the group arrived, the table was ready but we could not be seated because they did not have enough menus! I told the receptionist that we didn't care and we could order drinks until the rest of the group arrived. Still they would not seat us. Has anyone else ran into this?
Ownership changed in August. Maybe the Perkins ran off with all the menus.

Always chat with the manager to give feedback. Host/hostess is the lowest paid staff position. Don't complain to them.

Skip
Old 10-20-2016, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Doesn't make sense. I'm sure the hostess was only doing their job but I would have said something to the manager.
Old 10-20-2016, 05:51 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,353 Times in 2,392 Posts

Careful, I get criticized for advising people to talk to the manager.
Old 10-20-2016, 06:15 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
I have a feeling that the hostess wasn't supposed to even say you could be seated with half your group, as the policy has been your entire group has to be there before being seated (or at least that's been my experience).

I'm thinking since she told you incorrectly that you could be seated with 1/2 your group, she was 'straightened out' by a supervisor and then used the lack of menus...as an excuse to make you wait for the rest of your group.

Just my observation.
Old 10-20-2016, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Careful, I get criticized for advising people to talk to the manager.
Didn't want to critize the hostess,or,waitress but customer complaints need to be addressed by the restaurant management.
Old 10-20-2016, 07:51 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by debow View Post
Didn't want to critize the hostess,or,waitress but customer complaints need to be addressed by the restaurant management.
Don't get me wrong that I was upset with the hostess, I was not. This just seems like an odd policy. Besides, the hostess is cute and it gave me a chance to flirt with her!

Last edited by Mleeja; 10-20-2016 at 08:10 PM.
Old 10-21-2016, 06:47 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

I am on record, on this chat line, stating how much we enjoy Glenview which is our local watering hole. When the former owner sold out to the new owner we were hoping for some real changes, unfortunately they have not happened. BUT, we tried to get into the lounge this week and it was full, so if this establishment is going to be standing room only again this winter, there really is no incentive for the new owner to change anything, and that is a great shame.

As far as the staff goes, we think the wait staff is excellent and very friendly which really is what keeps bringing us back. However, they need, desperately need, a MANAGER. A Manager who is experienced in running a kitchen and handling customers, and one who actually understands that to stop and acknowledge a diner means a great deal and keeps the person coming back.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 10-21-2016, 07:58 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madelaine Amee View Post
I am on record, on this chat line, stating how much we enjoy Glenview which is our local watering hole. When the former owner sold out to the new owner we were hoping for some real changes, unfortunately they have not happened. BUT, we tried to get into the lounge this week and it was full, so if this establishment is going to be standing room only again this winter, there really is no incentive for the new owner to change anything, and that is a great shame.

As far as the staff goes, we think the wait staff is excellent and very friendly which really is what keeps bringing us back. However, they need, desperately need, a MANAGER. A Manager who is experienced in running a kitchen and handling customers, and one who actually understands that to stop and acknowledge a diner means a great deal and keeps the person coming back.
It's one of your favorite places, yet you think "some real changes" are needed? What?
Old 10-21-2016, 08:06 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,506 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by outlaw View Post
It's one of your favorite places, yet you think "some real changes" are needed? What?
I understood what she meant. Some things are more important than others and that is what keeps them coming back.
Old 10-21-2016, 08:22 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by outlaw View Post
What don't you understand? Yes, it is one of our favorite places or it WAS one of our favorite places. We happen to enjoy sitting in the lounge and they have a great lounge to sit and enjoy a drink. The ambience of the building is excellent, the dining room is very reminiscent of a Boston Gentleman's Club - which is what we are used to. The garden room overlooking the golf course is lovely and could be even better with a little attention.

However, the food has steadily gone downhill over the past few years, and the menu is in dire need of change and they desperately need a MANAGER who knows how to run a dining establishment.

Now, what don't you understand!

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Last edited by Madelaine Amee; 10-21-2016 at 08:31 AM.
Old 10-21-2016, 08:24 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I understood what she meant. Some things are more important than others and that is what keeps them coming back.
You get it Gracie!

Old 10-22-2016, 03:58 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
What don't you understand? Yes, it is one of our favorite places or it WAS one of our favorite places. We happen to enjoy sitting in the lounge and they have a great lounge to sit and enjoy a drink. The ambience of the building is excellent, the dining room is very reminiscent of a Boston Gentleman's Club - which is what we are used to. The garden room overlooking the golf course is lovely and could be even better with a little attention.

However, the food has steadily gone downhill over the past few years, and the menu is in dire need of change and they desperately need a MANAGER who knows how to run a dining establishment.

"is" and "was" have quite different meaning. If you would have originally said something like "it used to be (or was) one of our favorite...", then I would have understood.
Old 10-22-2016, 04:07 PM

Quote:

Seating issues like this were a terrible problem imposed by the prior management. Maybe the terms of the sale required the new owners to exhibit dumb seating requirements to preserve the legacy of the Perkins.
Old 11-04-2016, 01:59 AM

You didn't understand AND you got a snot-o-gram! WOW. You win. No questions or comments. This is how things escalate into arguments and hurt feelings. Manners and respect. Defensive is reserved for DRIVING ONLY, please. Have a lovely day. (boy, am I gonna get spanked here)
Closed Thread

Tags
group, odd, arrived, half, seated

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.