Good Chinese Restaurant?

Closed Thread
Old 11-23-2014, 02:01 PM
TOTV SPONSOR
Default Bamboo Bistro is delicious...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dregan@choosegar.com View Post
So many great restaurants in The Villages but I can't seem to find a good Chinese one. Any suggestions?

Have you tried the Bamboo Bistro? They have a great menu and really good specials. We love it!!!!
Old 11-23-2014, 03:26 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightworker888 View Post
I am Chinese (of Cantonese descent) and we have tried all the various Asian restaurants. Most are Fusion style except the buffets and Cheng's. We had Peking Duck at Cheng's which was nice, but for us the best food is at Panda Express beside Home Depot. The food is always fresh and there is all kinds of choice. It is better than a buffet as they only cook as needed and the food turns over fast. Their honey walnut shrimp are terrific and the lo mein is the best around. You can order whatever you want and the prices are reasonable. It is sit in or take out so you aren't dining as such but the food makes up for the lack of atmosphere. I haven't found any really good buffet yet in TV. JMHO
LW888
Have you tried China Lee in Ocala buffet? I'm not an expert on Chinese food but one of the clubs I belong to goes there often.
Old 11-23-2014, 06:33 PM
Gold member

So the answer is no good chinese here???
Old 11-23-2014, 07:19 PM
Soaring Eagle member

I would consider "here" to be anything from Crystal River to Ocala to Orlando and everything in between. Before The Villages, we never gave it a second thought to drive across Indy or Louisville or wherever for dinner. A good restaurant is a destination in and of itself. No pain. No gain.
Old 11-23-2014, 08:47 PM
Veteran member
Default China Lee

I don't know China Lee. Where Is it? We have been to the Ocean Buffet which wasn't bad but don't know any other Chinese restaurants in Ocala. I think we tried Shang Hai a few years ago but can't remember much about it. I think it must have been OK but not anything special or we would have used it again, though it is far from us. Once we found Panda Express we haven't tried any others recently. Btw Ming Court on Orlando is terrific. We go there for Dim Sum and that is a treat.

LW888
Old 11-24-2014, 05:18 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNLAKEPANDA View Post
So the answer is no good chinese here???
Yep, pretty much so.
Ecclesiasites 3:12
Old 11-24-2014, 06:46 AM
Gold member

Always liked it when we were able to go to Chinese Restaurant where they made their own Egg Rolls from scratch, at the restaurant, and not frozen. Right now we buy the frozen, but not even close!!
Old 11-24-2014, 04:25 PM
Sage

Quote:
I don't know China Lee. Where Is it? We have been to the Ocean Buffet which wasn't bad but don't know any other Chinese restaurants in Ocala. I think we tried Shang Hai a few years ago but can't remember much about it. I think it must have been OK but not anything special or we would have used it again, though it is far from us. Once we found Panda Express we haven't tried any others recently. Btw Ming Court on Orlando is terrific. We go there for Dim Sum and that is a treat.
LW888
Here is their website...........CHINA LEE BUFFET | Restaurant Takeout | Order Food Online
I've only been there once and liked it but as I said I'm not an expert on chinese food.
Old 11-24-2014, 07:18 PM

Tried Shanghai in Mulberry based on this threads opinions. Sorry, I thought it was mediocre at best. Had Kung pao chicken. I asked for extra spicy and they gave me some pepper paste to add myself. I asked for white meat only and was told they wouldn't do that. I ended up with 4 pieces of dark chicken and the rest was big chunks of celery, carrots and green peppers. Should have called it very bland Kung pay vegetables. The egg roll was OK but cold. Konami here I come.
Old 11-24-2014, 09:56 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,022 Times in 454 Posts

Konami? Where's that?
Old 11-24-2014, 10:19 PM

Darn spell check! KOYAME...
Old 11-25-2014, 09:04 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,562 Times in 508 Posts

The wife and I finally pulled into "Paradise" yesterday about 11am after being on the road for about 20 hrs total, grabbed a couple of hour nap and had takeout last night from Koyame. We had seen several positive reviews on them and the food was really good. I had General Tso's chicken and the wife had Pad Thai. Ahh, the journey begins.
Old 11-25-2014, 10:26 AM

We agree! We have lived here over 11 years and we feel they are awesome. Great food and great service. Koyame 750-9983
Old 11-27-2014, 11:31 PM

Quote:

LW888
if you are interested in dimsum, you dont have to drive to orlando to get it. bamboo bistro serves it. sometimes they have coupons for it too.
Old 11-28-2014, 08:11 AM
Veteran member

There is no comparison in dim sum between Ming Court and Bamboo Bistro. One is handmade and the variety is outstanding. We did go to the Bamboo for dim sum and had a ladies lunch there too, when it first started serving it, but it really is worth the drive to Orlando if you know and love dim sum. If I had a dim sum hankering and couldn't get to Ming Court, then I would be happy to go to Bamboo, but given the choice, I would plan to make the drive to Orlando for dim sum and eat Italian while in TV at Il Confessore. JMHO

LW888

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.