I don't get it.

Closed Thread
Old 07-23-2016, 04:00 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

I'm not a big fan of all the noise, but in my experiences in eating at Texas Roadhouse, the food is great and the service is excellent. The steaks are excellent and always cook to perfection and the baked sweet potato with cinnamon butter is to die for. The bread is fantastic.

As long as too many people are not having birthdays it's not usually too bad.

We ate at Outback last week and I'll never go there again. I ordered a steak and I got a huge clump of salt and some other spices with a steak inside. I wanted to trim off the entire outside of the steak. Talk about ruining a good steak.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 07-23-2016, 09:43 PM
Platinum member
Thumbs down Roadhouse = noisy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
I must confess that the name "Texas Roadhouse" gives me no clue as to its noise level???
Restaurants with the word "Roadhouse" in their names are sending a message that they are casual to the point of being rowdy. In venues where there is a younger crowd than The Villages it is not unusual to have fist fights break out, with an occasional knifing. The music is loud and the lighting is subdued, with lots of neon signs advertising beer.

Roadhouses of this ilk can usually be discerned by the presence of a large, surly bouncer on the premises.

The word "Texas" in the subject under discussion indicates the theme. Admittedly, it is a stereotype of what people expect a Texas theme should be; loud and vulgar. I am a Texan and have regularly eaten in outstanding BBQ restaurants (not Roadhouses) throughout central Texas from Austin to San Antonio, and found them to be tranquil places, without being dull, where the food was outstanding.

I have no interest in dining where the noise level makes table conversation difficult, no matter how good the food and service.
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	Hoity Toit Beer Joint.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	47.7 KB
ID:	60993  
Old 07-24-2016, 08:08 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post
I'm not a big fan of all the noise, but in my experiences in eating at Texas Roadhouse, the food is great and the service is excellent. The steaks are excellent and always cook to perfection and the baked sweet potato with cinnamon butter is to die for. The bread is fantastic.

As long as too many people are not having birthdays it's not usually too bad.

We ate at Outback last week and I'll never go there again. I ordered a steak and I got a huge clump of salt and some other spices with a steak inside. I wanted to trim off the entire outside of the steak. Talk about ruining a good steak.
I don't like the steaks at Outback either, too many spices or something that hides the actual steak flavor, but their prime rib is really good. The spices are only on the outside.
Old 07-24-2016, 01:59 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl in Tampa View Post
Restaurants with the word "Roadhouse" in their names are sending a message that they are casual to the point of being rowdy. In venues where there is a younger crowd than The Villages it is not unusual to have fist fights break out, with an occasional knifing. The music is loud and the lighting is subdued, with lots of neon signs advertising beer.

Roadhouses of this ilk can usually be discerned by the presence of a large, surly bouncer on the premises.

The word "Texas" in the subject under discussion indicates the theme.

I have no interest in dining where the noise level makes table conversation difficult, no matter how good the food and service.
Not at all what Texas Roadhouse is about!

It is basically a cowboy themed version of Cody's- which also had Roadhouse in it's name.

It is a fun filled casual restaurant with moderate priced food and you can drink and toss peanut shells on the floor.

If it is too noisy, don't go there. Don't worry about knife fights or surly bouncers. They aren't there. Cold beer is there!
Old 07-24-2016, 03:40 PM
Platinum member
Post Read carefully.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl in Tampa View Post

The word "Texas" in the subject under discussion indicates the theme. Admittedly, it is a stereotype of what people expect a Texas theme should be; loud and vulgar. I am a Texan and have regularly eaten in outstanding BBQ restaurants (not Roadhouses) throughout central Texas from Austin to San Antonio, and found them to be tranquil places, without being dull, where the food was outstanding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandtrap328 View Post
Not at all what Texas Roadhouse is about!

It is basically a cowboy themed version of Cody's- which also had Roadhouse in it's name.

It is a fun filled casual restaurant with moderate priced food and you can drink and toss peanut shells on the floor.

If it is too noisy, don't go there. Don't worry about knife fights or surly bouncers. They aren't there. Cold beer is there!
Strange. You contradict my post and then affirm what I said.

1. Texas indicates the theme.
2. Roadhouse indicates casual.

As stated, the bouncer and knifings reference was to other venues where it is a younger crowd. You want to see fights, try the Dallas Bull in Tampa. Young crowd. Bouncers. Fights. Cops called.

Old 07-24-2016, 05:04 PM
Veteran member

In any restaurant, there are some things to consider.
There can be: Problems with the cook(s), with the amount of tables, with the amount of servers, the managers or assistant managers, the noise level or substitute for music, the deliveries of food products. There are many factors but it is up to the manager or assistant manager to make it all work. A good manager will find a way to make it all happen, that is what they are paid to do. Some places do not make this happen and so it is up to the customer to make their own decision or to walk. Many people like to harp on because of this or because of that, well, the manager is Captain of the Ship. If it is listing, then he is the guy that should take care of the problem, now.
bbbbbb
Closed Thread

Tags
people, blocked, entrance, season, return

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.