Great meals at Koyame

Closed Thread
Old 02-26-2015, 07:20 PM
Sage
Smile Great meals at Koyame

Went to Koyame (chinese) tonight and hadn't been there in a while. The food was awesome. I had General Tso's chicken (all white meat) and hubby had Szechuan shrimp, both with fried rice and spring roll. It also came with soup which I had hot and sour and he had won ton. Every bit of everything was awesome. I had forgotten just how good their food is. It didn't seem that busy so I thought I'd give it a little boost by posting here. It's the best chinese food by far that I've had since I moved here.
Old 02-26-2015, 07:31 PM
Gold member

Great food. Nice friendly staff. Worth a visit.
Old 02-26-2015, 07:54 PM
Gold member

So where is it located?
Old 02-26-2015, 09:26 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNLAKEPANDA View Post
So where is it located?
Buenos Aires Blvd and 441. In the shopping center where the Publix is located.
Old 02-26-2015, 09:29 PM

We ate there about a month ago and it was amazing. Best Chinese we have found here. Will be going back, for sure.
Old 02-27-2015, 08:43 AM

This is our "go to" for Chinese food. They have never failed to please!!
Old 02-28-2015, 05:49 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts
Default Real New York/Chinese Food - Excellent

Koyame - have not been there in a while, but saw the great write ups here and thought we would try it again. New owners since we were there, they are NY Chinese and the food is excellent. We are from Boston and the style of Chinese they are serving is just what we are used to and have been missing.

We were there early, 5:30ish and they were full and had plenty of take out phone orders. Give them a try. There is absolutely NO AMBIANCE, but the food is great. Oh, and very reasonable - they do a combo meal which includes a soup, spring roll and meal for about $10.50.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 02-28-2015, 09:08 PM
Veteran member
Location: Chicago, Arlington Hgts, North Aurora, Il. TV since 2002!

We gave it a try again after all the great reviews and I have to say once again were disappointed. Apparently none of the oriental places around here care to use or put Chinese vegetables in their food. I tried the chow mean once again and except for a few bean sprouts zip, nothing, no water chestnuts, no bamboo shoots, no pea pods the only place that uses at least some of these i Bamboo Bistro. Excellent food, very fresh doesn't have the oily taste like at Koyame. Glad others enjoy it though.
Old 02-28-2015, 11:27 PM

I agree. We tried Koyame twice and left disappointed with our meals both times. Very oily and they say no msg but my wife is very sensitive to it and had a reaction both times. Bamboo Bistro is far and above the the best authentic fresh Chinese food in the area in our opinion. There Peking duck is incredible! Life is short Enjoy it. Cheers !
Old 03-01-2015, 06:47 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

///
Old 03-01-2015, 08:13 AM
Gold member

Went there with my wife Friday nite. I ordered Sesame chicken. It came with broccoli which was cold. The chicken was sort of stringy. However, the taste was OK. My wife had chicken with cashew nuts. She said it was good. Since its quite a ride from where we live there are other Chinese restaurants that we prefer like the take out at Colony Plaza and Evergreen Buffet. We might try the restaurant in the Rolling Acres plaza.

John

"Don't curse the darkness when you can light a candle"
Old 03-01-2015, 09:22 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleDog View Post
Went there with my wife Friday nite. I ordered Sesame chicken. It came with broccoli which was cold. The chicken was sort of stringy. However, the taste was OK. My wife had chicken with cashew nuts. She said it was good. Since its quite a ride from where we live there are other Chinese restaurants that we prefer like the take out at Colony Plaza and Evergreen Buffet. We might try the restaurant in the Rolling Acres plaza.

John
I agree about the cold brocolli. They don't mix it with the food and put it on the side so it gets cold, but their food is very appealing to the eye and much of it is szechuan style which I love. Spicey! I think some of the other chinese restaurants in the shopping centers lack true intense flavor in most of their food. Many times just a drop of sesame oil or a little more concentrated (not watered down) brown sauce is all that keeps it from being top notch. I usually add the sesame oil when I get home. I also like Bamboo Bistro as well. To me there are two good places, Koyame and Bamboo Bistro.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.