Good Fried Fish Restaurant

Closed Thread
Old 07-07-2015, 07:05 AM
Location: TV, Vero Beach, Fl., Ft. Lauderdale, Fl., Boston, Ma.

It's extremely difficult to beat the value of the Haddock Fish Fry @ Athen's in Spanish Springs. It's a real sight to watch patrons who see for the first time the entrée delivered to a table. I believe it's Wed. & Fri. that they have a special for $11.99. Haven't been to a seafood restaurant that serves a larger portion and because they fry the fish in peanut oil it makes for an even better taste. Gotta try it!!!!
Old 07-07-2015, 07:24 AM
Email Reported As Spam

The best we have had is haddock at Doug's Fish Fry in Skaneateles, New York. a big meaty piece of fish that draps over the roll. I acutally like the dinner better In fact its the best around central new york and copied everywhere.whatever that secret X is Athens comes close but ... doug's entire menu is triple D worthy. Skanetatles on Skaneateles Lake one of the finger lakes) is a nice little town
Old 07-07-2015, 07:34 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathy and al View Post
It's extremely difficult to beat the value of the Haddock Fish Fry @ Athen's in Spanish Springs. It's a real sight to watch patrons who see for the first time the entrée delivered to a table. I believe it's Wed. & Fri. that they have a special for $11.99. Haven't been to a seafood restaurant that serves a larger portion and because they fry the fish in peanut oil it makes for an even better taste. Gotta try it!!!!
Is it batter dipped or the cornmeal dip?
Old 07-07-2015, 08:02 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
The best we have had is haddock at Doug's Fish Fry in Skaneateles, New York. a big meaty piece of fish that draps over the roll. I acutally like the dinner better In fact its the best around central new york and copied everywhere.whatever that secret X is Athens comes close but ... doug's entire menu is triple D worthy. Skanetatles on Skaneateles Lake one of the finger lakes) is a nice little town
Love Skanetatles, a neat, picturesque place to visit!!
Old 07-11-2015, 08:19 PM

Fish Fry Friday at Burke's Bar B Q on 466A is awesome, if you like a good catfish ( I won't eat most catfish, but I love Burkes). Southern fried, homemade tarter, and great portions at a great price.

Some complain they don't like the cafeteria style serving, but you can see the guy frying the fish in small portions and I have yet to get a filet that has been out of the fryer longer than 3 minutes.
Old 07-12-2015, 03:36 PM

Athens has the best fish fry on Friday nights. Delicious haddock in a good batter!
Old 07-13-2015, 03:07 PM

Most places only serve fried fish filets, what I want is a whole fried fish with the skin on (innards removed...of course!!)
Old 07-13-2015, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnieman View Post
Is it batter dipped or the cornmeal dip?
You have a choice of beer battered or breaded.
Average minds discuss events.
Small minds discuss people.

Eleanor Roosevelt
Old 07-14-2015, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1366 View Post
Most places only serve fried fish filets, what I want is a whole fried fish with the skin on (innards removed...of course!!)
If they are allowed to even serve fish with bones, I doubt it would be very long before they got sued by a choking customer.
Closed Thread

Tags
fish, fried, good, dinner, villages, pay, recommendations, anyplace, fortune, dinners, lived, husband, restaurant, ohio, friday, served, restaurants

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.