Guru Restaurant, Indian cuisine

Closed Thread
Old 04-11-2015, 09:20 AM
Default Guru Restaurant, Indian cuisine

Last night we ventured down to The Guru Restaurant in Clermont to celebrate our friend's birthday. WOW!!! What a fabulous experience!!!
The place is nicely decorated and extremely clean, with white linen tablecloths, red cloth napkins, tea-light candles, and fresh flowers in vases. The owner, Uday, is a hands-on owner, greeting us at the door, making the rounds at the tables insuring our satisfaction while filling water glasses. The server we had was wonderful, so attentive and knowledgeable about the flavors and specifics of every offering on the menu. And the food..... oh my, the food was great!!

We ordered Chicken Tika Masala, Palak Paneer, Lamb Saag Walla, and Beef Buna, which all came with basmati rice. It was served family style, so we were able to share. Each dish was unique, with such a range of flavors, I couldn't decide which was my favorite.

The birthday girl is from The UK, where Indian food is extremely popular, and she proclaimed that this was the best birthday present as the excellent food tickled her tastebuds and fine dining atmosphere was a treat.

It is located in the Clermont Hillside Terrace, 2400 S. US Hwy27, Suite 101. It is just south of Route 50 on the right hand side up on the hill, across from the Texas Roadhouse. It is kind of hard to find, as you have to make a right on Steve's Road and use the Harley Davidson driveway to backtrack to the plaza. If you see Graffiti Junction, you are in the right area, it is across from that. According to their take-out menu, they are only open Tuesday through Saturday, from 5pm on. The phone number is 352-241-9884

It was really worth the trip!!
Old 04-11-2015, 10:17 AM
Sage

Thanks for the recommendation. Sounds great.
Old 04-11-2015, 04:58 PM
Platinum member

Thanks for the heads up. I miss Indian food a lot so this is great to hear. I'd have Chicken Tikka with Nan bread and vegetable samosa for appetitizer or coconut samosa for desert. Or do I want a dosa? Lol!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.