I don't get it.

Closed Thread
Old 06-06-2016, 07:18 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedChariot View Post
Heard about Texas Roadhouse. Last night we decided to try it. Husband and I arrived about 5:40pm. No parking spaces. Bad sign we figured. We go in and are aghast at the shear column of mankind. We could hardly get in the door. The entrance was blocked and the waiting room area was filled. I think they might have been violating some fire code. People trying to leave the restaurant were having difficulty getting through the blocked entrance. This ids off season! I don't wait very long to be seated in restaurants, but was determined to try what must be gastronomic nirvana. After 50 minutes we were finally given a table. Loud music, dancing staff, clapping. No possibility of conversation. We ordered and ate. What I don't get is what's so wonderful about it to draw this amount of people. It about the same as Cody' s. May I repeat- this is off season. What is it going to be like when snow birds return?
Doubt we would return.
I understand that the entire experience did not meet your comfort level. We have several local Steak Joints that are equal to Texas Roadhouse but not as much fun. I can understand about the noise level because it is a bit much. If I was a food critic I would give them a 9 out of 10 for the food and a 6 out of 10 for the atmosphere. In the positive column the lighting is good, I could read the menu. The A/C was painful, just the way I like it and the waiter was excellent. We will return but never will wait in line.
Old 06-06-2016, 08:46 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,506 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
I understand that the entire experience did not meet your comfort level. We have several local Steak Joints that are equal to Texas Roadhouse but not as much fun. I can understand about the noise level because it is a bit much. If I was a food critic I would give them a 9 out of 10 for the food and a 6 out of 10 for the atmosphere. In the positive column the lighting is good, I could read the menu. The A/C was painful, just the way I like it and the waiter was excellent. We will return but never will wait in line.
Sweetie went to the car for our restaurant jackets.
Old 06-06-2016, 09:02 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phanatic Luvr View Post
I guess if you are a festive person and don't mind all the noise, then its for you. When we lived in Wesley Chapel, we had a Texas Roadhouse that opened there and I gave it two tries. I don't have any desire to visit one ever again, but that is just my opinion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by patfla06 View Post
We went to the one in Wesley Chapel and could not even hear the people we were with.

Tried the one here and it was the same experience.
They kept turning up the music in an already obnoxiously loud place to begin with.

My husband's head was pounding.

We both would never go back!
We also went to the one in Wesley Chapel when we lived there and never went back. We tried this one once also, and again, will not be returning.
Old 06-06-2016, 10:57 AM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,308 Times in 542 Posts
Default Prime Steak

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbussone View Post
If you drive 30 minutes north to Ocala you could enjoy a really wonderful steak house - Mark's Prime Steakhouse. The other night I had a bone in sirloin that was just out of this world. It was pricey though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
A prime steak is pricy. For most folks in TV, the casual steak houses appeal because they are not too pricey. We will do the "pricey" occasionaly on a special occasion. We always liked Vic Embers in Leesburg---too bad it burned.
Old 06-06-2016, 12:37 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by justjim View Post
A prime steak is pricy. For most folks in TV, the casual steak houses appeal because they are not too pricey. We will do the "pricey" occasionaly on a special occasion. We always liked Vic Embers in Leesburg---too bad it burned.

The last name of the restaurant must have been a foreboding. But I have heard a lot of favorable comments about them.

Old 06-06-2016, 12:53 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,506 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

I hear they will soon have a service at Publix that will grant loans to folks purchasing two filet mignons.
Old 06-06-2016, 02:33 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I hear they will soon have a service at Publix that will grant loans to folks purchasing two filet mignons.

But your credit score will have to be above 800.

Old 06-06-2016, 02:49 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbussone View Post
But your credit score will have to be above 800.

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I thought it was Wegmans that offered this service!
Old 06-06-2016, 03:42 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYGUY View Post
We also went to the one in Wesley Chapel when we lived there and never went back. We tried this one once also, and again, will not be returning.
There is a sick addiction in America today. It is called musical noise oppression. When the violin player arrives at a dance with an amplifier bigger that a car- you know there will be no conversation that night. Find the same problem at many restaurants. After reading a few posts here, we will quietly avoid Texas Road Houses.
Old 06-07-2016, 10:34 AM
Sage

The noise level complaints is the reason I haven't visit Texas Roadhouse. Unless the food is substantially better than Longhorn's, I will continue to go to Longhorn's for steak and conversation. IMHO

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 06-07-2016, 10:59 AM
Sage

I think the word "Roadhouse" is synonymous with noise.
Unlike retirees, I think a lot of young people must like to eat in noisy surroundings.
Below is a review of a Roadhouse in Illinois.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Every now and then we get the urge to try restaurants that serve prime rib. We checked on-line and found the Texas Roadhouse fairly near us. The music in the restaurant was so loud, we couldn't hear the waitperson ask for our order. We asked - no, begged - that the music be turned down a bit. The reply was "We're getting ready to dance!" Even after the dance was over, the music was so loud, it really negatively impacted our meal.
So loud we couldn't order - Texas Roadhouse, Countryside Traveller Reviews - TripAdvisor
Old 06-07-2016, 01:58 PM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickeyD View Post
I would have walked out immediately upon seeing that sea of humanity. I prefer a quiet dining experience. Loud music, dancing & clapping go against my pensive nature. Thanks for the heads up !
Yea can imagine trying to stuff food in your mouth at the rate of the beat of the song. it happened to a group of us some years back at a Mexican restaurant when suddenly I announced that I became conscious of the fact that I was spooning my food in to the beat of the music and to my surprise other people in the group chimed in "me too" Turn the beat around...........
Old 06-12-2016, 09:50 PM

After reading through these comments I'm going to say there will be no more wait time as the place is too noisey for most. I like the food and haven't found the place to be very noisey, I learned also to just go late and avoid what I call" Village dinner time" I tend to live outside the box.
Old 06-13-2016, 04:43 AM

I'm not from NJ dahlin, but don't get the attraction either. Not my idea of dining out😎
Old 06-13-2016, 05:02 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyP View Post
I learned also to just go late and avoid what I call" Village dinner time".
It's simple to avoid the crowds.
Between 5:30 & 7:00 PM is a great time to go grocery shopping - the stores are empty.
After 7 PM is a great time to go out to dinner.
Closed Thread

Tags
people, blocked, entrance, season, return

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.