Honest John's

Closed Thread
Old 11-11-2016, 06:09 PM
Sage
Default Honest John's

Went to Honest John's last Tues. drinks were perfect.

We were advised they had a new menu.

The menu is getting skimpier & skimpier

Very little to choose for person who doesn't want run of the mill fare.

My wife had their version of cheese steak-barely edible, I had a salmon entree

We will not be back there until the spring, or unless they enhance the menu
Old 11-11-2016, 10:01 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,302 Times in 865 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbrat View Post
Went to Honest John's last Tues. drinks were perfect.

We were advised they had a new menu.

The menu is getting skimpier & skimpier

Very little to choose for person who doesn't want run of the mill fare.

My wife had their version of cheese steak-barely edible, I had a salmon entree

We will not be back there until the spring, or unless they enhance the menu
Was one of our favorite go to places when they opened. As the menu diminished, so did our attendance. We will not go back until Spring unless we get pushed into it by visiting family or friends....it no longer on our go to list. It has been replaced by Turners in Leesburg.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 11-12-2016, 06:44 AM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to l2ridehd

We were there last week. Picked up my wife at the shuttle and went there for lunch. Walked in and there was no hostess and a couple in front of us also waiting. They finally left and said they were going someplace else. Waited a bit more and she finally came. I told her a couple had left and she said to me very indignantly that she was "chatting" and took us to our seat in a huff. She immediately went back to another table and started chatting again. I could see her and the front door from my table. Two others came in and left because she was so busy chatting. She would occasionally peek around the corner to see if someone was there, but only caught one other couple and lost two others during our lunch.

Our server was very good, the food just OK, limited menu, but she will be the cause of us not to return. I am surprised the servers didn't say something to her as they were losing customers because of her poor work ethics. And the place was pretty empty. Where was the manager who couldn't see this employee causing business to be lost? My guess is this is another place that will fail because of poor management. And yet City Fire who owns Honest John,s seems well managed.

Last edited by l2ridehd; 11-12-2016 at 09:28 AM.
Old 11-12-2016, 07:08 AM
Gold member
Send a message via AIM to rjn5656

My only complaint is noise level. Hard to have conversation
Old 11-12-2016, 08:34 AM
Sage

Spoke to the mgr-he said they were losing $$, no mkt for specialty items--guess they can't compete with Cody's for meat, Gators for seafood, Red Sauce-Italian If you don't have a niche-don't expand--copy City Fire's menu

It won't last much longer- its easy to see a failing restaurant
Old 11-12-2016, 11:32 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,478 Times in 711 Posts

\\\\

Last edited by Chi-Town; 11-12-2016 at 11:34 AM. Reason: Duplicate
Old 11-12-2016, 11:40 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,478 Times in 711 Posts

Went to Honest John's last might and had their fried chicken. It came with Asiago mashed potatoes and cole slaw. Others had the cod fish fry that came with smashed potatoes and cole slaw. Coming from golf comfort food was definitely called for. Food and service were excellent.

After dinner we went to the bar where Robert and Mary France were playing. The place was packed and rockin'.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Old 11-12-2016, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbrat View Post
Spoke to the mgr-he said they were losing $$, no mkt for specialty items--guess they can't compete with Cody's for meat, Gators for seafood, Red Sauce-Italian If you don't have a niche-don't expand--copy City Fire's menu

It won't last much longer- its easy to see a failing restaurant

I have yet to have a "great" meal at any of the places you mention. The ONLY place that is in TV that has lived up to expectations is Johnny Rockets. The rest, mediocre at best...middle of the road food for middle of the road folks with middle of the road tastes...bet Italian I have had to far in TV is NYPD Pizza on 446 (Oxford). Red Sauce...bleh.
Old 11-12-2016, 12:24 PM
Veteran member
Default Food

Quote:
Originally Posted by LitespeedRider View Post
I have yet to have a "great" meal at any of the places you mention. The ONLY place that is in TV that has lived up to expectations is Johnny Rockets. The rest, mediocre at best...middle of the road food for middle of the road folks with middle of the road tastes...bet Italian I have had to far in TV is NYPD Pizza on 446 (Oxford). Red Sauce...bleh.
Quote from bbbbbb
We always like Sonnys, The Thai on Canal st., Evans Prairie, and Perkins in SS. In any restaurant service can be a problem, depends on who is running the ship. Have you ever been on a cruise and the problems are visible? Loose fire extinguishers, Life boats not secured properly, Oil from Engine room boots on stairways, Food is marginal, rest rooms are not clean? Well a ship is managed by a Captain and a First Mate. It starts and stops there. Same deal in a restaurant, Captain is the owner, First Mate is the manager.

bbbbbb
Old 11-12-2016, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LitespeedRider View Post
Totally agree with you assessments of the restaurants mentioned. None are anything but OK at best. As for Johnny Rockets, OK for a greasy burger and fries, especially because of the smiley face they write on your paper plate with catsup. If that turns you on, by all means continue going there for your gourmet meal experiences. No comment about the Pizza joint which probably doesn't qualify as a real restaurant any more than any other Pizza joint.
Old 11-13-2016, 10:38 AM
Sage

Went to HJ's on Sunday to watch football game.

$1.50 for a beer with a frosted glass and the wings were great!

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 11-13-2016, 04:13 PM
Sage

Wings and beer should not be a criteria to judge any restaurant by, its basic cookie cutter food

IMHO--the best wings if the villages are @ Hemingways
Old 11-13-2016, 04:55 PM
Sage
Default Less selection, more money

We went to First Watch for breakfast last weekend and noticed that their menu also got MUCH smaller. 4.79 for one pancake??? Granted it was large but seems like a lot. I also paid almost 8.00 for one waffle....no sides...just waffle. We won't be going back. No selection and too pricey.
Closed Thread

Tags
menu, honest, johns, skimpier, wife

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.